(Topic ID: 209641)

Pin sliding/moving in large vehicle fix...

By SDTMinSTL

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Yoga Mats. That's the quick version.

Let me explain. My 9 year old son and I had a father/son trip several states away to look at and possibly purchase a couple of pins. We rented a mini-van (Dodge Caravan) just in case we decided to bring one or more home. The mini van lacked good hooks or ideal places to secure the pins and I worried that during a panic stop, we would have a really bad day/trip.

I "borrowed" my wife's yoga mat, and it worked like a charm. I still secured the pin (as best I could), but while sitting on the mat, it would not budge. If you combine this with the 2ft pre cut PVC pipe at your local big box hardware store to roll it in, it is a match made in heaven. I wish I had a cargo van, but until then, anytime I have a pin that needs to sit on vehicle carpet, I will be using a yoga mat. I even bought my own now, so the wife won't flip out. They are $7 at time of posting at Wal-Mart. Perfect size. In fact, I bought two more to line my trunk to keep stuff from sliding around even when I am not hauling pins.

Just thought I would share. I was amazed how well it worked, and how cheap it was. Hope it helps someone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-slidingmoving-in-large-vehicle-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.