5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by djblouw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180719_174147 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Anyone have an idea on this? Going to be really close. I measured and I got about 28" game folded, which is the exact opening. I'm reading previous posts that say it's closer to 30 - which of course would not fit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

We were just looking at 4 newer Jeeps - Compass, Renegade, Patriot, and Cherokee. I think we researched that the Compass and Patriot were about 27.75" and 28.5", but I forget which model was which.

In order to get most games to fit, I believe you need 31" of clearance, and none of the models had that, maybe except the Renegade but that car lost in the other criteria.

Furthermore, since some games have a lip at the trunk and the roof that's not perfectly over the lip, you may need another inch or two because your game is different heights at different locations. We ended up going with the Cherokee, and are living with the fact that we either need a trailer or will have to remove the heads.

#3 5 years ago

They fit in my Patriot. I pull the head off though.

#4 5 years ago

I went with the Grand Cherokee. Got the Trailhawk edition because I've owed a lot of trail Jeeps and couldn't resist. I read online that pins wouldn't fit in the standard Cherokees. So I imagine they wouldn't fit in the smaller Compass. Just picked up a week ago, so still pumped about it and I have to share a picture.

20180719_174147 (resized).jpg20180719_174147 (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago
    Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I went with the Grand Cherokee. Got the Trailhawk edition because I've owed a lot of trail Jeeps and couldn't resist. I read online that pins wouldn't fit in the standard Cherokees. So I imagine they wouldn't fit in the smaller Compass. Just picked up a week ago, so still pumped about it and I have to share a picture.[quoted image]

Not buying this. I have personally transported several pins including sys 11's in my Patriot. It takes 10 min to pull a head. Can't see how it wouldn't fit in a Cherokee.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Not buying this. I have personally transported several pins including sys 11's in my Patriot. It takes 10 min to pull a head. Can't see how it wouldn't fit in a Cherokee.

Depends on the year. an 84 to 01 Cherokee yes. I've owed a few. 14 and up Cherokee....Not so sure. I could be wrong.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Depends on the year. an 84 to 01 Cherokee yes. I've owed a few. 14 and up Cherokee....Not so sure. I could be wrong.

Head on: No way.
    Head off: No problem.

Same thing goes for the compass--you're going to have to take the head off to get it to fit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-system-11-in-2017-jeep-compass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.