Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goonie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So, chatting off line with a fellow pinsider about pin-friends got me wondering how many others are out there like me/us.

I got into this hobby without having a single friend who liked pinball, or knew about it for that matter. Since then, I have met some pretty cool folks who are, very much, into pinball. What's developed for me is two distinct groups of friends, who don't mix.

Much of my original core group, and ironically enough, the only ones where my wife shows up, could really care less about pinball. Some walk right past them and don't even seem to notice. Sure, we have nights with friends over to play, but it's mostly about kids and chatting, and not much adult playing. I can try to introduce pinball all I want, but it just doesn't really stick. Not with my friends. I find this fascinating given how much I have grown to love pinball. Amazing how different people's tastes can be. There's nothing wrong with is at all...Just find it interesting given the extremes. Perhaps a sign that this hobby is more of an obsession? I know my wife would agree there, and she likes pinball!

Anyone else seem to have life developing into two halves? Anyone only have pin friends?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I will put it this way...Goonie, I am not sure I have even met you but with your line up of pins, I already consider you a friend!

Ha, thanks man. We have not met, but from what I have seen on-line, you are welcome any time.

Got to love my wife...the only reason I think I still own TotaN is because it's the one machine she said I can never sell.

The distance issue amongst pin-friends is one of the things that sparked this thread. I'm realizing how many folks there are right around me and to the West. And people say I live in Iowa!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

But it is funny that I think its odd when people have no interest in pinball .

Right? It's like, what is WRONG with you!

My wife just said 5 min ago when I explained this thread, "well, it is a little overwhelming. People are probably afraid they'll break them."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goonie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-friends-vs-non-pin-friends?tu=goonie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.