Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dooskie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Ever hurt your hand playing pinball?”

• Yes 21 votes
      68%
    • No 10 votes
      32%

(31 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1474163296941.jpg
    IMG_1688 (resized).JPG
    image.jpeg

#1 5 years ago

So this is a crazy question. We got our first pin three weeks ago and now my right hand hurts, esp. when I use the fingers that are my go-to's for pinball. This makes me wonder whether others get pinball stress injuries.

Anyone?

I'm guessing I just get too excited LOL

#2 5 years ago

once in a while.

#3 5 years ago

Drop a playfield on your hand and this happens.

image.jpeg

#4 5 years ago

Pinjuries

#5 5 years ago

My husband's ring knuckles once swelled up from slapping the cabinet too hard.

#6 5 years ago

I've definitely hurt my hand/finger several times slapping the cab too hard trying to save a ball or just out of frustration.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

My face once swelled up from my Mrs slapping it too hard.

#8 5 years ago

Like anything... if you suddenly do it a lot more than your body is used to you can stress it... I've had the same as you describe when I played pinball for typically about 30-60 minutes a day to going to a show and playing for 5-6 hours...

I imagine carpal tunnel is also possible (but I'm not a doctor).

Other than that I've had injuries from a sharp lock-down bar cutting me, blisters on my thumbs... and a very sore wrist (from successfully and repeatedly using bang backs on a twilight zone)

#9 5 years ago

From moving machines, yes. It doesn't help that I own a STTNG, one of the heaviest wide bodies out there. Never from playing one...

#10 5 years ago

Sometimes I get cut on a metal lockdown bar making a strong nudge. Happened on Williams machines.

#11 5 years ago

Sometimes I get a headache after logging on to Pinside.

#12 5 years ago

I'm tall, and location games usually aren't at their highest position. I tend to lean on the machines as a result and make my wrists sore. At least at home I can put them in the highest position.

#13 5 years ago

I left the plumb bob out on gble, so i can nudge the machine 2 inches(yes gb can be frustrating) and i woke up with a swollen ring knuckle,i beat the shit out of the thing.
    It lingered on for 4 days!?
    Major pinjury!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Ouch

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from tiesmasc:

Like anything... if you suddenly do it a lot more than your body is used to you can stress it... I've had the same as you describe when I played pinball for typically about 30-60 minutes a day to going to a show and playing for 5-6 hours...
    I imagine carpal tunnel is also possible (but I'm not a doctor).
    Other than that I've had injuries from a sharp lock-down bar cutting me, blisters on my thumbs... and a very sore wrist (from successfully and repeatedly using bang backs on a twilight zone)

That's exactly what happened to me. Haha "pinjury" did you make that up Darkwing or is that a thing?

#16 5 years ago

1st thing that popped into my head! : )

#17 5 years ago

Right after I purchased my first five pinball machines in 1992, I had been playing them so much that I developed 'tennis elbow' in my right elbow. It got to hurting so bad that I had to go to the doctor. He gave me a cortisone shot and asked what I had been doing. I told him about the pinball machines. He looked at me like, 'sure.' I've always wondered if he thought I hurt my elbow doing something else.

#19 5 years ago

battle scar from when I swapped out a FT playfield

IMG_1688 (resized).JPG

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Right after I purchased my first five pinball machines in 1992, I had been playing them so much that I developed 'tennis elbow' in my right elbow. It got to hurting so bad that I had to go to the doctor. He gave me a cortisone shot and asked what I had been doing. I told him about the pinball machines. He looked at me like, 'sure.' I've always wondered if he thought I hurt my elbow doing something else.

I hurt my elbow moving my imaginary King Kong

#21 5 years ago

Polishing a metal Lane guide on the weekend
    The wheel snatched it out of my hand, hit the wall, rebounded and hit me
    I was wearing safety goggles , need to wear a hard hat

FB_IMG_1474163296941.jpg

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I hurt my elbow moving my imaginary King Kong

Love you too.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside