Topic poll

“Which Would You Choose”

• Demolition Man 9 votes
    39%
  • No Fear 14 votes
    61%

(23 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Time for the next pin. We've already got a Pat Lawler "stop and go" in Road Show and are looking for our next pin in the $2000 to $2500 range. Currently we're most interested in either Demolition Man or No Fear. Which would you choose? I'm sure there are plenty of opinions out there so let's here them. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

I have both and would say you can't lose with either. ( I voted for DM)

#3 9 years ago

hahahhahah....IT NEVER STOPS!!! Pin 3 is coming soon

Demo man has some "depth" while no fear you could beat in a month or two. Soooo do you want fast brutal flow, NF; or the stop/go w/ some flow and modes DM.

idk. I'd say NF, so you have something different and it is pretty fun. It just can't be your only pin. Once you can get good at it, you'll get bored. But if it isn't your only pin, you should be good.

#4 9 years ago

If you want to switch things up, No Fear is a great choice. Different from Road Show in a lot of ways -- flow, non-widebody, agressive theme, music, art.

DM is a pretty fast-playing widebody, so it's not a bad choice. But No Fear sounds more like what you're looking for.

#6 9 years ago

Demo Man would be my choice its a heap of fun, but No Fear is super fast and my opinion makes you a better player, either way your not going to go wrong!!!

#7 9 years ago

Demo Man kind of blows. I'd take No Fear in that choice but it's not the best game either.

For that money you'd be much better off with Jackbot, WCS, Whirlwind, something like that.

Demo Man has lots of things that place it below its siblings from the same era...the rules are terrible, and the whole game comes off as half-baked. You get the idea that they ran out of time and/or money and at some point just pulled the rip cord on the project and shoved it out the door.

Everyone knows about the claw - makes sense only to lock balls so that whole thing (the game's main toy) is wasted, as is a bunch of the programming that you'll never see cause there's no point to picking anything besides Cryo-Lock. (I mean, everyone does it ONCE to see the "wizard mode" but after you experience that fairly unspectacular production you just go back to picking Lock every time).

This is where people chime in with "disable the claw!!!' Uh yeah, that's a good solution I guess. Or I could just get a better game.

The entire left third of the widebody playfield - and thats a lot of real estate - is wasted because of the lame software. There's no reason to shoot either of those cool shots - the eyeball or car. Why weren't one of those shots a Super Jackpot or something?

The game also has pretty bad art all-around. The sound and dots package is ok but who really has a hard-on for Demo Man? Fun enough to watch 20 minutes of when flipping past TBS but this is hardly a timeless classic.

Some shots are satisfying, the ramps are cool, multiball and combos are fun, but this one just doesn't stand up compared to the other high-quality games W/B was putting out at the time.

Yeah, even No Fear. Its simpler but the rules are better. You can time out modes but it's tempting to go for points - it's a fast game, the upper jump shot is fun, the sound and art package is pretty good. It's not the toughest game in the world but probably a good complement to Road Show which is totally different. The flow on No Fear is also better - for a game with all those ramps DM is actually pretty stop and go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 72.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-number-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.