New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 210513)

PIN2DMD colorization of .... Jurassic Park

By Rensh

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

match.gif
JP2 (resized).png
JP1 (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

I am attempting to colorize my JP with PIN2DMD. As a DIY guy this is for me part of the fun in pinball.

This is thus a hobby project and not making promises to deadlines or if I will even finish it at all. It's a hobby, not work after all. Suppose to be fun. Have already enough experience now to know that the colorpeople who do this for us, pin2dmd or colordmd or smartdmd or whatever, deserve a lot of respect. Its a skill of which I doubt I will master it

I am sharing my effort with you all and perhaps even some will, hopefully, chime in. Have now worked several evenings on it and thanks to Lucky1 and Rappelbox I am making progress though it is slow. Understanding the software, having a good recording, try and retry, it all takes time.

You can see and download my work at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap585hMUVLvwiNcICdGE_Y-yrWqufQ . This folder is read-only. Each time there is a change I will put it in the folder

If you wanna upload something you can do this at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap585hMUVLvwiNY63erCQfsnOD6AsQ . This folder also has write permissions.

So I am doing my best, the dynamic scenes will be a big challenge for sure, and hope it will also be of interest for you.

JP1 (resized).png

JP2 (resized).png

4 months later
#2 2 years ago

Hi Rensh,

Thanks for this excellent work! And thank you for sharing your WIP project.

I've done some work on it. I've polished the keyframing on the colorizations you've done, and colorized some new things. While nowhere near finished, it's playable and I think a very nice alternative to a plain DMD palette in its current state. I've placed my modified files in your upload folder. Feel free to use or share. Cheers!

#3 2 years ago

Thanks. Must admit that I hab stopped this project as JP has been sold. I will leave the folder available for others to enjoy.

Thanks again

Rens

1 year later
#4 11 months ago

neat.

match.gif
#5 11 months ago

Cant get this to work with my pin2dmd, anyone has this working?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside