• Latest reply 4 years ago by Blindseer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pin with best short term replayability & pin w/ best long term replay”

(0 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Share your choice for pin for short term replay and long term replayability. These can be two separate pins.

By short term replayability, I mean the game that best delivers that "just one more game" factor. You start playing, an hour or so passes you've been playing the same pin over and over without getting bored.

By long term I mean a game that has lasting appeal, you can always come back to it, because you enjoy the fun experience, there might be many ways to play. It doesn't matter if you've gotten wizard mode, the game is always entertaining, and works as a a standing piece in a collection.

My choices:

Short-term replay: The Shadow - There are so many way to play the pin for scores, it's relentless but fair and I always feel like I'm just about there (completing the battlefield, making most of the modes, barreling through a vengeance chain)

Long-term replay: Attack from Mars - There is great flow, intuitive, somewhat relaxing but challenging, iconic, fun pin experience. Central target, many multiballs, great callouts, theme art. Whitewater would be a close second. I like how WH20 is really a ramp target game, intuitive, play the field, focus on and hit lit ramps, but there are opportunities to work the rules in different ways for a high score.

#2 5 years ago

AFM is the most fun game of all time, period.

There are deeper games, there are harder games and there are flashier games - but none more fun.

#4 5 years ago

Short term: WCS94. The flow & non-stop action is addictive.
Long term: Baywatch. Deep rule set, nice flow, & your sniper skills better be on point.

I love playing my friends AFM. It's the only pin I play in a line up that includes TAF, TZ, Congo, TSPP, & Taxi.

#5 5 years ago

Short & long term, one pin: Eight ball Deluxe

#6 5 years ago

Agreed, AFM is almost the perfect pinball machine - very approachable for non-pinheads and it's really funny and a blast to really wail on. Also considerably cheaper than MM for some reason.

#7 5 years ago

I prefer MM to AFM I think the castle is a better toy than the ship, plus I think Defending the Kingdom is harder than RTU....as always YMMV

#8 5 years ago

Short term: Iron Man

Long term: are you kidding TAF all day long!!!

#10 5 years ago

Im, bsd, twd, acdc are all great for short games and make you wanna cone back. Met, tz, acdc, twd are all very deep with lots of things to see even before wizard modes and have many different ways to approach them also. Im very happy with my current collection bc I have the best of both and dont see me changing it up much anymore.

#11 5 years ago

Short term, Iron man

Long term, Iron man (or MM)

#12 5 years ago

ST - AFM.... game is fast, short, and incredible.
LT - CV... the aesthetics of this game make it a beauty just to look at.

These are the two best pinball machines ever made. Anyone owning both would have a complete pinball collection in my eyes.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im, bsd, twd, acdc are all great for short games and make you wanna cone back. Met, tz, acdc, twd are all very deep with lots of things to see even before wizard modes and have many different ways to approach them also. Im very happy with my current collection bc I have the best of both and dont see me changing it up much anymore.

I would have to say modern Stern games for long term play with deep rules and difficult grand wizard modes. TZ is the only B/W pin I can think of that is similar. AFM is great fun but more short term imo. Most B/W are not too deep and just fun to play.c

#14 5 years ago

ST: I like Funhouse. Classic "easy to learn but hard to master" game. Mine also has a CC playfield so it plays pretty brutally compared to other ones I've played.

LT: STTNG. I may take a break from it but I always come back. Do you want to go to Final Frontier? Do you want to play or time out the modes? Do you want to rip the super spinner? Do you want to play Borg multiball? Maybe you want to rack up ramp millions. There are so many ways to play it that it never gets old for me.

#15 5 years ago

Looks like AFM is getting a few mentions!

#16 5 years ago

TWD short and long term, my favorite pin of all time.

Just picked up an Indy500 and I'll give it the short term replay factor. A blast to play

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TWD short and long term, my favorite pin of all time.

How is your WH2O on replay short and long term?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How is your WH2O on replay short and long term?

I'd say excellent long term replay factor.

Great fun factor. I need to focus on scoring in that game. Spend a few hours at a time on it.

Right now it's more of shooting for fun, insanity falls, whirlpool, mine, Boulder garden

That's the problem with having multiple pins, find the time to play them all!

#19 5 years ago

The thing with Indy500 is you are trying to complete 200 laps and win the race. When you don't, you want to hit that replay again to try and beat it!

That's a really great immersive pin. Awesome sound and call outs.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

AFM is the most fun game of all time, period.
There are deeper games, there are harder games and there are flashier games - but none more fun.

My all-time favorite. Multiball FLOW makes it so good. There's nothing worse than a multiball where you HAVE to cradle and try a shot at a time. Boring as hell (Transformers *cough* Transformers)

#21 5 years ago

Short Term: Creech

Long Term: TSPP

#22 5 years ago

6 of each!
Short Term: Whirlwind, Sorcerer, Taxi, T2, BSD, HS2
Long Term: LOTR, MM, TSPP, IJ, TWZ, STTNG

1 year later
#23 4 years ago

I'd disagree with Creature, the criteria to get multiball is too simple. And it's only a two ball game anyway? 'Slide' as an objective? It's just one saucer, seems a bit basic like when they were designing it, they ran out of ideas.

1 month later
#24 4 years ago

short term WCS94
long term TZ. TZ plays like a good board game where you need to maximize modes to multiballs.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside