(Topic ID: 198306)

Pin2DMD colorization of....... Lethal Weapon 3!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Malenko
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MultiScroll.gif
MultiCrash.gif
fuse.gif
fuse.gif
choppahhhheyes.gif
choppaah.gif
Multiball (resized).JPG
Malenko.gif
helico 5.gif
helico 4.gif
helico 3.gif
helico 2.gif
helico 1.gif
helico 5 (resized).png
helico 4 (resized).png
helico 3 (resized).png
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Awesome work!! Im here to keep your encouragement up and thanks for returning to work on this!! I just received my v3.01 code and on day 2 of testing out the features and improvements! Did you get around to coloring all the stunt scenes and the superstunt? I know you mentioned you had already sold the game.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Awesome work!! Im here to keep your encouragement up and thanks for returning to work on this!! I just received my v3.01 code and on day 2 of testing out the features and improvements! Did you get around to coloring all the stunt scenes and the superstunt? I know you mentioned you had already sold the game.

Everything is colored. Now its just bug fixes, 3.X compatibility and finishing the full conversion to everything saying Multiball instead of Tri-Ball.
Is there anyone out there that actually *wants* the game to say tri-ball ?
Its been a lot more of a time sink to make it all say Multiball, so I was just curious.

Malenko.gifMalenko.gif
Multiball (resized).JPGMultiball (resized).JPG

#53 3 years ago

If you are asking, I think we all want the current form of Multiball. Is there much more sequences to complete?

I think making the frames say multiball completes the modernization of colurizing the game!

Does that other colordmd system say one or the other? Could this raise the bar on the pin2dmd side of scene?

Really good to see ur, "back in action"

#54 3 years ago

I'm not really back in action, I was just never happy with some of the glitches on this game, so the 3.X code is a good reason to update it. I believe ColorDMD says Tri-Ball but they can change it to Multiball as well, and if they need the frame data or color screens I'd be happy to provide those to them for their customers (for free obviously).

I went back and recolored a lot of the scenes Yangra did as well, his color choices were just a little too jarring compared to what I'd pick, but it's still great he did what he did. Some were totally redone, some where just color changes, and others were just adding shading.

choppaah.gifchoppaah.gifchoppahhhheyes.gifchoppahhhheyes.gif
#55 3 years ago

Ah yah! I should have wrote its great to see you getting this title, "back in action!!"

Those clips from helicopter stunt look great

#56 3 years ago

If this is still a work in progress, can that multiball screen on the first page be updated to have the multiball font colour in yellow or red or just something really flasher other than the grey and black that was used?

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

If this is still a work in progress, can that multiball screen on the first page be updated to have the multiball font colour in yellow or red or just something really flasher other than the grey and black that was used?

Be more specific, theres like 15 places where Triball/Multiball are displayed.

Do you mean the one with the fuse:
fuse.giffuse.gif

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Everything is colored. Now its just bug fixes, 3.X compatibility and finishing the full conversion to everything saying Multiball instead of Tri-Ball.
Is there anyone out there that actually *wants* the game to say tri-ball ?
Its been a lot more of a time sink to make it all say Multiball, so I was just curious.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I prefer Tri-Ball so happy for it to stay.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Be more specific, theres like 15 places where Triball/Multiball are displayed.
Do you mean the one with the fuse:
[quoted image]

I would think make all the multiball images all the same color for consistency. But sorry i was referring i was referring to the opening armored truck sequence.

I just was thinking of making it bright yellow or blue something flashy for the announcement. No worries ur the pro! The armored truck one i just noticed was pretty dark

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from martymart:

I prefer Tri-Ball so happy for it to stay.

I got bad news for ya then.... Well if you don't run chads code you don't need to update your files.
That being said, once everything is squared away, it wont be too hard to go back and make all the triball stuff replace all the multiball stuff
AFAIK its 2 of the demo screens, the flashing arrow saying its ready, the truck in the MB/TB sequence and the text in that sequence too.

Quoted from trueno92:

I would think make all the multiball images all the same color for consistency. But sorry i was referring i was referring to the opening armored truck sequence.
I just was thinking of making it bright yellow or blue something flashy for the announcement. No worries ur the pro! The armored truck one i just noticed was pretty dark

They are as consistent as i can get it with the color limitations:

fuse.giffuse.gif
MultiCrash.gifMultiCrash.gif
MultiScroll.gifMultiScroll.gif

Its not final, but heres whats done so far:

1.75 Added/Colored "LW3 Unofficial" screen (CHADCODE)
Added/Colored "visit pinball code.com" scene (CHADCODE)
Added Extra frames to the end of the first segment of the chase scene (CHADCODE)
Added Extra frames to cop slide section of Car Crash Scene (CHADCODE)
Recut/Colored/Triggered Driver's eye scene from Car crash to match new timing (CHADCODE)
-Done in a way that wont break compatibility with old code
Recut/Colored/Triggered Toilet Bomb scene to match new timing (CHADCODE)
-Done in a way that wont break compatibility with old code
Added additional Crime Simulator spash screen frames (CHADCODE)
Recolored Replay screen back to gold and blue
Recolored "Silver Pictures" intro scene
Recolored "insert coin" screen, reverted coin to silver
Recut/Colored/Triggered BSMT2000 screen to remove glitch
Recut/Colored/Triggered ALL TEN DEMO SCENE CARDS (this was well over 12 hours alone)
-1 to 1 and 1 to 2 triggering (2 triggers per frame when possible)
-this fixes color and frame glitching
-this fixes the scrolling effect issue
-this fixes coloring getting out of sync with DMD
Better shading on the exploding building windows
Fixed miscolored S on "Riggs wins" in fight mode completion
ALL NEW Colorized by Malenko screen, as if you care.
Recolored the Helicopter chasing the car scene
Recolored the Helicopter pilot's eyes scene
Better shading on Car crashing into Helicopter scene
Replaced the blue with brown in the chopper chasing the car towards the screen, darkened car mirror
"Coming Soon" shorted to 6 frames (it loops) should fix timing on demo screens
Added/colored "FROM" frame (after coming soon, before Data East)
Added/colored "Data East Pinball" scene witht he circles
Fixed Yangra's colorization of the dont drink and drive (recolored guy and martini olive)
Added/Colored the credit scroll instead of just a pal swap
Added/Colored "Multiball Fuse" scene instead of just a pal swap
Added/Colored "Karate Kick" scene
Recut/Colored "Looping" sequence 1 to 1 framing
Changed "Leo Getz" speech bubble to white
Recolored "Danger Dog" scene
Added/Colored Super Pops 100,000
Added/Colored Super Pops 1,000,000
Added/Colored Super Leo
ReCut/Colored/Triggered armored car driving through Multiball letters
-triggered on both Multiball and Tri-Ball

#61 3 years ago

this is an amazing update! but you outta really sneak ur credit into the demo screen with the guy holding the flag when it says "leaders in dot matrix technology".

6 months later
#62 3 years ago

I have an issue adding colorization for my LW3 Real Pin. When the Game Boots I get the Pin2DMD Firmware startup screen then the Data East/Sega screen. That's as far as it goes. If I change game mode to CAPCOM per thread on pinside I see LW3 game display but with the wrong color pallet. I then change back to Data East/Sega per the thread and get stuck again on the 2nd Pin2dmd screen. Pin2DMD Hardware is Evo 128x32 Rev1.2 Game Rom is 2.08 Video Rom ver 2.6 (2 ROMS ROM0 and ROM1) Started with Pin2dmd Firmware 4.10, then tried 4.# and 3.2 currently. The .pal and .FSQ ver is 1.61.

I have the ability to burn my own Game ROM Image if needed but have not tried that yet... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from BARTBITE:

I have an issue adding colorization for my LW3 Real Pin. When the Game Boots I get the Pin2DMD Firmware startup screen then the Data East/Sega screen. That's as far as it goes. If I change game mode to CAPCOM per thread on pinside I see LW3 game display but with the wrong color pallet. I then change back to Data East/Sega per the thread and get stuck again on the 2nd Pin2dmd screen. Pin2DMD Hardware is Evo 128x32 Rev1.2 Game Rom is 2.08 Video Rom ver 2.6 (2 ROMS ROM0 and ROM1) Started with Pin2dmd Firmware 4.10, then tried 4.# and 3.2 currently. The .pal and .FSQ ver is 1.61.
I have the ability to burn my own Game ROM Image if needed but have not tried that yet... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You can try Whitestar .

#64 3 years ago

Tried Whitestar and have the same effect.

#65 3 years ago

You can also try to go into setting and reset the configuration.

#66 2 years ago

Ok I finally got it working. So this is what I had to do to get it to work. 1st removed the FSQ and PAL files. Then restarted the pin. DataEast / Sega was stuck at that screen still. I then went into Config Mode and did a Config Reset as requested. Changed the mode to DataEast/Sega and saved the Config. This time it did show LW3 graphics without the correct colorization. Turned the game off. Added the FSQ and PAL Files again and Booted the way it was supposed to with the correct Colorization. I did not change the Firmware from 3.2 to the latest. Will do that when an update is released.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from BARTBITE:

Ok I finally got it working. So this is what I had to do to get it to work. 1st removed the FSQ and PAL files. Then restarted the pin. DataEast / Sega was stuck at that screen still. I then went into Config Mode and did a Config Reset as requested. Changed the mode to DataEast/Sega and saved the Config. This time it did show LW3 graphics without the correct colorization. Turned the game off. Added the FSQ and PAL Files again and Booted the way it was supposed to with the correct Colorization. I did not change the Firmware from 3.2 to the latest. Will do that when an update is released.

That indicates that you messed up the settings somehow. Most likely the Enhancer setting was wrong.

4 months later
#68 2 years ago

Thanks a lot for this excellent work!

4 weeks later
#69 2 years ago

Question: I am excited to say I have my Pin2DMD up and running. I have the SD card with the fsq and pal files loaded. I have colored scenes, (ROM's are Chad's code with most recent display roms as well), but I'm confused. My game still says Tri-Ball instead of multiball. I am not concerned with this other than wondering if I don't have the most recent update running or if I may have not correctly put my settings on. I have not messed with the Enhancer. My Pal is on FLASH, and the CONFIG is Data East/Sega. Just wondering if anyone knows if I need to edit something. Thanks.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Question: I am excited to say I have my Pin2DMD up and running. I have the SD card with the fsq and pal files loaded. I have colored scenes, (ROM's are Chad's code with most recent display roms as well), but I'm confused. My game still says Tri-Ball instead of multiball. I am not concerned with this other than wondering if I don't have the most recent update running or if I may have not correctly put my settings on. I have not messed with the Enhancer. My Pal is on FLASH, and the CONFIG is Data East/Sega. Just wondering if anyone knows if I need to edit something. Thanks.

No this is normal. I believe they think they removed it, however it is still there. Mine says tri ball and then says multi ball.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

No this is normal. I believe they think they removed it, however it is still there. Mine says tri ball and then says multi ball.

Thanks. I'm excited I have it working. the old dmd was broke. Shout out to bushav for all his help.

#72 2 years ago

what version of my colorization are you using? The latest *should* have everything converted to Multiball.

Im using the chad beta roms but they should be using the same hashes as the final.

1 year later
#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

what version of my colorization are you using? The latest *should* have everything converted to Multiball.
Im using the chad beta roms but they should be using the same hashes as the final.

Malenko - sorry to resurrect an old thread, I have just updated my machine to the 3.01 roms and noticed the same issue with the Multiball Fuse animation missing using the latest 1.75 files, it says Tri-Ball for the fuse animation again now.

I tried editing the project using the Pin2DMD editor and I can get the fuse animation to work by setting a mask on the first 15 columns in Multiball Fuse 2 and 3 of the of the Keyframes and setting the animation to REPLACE (not sure if thats relevant), but then I then noticed some of the other things like the music choice screen and the high scores dont work properly when compiled using the 3.0 Editor.

I cant find an old version of the editor so Im a bit stuck now, do you still have the same Editor loaded that you originally compiled the pal and fsq files with maybe?

3 weeks later
#74 1 year ago

Ive made some fixes to the LW3 colourisation files that Malenko released, Ive been using Chads 3.01 code and mostly just fixed things like the Tri-ball to Multiball animation not working properly.

There isnt a huge amount in terms of actual fixes but its taken me a couple of weeks effort, so full respect to Malenko for doing the main conversion, please donate to him if you havent already, his Paypal link is https://www.paypal.me/Malenk0

An amended readme.txt with a list of changes is in the folder as well as the new source and the generated pin2dmd files. Ive also included version 2 of the Pin2Dmd editor by Sker65, which seems to work better generating the Pin2dmd files for the real LW3 machine (for me at least) and thanks to Phoerber for testing them out for me on his machine too.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RaEnVtVZfd-1jC4HqR7Xwz6yKI5p4txH?usp=share_link

#75 1 year ago

good work!

I quit colorizations a while back. The politics were a bit much and money seemed to be the focus. Thanks for taking the time to update this, it was one of the reasons I always released all my work with source for free; to try and foster some sort of community. I'll give these a go when I can carve out some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,800 (OBO)
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-lethal-weapon-3/page/2?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.