(Topic ID: 197928)

Pin2DMD colorization of....... GODZILLA!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Code
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Godzilla.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
matchgame.gif
GodzillaMB.gif
ChopperSnack.gif
SuperPops.gif
ReplayEye.gif
bridge.gif
Lightning.gif
MissileJackpot.gif
SonarMB.gif
NY Radar.gif
Taxi-T.gif
TaxiCrush.gif
TaxiMultiball.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Let me just say that the DMD artists for this game did an AMAZING job, its some of the best pixel art Ive ever seen on a DMD.
That being said,Rappelbox talked me into coloring this game and he provided recordings for me. This is my 5th colorization and I like to think Im getting pretty good at them.

Every scene is colormasked so far and the colors themselves are subject to change so if something looks too bright or too dark dont worry, adjusting palettes is one of the last steps.

As of right now I'd say the game is about 70% colored. Here are some Taxi related GIFs

TaxiMultiball.gifTaxiMultiball.gif
TaxiCrush.gifTaxiCrush.gif
Taxi-T.gifTaxi-T.gif

#2 6 years ago

And some more eye candy:

NY Radar.gifNY Radar.gif

SonarMB.gifSonarMB.gif

MissileJackpot.gifMissileJackpot.gif

Lightning.gifLightning.gif

#6 6 years ago

I dont like to give myself a hard deadline but I hate the answer"it'll be done when its done". I *should* be able to finish coloring this week, Rappelbox will do some testing (I lack the actual machine) after the colorization is done, it'll be up to him to release the files publicly.

You can purchase a pin2DMD and run it in a "palette" mode , basically replacing the 4 colors with any 4 of your choosing or just using an all green shaded palette until the files are released

Rappelbox has dibs on group buy for this game, so I'd suggest him

Not sure, dont have a machine or the latest pin2DMD shield. Thats a question for a hardware vendor (I just color the games)

bridge.gifbridge.gif

#8 6 years ago

Still chippin away!

ReplayEye.gifReplayEye.gif

SuperPops.gifSuperPops.gif

ChopperSnack.gifChopperSnack.gif

#10 6 years ago

it *might* be done the coloring part today

GodzillaMB.gifGodzillaMB.gif

#14 6 years ago

Thanks, all the coloring is done. Rappelbox is going to check the keyframes. Took a week and about 40 hours.

Here's my pan handling link: http://paypal.me/Malenk0

matchgame.gifmatchgame.gif

I dont know why the GIFs look so messed up on here /shrug

1 year later
#38 4 years ago

Since DMDMK66 is stealing my work without credit, I decided to make some changes to this colorization

Release Change Log:
1.01 the "DMDMK66 Stole my work" edition.
Rappel added and fixed some triggers.
Alterted some palettes and color masks
No source code update for this release until dmdmk66 either admit he stole my work or stops
Missile Bonus recolored and remasked, Buildings remasked/color, bonus numbers redone
New York Sonor scene redone, brown haired army guy is now a blonde haired navy guy
triple helicopter missile scene recolored and remasked. Buildings are grey instead of blue to contrast with the sky better
missile also had white area removed and turned red.
File is over here :
Vpin http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5569-godzilla-vpin/
real pin http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/5570-godzilla-realpin/

Godzilla.gifGodzilla.gif
#40 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

To be precise it is not the DMDMK66 edition it is the "Magic Editor Edition" which isn´t of any practical use.
So he only stole your work to use it on PC platform. He has a looooong way to go to use it on his DMDMK66 hardware.
Maybe even impossible for him to go it at all. I´m sure there is no need to be afraid.

I was just showing how a scene like the new york radar could have easily been colored different and that he took the lazy way; pretend the work shown was something he did and not something I did. Changing the uniform from army camo to navy camo was easy, just like giving the guy blonde hair instead of brown hair. I also updated a few other scenes with some more color "pop"

2 months later
#43 4 years ago

if you can provide a dump of it not working it'd speed up debugging. When I colored this game I didnt have access to a real pin I was coloring it based on the VPIN.

If you give me a list of everything that isnt working for you, I'll see what I can do to get it all working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-godzilla?tu=malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.