New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277528)

Pin Pricing - JJP, CGC, Stern - Taxes & Freight??

By laclipps

42 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 42 days ago

Is there MAP pricing on all New Pinball machines from distributors? Do they offer free freight delivery and is tax included? I just want to know if it it worth shopping around and checking with different distributors to see if one can offer a better deal.

Thanks,
    B

#3 42 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No.
    LTG : )

To the point

#5 42 days ago

You have to call around to check prices. Remember to use the search feature on pinside for similar topics

#6 42 days ago

Distributors make peanuts off these games so don't expect much of a difference in price.

#7 42 days ago

People can correct me if I'm wrong but "tax included" is an issue relevant to state law. I think what many pinsiders do is purchase a game out of state and have it shipped to them. The distributor does not charge taxes because he/she is not legally required to collect them on behalf of the purchaser's home state. Then the purchaser is supposed to report the purchase to their home state and pay sales tax that way. I'm guessing many people accidentally forget to do so at the end of the year.

If you buy a game in person or from a distributor who is required to withhold sales taxes from someone from your state (for whatever reason) then taxes are added onto the purchase price.

In theory a distributor could offer you a "discount" equal to the sales tax to make it "seem" like you aren't paying them but you technically would be.

Efforts have recently been made to change laws to make it more of a requirement for vendors to withhold taxes from different states. I'm not up on those changes/updates so maybe others on here are more familiar with this issue.

#8 42 days ago

Sorry for the double post - but the last thing I want to say is... while price does matter I also feel doing business with a trusted distributor is key. If I am going to trust someone with $5k-$8k of my money (cash) I want to know they won't go bankrupt or run off with my money/deposit. Sure you can use a credit card but that adds a few hundred to a transaction. I do business with a major distributor on here that I trust and I like saving a few hundred on CC fees. If the guy charges $100 more for a new game than the newest (unknown) distributor you have to balance that savings versus security.

An important consideration in my opinion.

#9 42 days ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I also feel doing business with a trusted distributor is key.

And one who is there for you before, during, and after the sale. For questions or problems.

After the sale if you have an issue and they blow you off to the manufacture. What is that worth to you ? Will they go to bat for you ?

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.95
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rocket City Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 28.95
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Led
    Professor Pinball
    $ 899.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside