Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by elfyhead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

There was a recent topic on an arcade that mentioned many of the tables were not level. I was at the same arcade a few months prior and did not notice this as much as the OP. That got me to thinking

I had leveled and degreed my tables when I first placed them--but maybe things change (especially so in an arcade, I'd imagine). Sure enough, three out of four tables I checked had to be re-leveled. They were not off a lot, but certainly enough to alter the path of the ball. Might be worth checking this every few months if you want your tables to be spot-on.

#2 10 years ago

The Best way to Level yr Pin after using a Torpedo level is to have the Glass off , place a Pinball in the Very center at the Furtherest open place on the p/f near the Top .. Let the ball go , if it hits the Rt- flip ,, raise the Rt- side -- Vise versa ,,,

Do this until each ball goes Strait thru the Flipper's .. Work's For alot of PinHead's that i know...

#3 10 years ago

I go around and check them about once a month. And about once every three months, plug an outlet checker into the service outlet in the game to check that it and the wall outlet are working right.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Best way to Level yr Pin after using a Torpedo level is to have the Glass off , place a Pinball in the Very center at the Furtherest open place on the p/f near the Top .. Let the ball go , if it hits the Rt- flip ,, raise the Rt- side -- Vise versa ,,,
    Do this until each ball goes Strait thru the Flipper's .. Work's For alot of PinHead's that i know...

Kinda like a rollin' plumb bob!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thats what I do, and the ball goes straight down the middle. The odd thing is my level bubble will b off but the ball rolls straight. Dont know, but just play and not worruy about it. PF probably warped but play is good! What else could it be?

#6 10 years ago

I use an app on my android. It even tells me the °. The owner prefers them to be set much higher than 6° for his EMs though.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I use an app on my android. It even tells me the °. The owner prefers them to be set much higher than 6° for his EMs though.

i didn't think those were particularly accurate. something like 0.5 degree or so...

#8 10 years ago

So far I've had good luck with it.

You just need to make sure your phone has a flat back on it.

If you're camera protrudes out, the phone wont lay flat.

I can heven turn my phone on it's side, and get a reading that way. You, know to get the back levelled were the top 3 rollovers are usually located.

#9 10 years ago

Checked the iPhone at Pinball Circus against a Craftsman level and they matched. My Nexus 4 is spot on as well. Very handy.

#10 10 years ago

Now we just need a way to order parts from our phones! Oh....wait....

#11 10 years ago

My galaxy s3 is spot on using inclinometer. You have to make sure and calibrate it with a level before using it the first time and it'll be spot on.

#12 10 years ago

OK - good to know! .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-levelling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.