• Latest reply 10 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pin_Up.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I went to my friend's place over the weekend and saw this. Story goes he was working in his shop...heard a pop... and then it sounded like a box of Legos being emptied out. Ouch! The machine hadn't been moved in years and nothing was going on near it. Just a spontaneous explosion. So he's looking for a replacement.... obviously. Located in SE WI. I'll pass along any leads. Thanks

Edit: Did they use tempered glass for bg's in the 70's?

Pin_Up.jpgPin_Up.jpg

#2 10 years ago

OUCH! ...that's scary if it just imploded by itself.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I went to my friend's place over the weekend and saw this. Story goes he was working in his shop...heard a pop... and then it sounded like a box of Legos being emptied out. Ouch! The machine hadn't been moved in years and nothing was going on near it. Just a spontaneous explosion. So he's looking for a replacement.... obviously. Located in SE WI. I'll pass along any leads. Thanks
Edit: Did they use tempered glass for bg's in the 70's?

Good Luck!! No repros for that.

#4 10 years ago

Not tempered. Paint probably held it together some.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-up-backglass-anyone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.