(Topic ID: 9474)

Pin Values 2012

By gambit3113

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I just got a big order from Marco delivered, including my 2012 Mr. Pinball Price Guide. Wow. Name an A-List title, and it is up big. Up arrow trend across the board on the big names. From TAF to WH20 - they all indicate the highest level of value increase over last year.

#2 12 years ago

Can you post some? Like top 10?

#3 12 years ago

Omg! But them now! It's armageddon!

#4 12 years ago

I don't know how cool that it is to just post the prices. It is published material. I don't have a problem throwing a requested price out there if someone needs it, but I don't want to just post a big list and have someone get pissed.

#5 12 years ago

just tell them you guessed those prices.. and happened to guess them like a published work.

#6 12 years ago

I would then guess that MM is now up to $8475 and TZ at $4175.

#7 12 years ago

You'd think so by reading some of the wacky opinions on this forum, but it's not. TZ in 2011 booked at $3,300. I won't give the 2012 book value but I promise it's nowhere near $4,175.

Quoted from gambit3113:

I would then guess that MM is now up to $8475 and TZ at $4175.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I won't give the 2012 book value but I promise it's nowhere near $4,175.

Ummmm....I am sitting with the book right in front of me.

Page 41......2012 Value for Twilight Zone = $4175

#9 12 years ago

What would you guess a ToM is like these days?

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

What would you guess a ToM is like these days?

The Pinside price estimate says $3140 - $3660. I would guess that Mr. Pinball is about $40 higher than the top end of the Pinside price range.

#11 12 years ago

Yup, I screwed up and looked at the wrong game.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Page 41......2012 Value for Twilight Zone = $4175

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I won't give the 2012 book value but I promise it's nowhere near $4,175.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Yup, I screwed up and looked at the wrong game.

That said, it was a huge jump for TZ. I couldn't believe that one, in particular. It looks like this guide is getting more in line with what we are actually seeing some A List machines going for. There are always rumors and grumbles about $6500 MMs, but I haven't seen one below $8500 in a year. The guide reflects that now.

#14 12 years ago

I don't really care what Gambit does with his info. Having said that, I would't put TOO much pressure on him. He did, after all, pay for this information.

Now....what would you guess WH2O is up to any year after 2011???

#15 12 years ago

i wonder what bsd & jd are worth nowadays..

#16 12 years ago

I've got 2010 and 2009 - maybe you can post prices for some of B-listers - those to me are more indicative than the A-listers of where prices are going:

FT
    WW
    JD
    BSD
    STTNG
    RFM
    T2
    W?D
    TSPP
    SMB

?

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I don't really care what Gambit does with his info. Having said that, I would't put TOO much pressure on him. He did, after all, pay for this information.

I don't care about that, at all. It's more that I don't want to piss off anyone trying to sell more of these guides.

That said, there has been some healthy discussion of WH20 around here today, and I believe that its value is relevant. $2200 - which is an increase of at least $200 over last year's value (that is the only info I have about the Trend over last year, as I didn't buy it in 2011).

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Thanks Gambit. You rock!

No problem. Stuff is up pretty much across the board, no?

#20 12 years ago

This is one things I've never understood. Price / Value. I always thought it was up to the consumer purchasing prices. I don't know about you guys, but things haven't been selling very well around here for a long time. Even with discounted machines. I think the price guides are nice, but no where near real market values. It's sad but true.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That said, there has been some healthy discussion of WH20 around here today, and I believe that its value is relevant. $2200

Really? That seems low. I feel like people are always asking near $3K these days for one of those. Good info.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from All_Hail_Ming:

I think the price guides are nice, but no where near real market values. It's sad but true.

Well the reason I think guides like that fall a bit short is because different locations vary greatly in how much you can expect to pay for a pin. So while it is good info to have in determining what you should pay it would be short sighted to rely on that alone. Although, it may be a good tool to negotiate price with though. Like if you show it to the buyer or seller to demonstrate why you are at the price you are at.

#23 12 years ago

All of those prices seem to be about spot on around here. Well, I think the guide is still low on a few titles - most notably MB, AFM and WH20.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

All of those prices seem to be about spot on around here. Well, I think the guide is still low on a few titles - most notably MB, AFM and WH20.

Interesting. Now I'm really wanting to know what those list for! LOL

#25 12 years ago

MB - $5925
    AFM - $4750
    WH20 - 2200

I think all three of those titles go for more money, in nice condition. MB is hitting $7500, AFM is easily at $6000, and WH20 is above $2500 - approaching $3K. At least, from what I have seen lately. I would love to have a MB in good shape for $5925. I wouldn't even make a counter offer if someone offered me $4750 for AFM.

#26 12 years ago

6k MB is going to have wear, but I can see it.

4750 for a decent AFM is doable.

Wh20 would be unrestored, but its doable. over 2500 and it better have some new parts on it.

Sorry, but I am not drinking the Pinside its worth more koolaid today. Most of the guys saying what things are worth don't shop around. Its the gotta have it today mentality that means you pay more. If you sit and wait you get much much better deals. Granted 1k AFM's are going to be something you talk about for years, but 4k-4500 afms are still around.

#27 12 years ago

The guide values aren't for "decent" or "unrestored" games. There are guidelines to multiple by .50 or .75, etc....if the machine is not in great condition. An unrestored MB is not worth $5925, according to the guide.

....and there are not 4K AFMs around. Not in good shape, at least. I can show you two that were listed today for over $6K, one of which is generating a lot of positive response on RGP and will be sold by tomorrow. can you show me any for $4000?

#28 12 years ago

I have a guide from 1995. Shall we?

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

MB - $5925
    AFM - $4750
    WH20 - 2200

Prices have gone up. You can get a good deal on these, but you have to be lucky, and be on top of things. Last year at this time an AFM sold for 3600 in Utah. Gone within minutes. I picked up mine last year in January for a very nice price + bunch of other equipment. Was posted on CL. Catch was had to take other equipment and everybody just wanted the AFM. He was adamant about it being all or nothing.

Those are exception to the rule and were under priced as there were multiple, multiple offers within a extremely short period of time after the posting. That does not mean that is going rate.

In other words, yes you can find deals, but they are difficult especially if you have a job and aren't near a computer. Almost impossible if your not near a metropolitan area.

That's why Bryan Kelly's find makes for a great story.

Still believe there are lots of good deals out there if your not looking for "A" theme. People will be writing posts soon asking when did Shadow, Congo, DH, or BSD become 2300 dollar pins?

#30 12 years ago

what condition is assumed with these prices? I wish they had a 1-5 scale like the old car price guides do.

#31 12 years ago

kinda wondering how much bride of pinbot is going for in your book? i might try and red paperclip it into a mm. lol.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I have a guide from 1995. Shall we?

Yes please - line up the usual suspects - it will make grown men cry I'm sure!

#33 12 years ago

To me price guides aren't very good, we know prices went up across the board!

But kind of cool to look at...like my vintage hoops collection....PSA not very realistic

I use Pinpedia, a great site, that tracks auctions/sales price results and pending auctions for every machine

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

4750 for a decent AFM is doable.

wouldn't last more than an hour anywhere on craigslist at that price.

If you have one at that price, I'll take three right now.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I use Pinpedia, a great site, that tracks auctions/sales price results and pending auctions for every machine

They have TAF listed as $2500-3900. Funhouse $900-2600. How useless is that? What a joke.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

They have TAF listed as $2500-3900. Funhouse $900-2600. How useless is that? What a joke.

What's wrong with those prices? I've seen those two games sell in those price ranges. I wouldn't call it useless, sure if you're a pinhead you might have a more spot on idea of prices but not everyone is obsessed as we are.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinb0t:

davewth said:

What's wrong with those prices?

It's too wide of a range

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

pinb0t said:davewth said:
    What's wrong with those prices?
    It's too wide of a range

you have to click on machine statistics to get a better average. It will have an overall average of prices and only the last years average pricing.
    for TAF its 2,887 overall and 3,558 over the last year.
    for FH its 1,754 overall and 1,746 over the last year.

#39 12 years ago

Prices seem to vary dramatically place to place, as well as off course by condition. If an A list sold on craig's list in your area a day earlier, that might have effected value. One thing I can't get past is figuring out which E-bay sales are real and which are shills.... Although I figure it out once the "sold" machine pops up a few days later, from the same owner who supposedly sold it. Trying to make a market I guess...

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

but 4k-4500 afms are still around.

Show me one.

#42 12 years ago

Funhouse in 1995? $1350

Harley Davidson? $2100

WH20? $2100

Taxi? $800

Banzai Run? $700

Party Zone? $1450

Rolling Stones (SS)? $650

Gilligan's? $1350

Fathom? $800

EBD? $600

CFTBL? $1900

Black Rose? $1700

EATPM? $1150

TAF? $2100

...and Gottlieb Spirit? $300

These were all off the top of my head. All prices in "#1" condition.

#43 12 years ago

Depends on the build year - from $3275 (2003) to $3975 (2009)

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Funhouse in 1995? $1350
    Harley Davidson? $2100
    WH20? $2100
    Taxi? $800
    Banzai Run? $700
    Party Zone? $1450
    Rolling Stones (SS)? $650
    Gilligan's? $1350
    Fathom? $800
    EBD? $600
    CFTBL? $1900
    Black Rose? $1700
    EATPM? $1150
    TAF? $2100
    ...and Gottlieb Spirit? $300
    These were all off the top of my head. All prices in "#1" condition.

Inflation would add almost 50% to these prices. Interesting.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Winball_Pizard said:What about TSPP?
    Depends on the build year - from $3275 (2003) to $3975 (2009)

Awesome thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-values-2012 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.