4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Has anyone ever put a set of Pin Stadium lights underneath the cabinet? I am considering adding a set under the cabinet to a new MBR LE. Would love to see a video of any machine with them mounted underneath.

Thanks in advance.

#pinstadium

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flasher:

Has anyone ever put a set of Pin Stadium lights underneath the cabinet? I am considering adding a set under the cabinet to a new MBR LE. Would love to see a video of any machine with them mounted underneath.
    Thanks in advance.
    #pinstadium

If you mean crushed under a game, that's a good idea.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flasher:

Thanks in advance.
    #pinstadium

You can Tie in 12v strips, COBS, etc to any 12V flashers.
    Comet has Plug and play splitters in Matrix.
    You can also use 6.3V to tap into GI for effects. Flashing inserts, etc.

Under $10 a line.....

COBs are my favorite....Small Square....Plenty of light.
    You can also mount behind back box, ot use for topper effects.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can Tie in 12v strips, COBS, etc to any 12V flashers.
    Comet has Plug and play splitters in Matrix.
    You can also use 6.3V to tap into GI for effects. Flashing inserts, etc.
    Under $10 a line.....
    COBs are my favorite....Small Square....Plenty of light.
    You can also mount behind back box, ot use for topper effects.

Not so easy in MBRLE. There are no sockets, matrix won’t fit. We offer undercab lights for the remakes that mimic the light pattern of the speaker lights, and there are other undercab mods, like from Rock @rock914. If you put pinstadium underneath, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, you’d just have to remove them when/if you transport the game. PS is pretty expensive for undercab given these other options.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-sele-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Not so easy in MBRLE. There are no sockets, matrix won’t fit. We offer undercab lights for the remakes that mimic the light pattern of the speaker lights, and there are other undercab mods, like from Rock rock914. If you put pinstadium underneath, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, you’d just have to remove them when/if you transport the game. PS is pretty expensive for undercab given these other options.
    https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-sele-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

My apologies...I havent opened one to see that there are no Flasher Bulbs or GI that are replaceable.
    In lieu of that this solution is best.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations, you guys. I’ll check out some of the other options.

I would like the best of both worlds on the MBRLE where the undercab light color would be synchronized with the playfield GI color changes as well and have something connected to a flasher.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flasher:

I would like the best of both worlds on the MBRLE where the undercab light color would be synchronized with the playfield GI color changes

I don’t think there’s an option out there that will do this. I could be wrong though.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think there’s an option out there that will do this. I could be wrong though.

We have it for the trough, but from a power perspective, I’d be concerned about doing it for undercab in long lengths, like 4 feet. I’d guess the boards wouldn’t be able to handle it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We have it for the trough, but from a power perspective, I’d be concerned about doing it for undercab in long lengths, like 4 feet. I’d guess the boards wouldn’t be able to handle it.

How would your kit know what color the GI is doing and follow that? Sounds like an awesome feature.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How would your kit know what color the GI is doing and follow that? Sounds like an awesome feature.

We have wired it into the game connectors to function that way, plug and play I thought most people knew about it, but I guess not. Here a link to our product page, there’s a short video showing it. Whenever the gi changes color, the trough light changes to the same color.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit-sele

If someone wants me to wire them one up for the undercabinet, happy to do that, but I can’t be responsible if it causes any issues. I think it might be too much for the circuit to handle.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-stadium-lights-under-the-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.