(Topic ID: 156135)

Pin in an apartment?

By jonesjb

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image_(resized).png
    gwbed_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 8 years ago

It's all about your specific neighbors. If they have already complained about noise, you're probably in for some more trouble.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

I know this topic is mentioned a lot and I'm glad here's another. I live in a newer condo with neighbors directly above me. I believe it's poorly insulated as I can hear every damn step they take. I'm on the ground floor with 9 ft ceilings in a carpeted room and am wondering how much they can hear from my machine. My play window is 12pm to 8pm including weekends. Does most sound from a pin travel down the legs? I want to enjoy my hobby but refuse to ever be a nuisance to my neighbors. Thanks for your opinions.

At my house, my games are basically right below our master bedroom. If I'm playing pinball and you go into our bedroom, it sounds like I'm playing in the bedroom. Now I have an unfinished basement so nothing really to muffle the sound, but if you're playing with the volume up a bit, I bet your neighbors can hear you easily especially if you can hear them walking around. I suggest talking with them about it and come to an agreement of when you're going to play. I think 12-8 is more than reasonable, but you never know what you're neighbors are going to be like.

I lived next to someone in a condo complex and there was one shared wall. I had the cops called on me multiple times because she said her walls were shaking. When the cops showed up (both times), I was asleep and the tv was on very low. The cops thought they had the wrong house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-in-an-apartment?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.