Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bobukcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

blinded-by-light-gif-7.gif
    #1 5 years ago

Hi Pinheads. Wanna hear your thoughts about Pin Stadium. I had Pin Stadium on my old pinball. And loved it. It was there when I bought it. Now I will get a JJP POTC LE next week new I box . I will see first if I think I need it or not. Now I would like to know your thoughts about Pin Stadium. U like it? Is it worth it? Anything.

#2 5 years ago

I just played PoTC LE and didn't think it needed more light. That being said, I bet it looks awesome!

#3 5 years ago

There's a pretty big thread on Pin Stadium here, which contains a lot of before/after pictures. Check out the gallery at the top of the thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement

Me, I have Pin Stadium in my LotR and it's a day and night difference, especially next to my Hobbit with its bright LED lights.

That said, I'm not sure how much it will do in a JJP Pirates since that's already a pretty nicely lit modern game. Maybe someone tried it and can post a before/after pic?

#4 5 years ago

If you've had Pinstadium's on a game and "loved it", seems like you have all the data you need...

I only have one JJP game...DILE w/PS and they look great. I love the way they remove glare.

The modern Stern's seem to benefit the most, since Stern has reduced/removed spot lights for GI.

#5 5 years ago

I'll assume that you are asking for honest opinions on the product rather than starting yet another thread to market it. There are a few games that are probably too dark in their stock versions that it looks good in (WOZ, BM66), but there are other cheaper ways to add lighting (like using spot lights) where it is needed that don't interfere with lifting the play field or reflect of ramps and plastics near the edges of the playfield. I personally think JJPOTC looks fine without additional lights and bright lighting will wash out some effects like the fire in the lanterns.

There was a time when this product was constantly marketed for every game, in every thread, new threads, multiple podcasts, etc. that gave it an "infomercial" vibe and caused some of us to sour on it. For me the main issue with the product is that it ruins the ambiance of some games that should be darker (e.g. Tron, ACNC), and the reflection off plastic and metal parts near the edges of the playfield can be distracting.

#6 5 years ago

Just played my friends JJPPOTC last night with Pinstadium. You need to get it. No question.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

There was a time when this product was constantly marketed for every game, in every thread, new threads, multiple podcasts, etc. that gave it an "infomercial" vibe and caused some of us to sour on it.

And still is.... see above.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

And still is.... see above.

And it appears now we can look forward to them being endlessly spammed in every PAPA video in all of their awful candy striped shittiness. I can't stand them.

#9 5 years ago

Hmmm... another new poster "asking" about info about pinstadiums? If you really want opinions, here's mine: they are overpriced and they look like garbage...

#11 5 years ago

wasn't this already closed?

#12 5 years ago

O joy... another pinstadium thread.....

#13 5 years ago

Why is this thread allowed?

Edit: I’ve never purchased Pinstadiums. Is there something in the packaging that encourages owners to promote them ad nauseam? I never see this with any other products.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Why is this thread allowed?
    Edit: I’ve never purchased Pinstadiums. Is there something in the packaging that encourages owners to promote them ad nauseam? I never see this with any other products.

Why would it not be allowed? It's relevant to pinball and doesn't violate any of the site's rules? If you don't like them and don't want to read about them don't click on a post that has them listed in the title. I can't think of a single other Pinball product that is as polarizing as these are, it's weird how some people react to the mere mention of them.

#15 5 years ago

Maybe allowed was the wrong word to use. I would have used unnecessary, being if the OP would have done a search he would have found a bunch of these threads already, as hAbO showed in post 10.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Why would it not be allowed? It's relevant to pinball and doesn't violate any of the site's rules? If you don't like them and don't want to read about them don't click on a post that has them listed in the title. I can't think of a single other Pinball product that is as polarizing as these are, it's weird how some people react to the mere mention of them.

Because it’s akin to spam.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Because it’s akin to spam.

No it's not, it's a new member posting about something that has been covered many times in other threads. This happens regularly and if it were about ColoDMD or some other topic people would let it slide. The way I see it is you have three options when this happens; you can suspect he's somehow a shill or a fake account to promote a product, you can ignore it entirely or you can "Be Nice!" and inform them they should use the search feature and post in one of the many threads that already exist on the topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-stadium?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.