Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by atpcfiaim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2010-GMC-Savana-Cargo-Van-15377522-637.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Looking at possibly getting a different vehicle. I currently have a hardtop convertible and have to borrow a pickup every time I haul pins. I want my next car to be able to haul pins but would still like something fun. So I was thinking, would a a Jeep Wrangler (either two door or four door) hold pins? I'm open to just about anything but I would probably want it to be able to tow and it would probably have to be used. Also would like it to be a 4WD as winters in PA occasionally get nasty. Really would like to stay around $15,000 or less. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Derek

#2 9 years ago

Ford escape
    Honda element
    Scion xb
    Subaru forester

I thought someone said a four door wrangler could fit a pin but that needs to be confirmed. There's a thread about pin cars but idk where... Searching on the iPad sucks or I'd find it for ya

#3 9 years ago

2010-GMC-Savana-Cargo-Van-15377522-637.jpg2010-GMC-Savana-Cargo-Van-15377522-637.jpg

#4 9 years ago

I just got a 2011 Honda Fit and LOVE IT. I hear pins fit perfect, but so far I picked up a R-Type and Tempest and they both fit. The R-Type was sticking out a bit so couldn't close the hatch but Tempest just barely fit!

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

2010-GMC-Savana-Cargo-Van-153775... 20 KB

Also great for giving away free candy/hugs

#6 9 years ago

Truthfully a stow and go minivan... I call them climate controlled pin haulers... I always rent them... Fit two pins.

Or

I pick up truck with extended bed and that back can for the bed

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

2010-GMC-Savana-Cargo-Van-153775... 20 KB

Sweet van bro!

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I thought someone said a four door wrangler could fit a pin but that needs to be confirmed.

Can anyone confirm this? That's what I'm most interested in... I appreciate all the suggestions!!

#9 9 years ago

It would fit in a 4 door wrangler...don't do what I did one time and go to pick it up with the wrangler with the hard top on, with the soft top folded up under the hard top (how it's stored). But it definitely fits. I recently bought a dodge ram 1500 crew cab....it's freakin awesome, wife drives the wrangler now.

#10 9 years ago

Toyota FJ Cruiser. Fantastic in the Winter & Summer. Great pin hauler and even better boat hauler. Best SUV I've ever owned. Shame Toyota is discontinuing it after this year.

#11 9 years ago

I have a Chevy Traverse and its a great one pin hauler. Fits everything but Gottlieb system 3 machines without removing the backbox. Those are just a little too tall.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from dieseldogpi:

It would fit in a 4 door wrangler...don't do what I did one time and go to pick it up with the wrangler with the hard top on, with the soft top folded up under the hard top (how it's stored). But it definitely fits. I recently bought a dodge ram 1500 crew cab....it's freakin awesome, wife drives the wrangler now.

Thanks for the heads up... Any idea if it would fit in a two-door Wrangler? Even an older one? I doubt it but that's what I was hoping for...

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from dmklunk:

Thanks for the heads up... Any idea if it would fit in a two-door Wrangler? Even an older one? I doubt it but that's what I was hoping for...

Unless its the newer unlimited TJ's (so the longer version that was available 2004-2007) which was a longer two door before they introduced the 4 door, I don't think it would fit. The older two doors are much shorter.

#14 9 years ago

I always liked Volvo station wagons. Rides like a car and they usually come with heated seats. Low lift height is an added bonus. I could get 2 wedge heads in my 740 turbo wagon.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-hauler-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.