(Topic ID: 300906)

Pin Map Call to Action

By dtrimberger

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtrimberger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I suspect all of Pinside does this but whenever my family wants to head out for dinner or the wife and I go out for drinks I double check the Pinball Map app and the Pinside Pin Map for locations with pins that I can slyly suggest for us to head to.

Here in Portland many of the locations haven't been updated in several years (10 in some cases). The pandemic seems to have made that even worse as many locations have lost or moved their pins.

I'm asking all of Pinside to help update the app and Pin map whenever you're in the wild, it may help some of our favorite locations get back up to speed.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I think the issue is ... there's several sites that provide this info but most importantly all rely on people updating said sites.

meSz Any idea which is the most popular? I've only used the 2 in my original post.

#8 2 years ago

This is may be obvious but where’s the option under edit location to delete a location entirely here on pin map? I can’t seem to find that option, several locations around me that are gone but pins are listed. I can edit machines down to zero but that’s it.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raedwald:

You can also change the status of a location to 'closed/demolished/shadow realmed/whatever' but what effect that has on a listing I have no idea - it doesn't help when a place that used to have a table just got rid of them rather than closing up shop completely
    [quoted image]

That was helpful, I hadn't noticed that pulldown tab. So there are two locations right next to my house that I know for sure do not exist anymore and so I tried both permanently closed and totally gone as a option. Neither seems to have completely gotten rid of the location. They just show up as 0 machines.

Hard to compete with all the other pinball news but I'm on a quest to get the maps and apps up to date.

Not sure if there if there even is a mod to ask about this, it would be nice that if a location hasn't been confirmed for awhile it comes up as yellow or red on the map so someone locally could scout it out.

4 weeks later
    #16 2 years ago

What's everyone's method for alerting the operator when a machine has a issue and there isn't a obvious label for who's operating the machine? Leave a note with the bartender?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtrimberger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-map-call-to-action?tu=dtrimberger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.