Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a Williams 1978 World Cup. The MPU has had the 40 pins on the inter connector replaced. I would like to replace the 40 female connectors on the driver board. Has anyone don this, and how hard is it to do? What tools will I need? Anyplace I can read up on this or see a video.

Kickout

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

I would like to replace the 40 female connectors on the driver board.

If you've never done board work before. Practice on old boards before moving onto valuable ones.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

I have a Williams 1978 World Cup. The MPU has had the 40 pins on the inter connector replaced. I would like to replace the 40 female connectors on the driver board. Has anyone don this, and how hard is it to do? What tools will I need? Anyplace I can read up on this or see a video.
Kickout

It's hard, but not impossible. As Lloyd said, practice on something board you can destroy first. If you mangle the World Cup MPU boards, it may not be salvageable. You can also send it to Coin-op Cauldron or one of the other people who work on boards. Might cost you $100

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside