Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballptpentheif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago

I'm new to this but how do Pinhead friends work?

Is there like one major a-hole rich guy with 50 pins that everybody ass kisses so that they can get invites to his pin parties?

I'm half joking of course, but I could imagine the allure of playing another person's table to be enough to make you put up with some pretty interesting character flaws.

#39 11 years ago

Thought I haven't personally dealt with this issue, I had a friend who had a great perspective about situations like this. He was a guitarist in an indie band who also worked as a video game tester. So his friends primarily consisted of hipsters, college friends, and gamers from work. You can imagine the culture clash between all those groups. Oddly enough, I was his friend who existed in all 3 groups.. I went to college with him, i went to hipster clubs, and i worked with him.

His attitude was, "who am I to determine who should and should not hang out with each other?" When he was younger he was fixated with this idea of "different types" of friends but as he got older he was just fed up with handling everybody. So, he just mass invited everybody to every party he threw. From his perspective, it was like a giant comic book crossover and he himself was just curious as to how it would all pan out. It was amusing, seeing a gang of tight jeaned hipsters flipping over a anime loving gamer in Jnco jeans upside down for a keg stand.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballptpentheif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-friends-vs-non-pin-friends?tu=ballptpentheif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.