(Topic ID: 10163)

Pin for Robin got me thinking. NEW IDEA FOR NUMBER PICKING...INPUT?

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_gorilla.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

When I was an Air Traffic Controller, we had a really great break room. Pinball machines!!!!! Billiard table, couches, chairs and a very large TV.

During the weeks of the Super Bowl, we would offer "chances" at winning this years TV.

The winner not only won the TV, though, he had to go purchase a new one with the raffle money.

Anything left over went out as consolation prizes.

SO.........

Annual pin raffle? If the price of new pins is going to be "around" $6k, we could sell:

$25 tickets 240
    $50 tickets 120
    $100 tickets 60

This is totally speculation here. Don't know if there is any interest. I don't really know if even I am interested. Just thinkin' is all....

#8 12 years ago

I hope your experience with the Robin job would be a help. I would also need to make sure on all of the things that Whysnow brought up. Attorney/Pinheads?

#10 12 years ago

Assuming we shoot for 6k, and that the price of the pin leaves money in the pot after the purchase, give PBL, Marco, CT etc gift certificates?

#32 12 years ago

Well, we finally have a covering of snow in the Midwest so between day dreaming about this and thinking about the pin/golf outing I have something to occupy my thoughts...rather than CL!

Anyone know the Chicago expo dates for 2012?

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

They look for certain keywords in the notes (kinda invasive don't you think?) like "raffle" or "lottery".

IF it is a gift, not that any notes are needed but, "for your pin" should do nicely.

I like the idea of letting the winner work out either shipping or purchasing from a local distributor. Why ship to Alaska if you can buy it from someone there?

OK. Ummmm.....I am going to work on this some more. I will probably be PM contacting some of you as a "team" to make this work. No rush, it would be nice to get it rolling though.

Uhhhhh...ya'll aren't going to beat me with hammers if I win, are ya? Of course, I would just sell it a week later anyway!

#38 12 years ago

Also, how many entries per person?

One, unlimited, same price for 1 or 2 or 3 etc?

I lean toward 1. Hope we can get enough interested. Could take some time to get enough entries.

Sigh...I better do some work. Later

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

It is the last three numbers of the Dow Jones results at close of business on the New York Stock

So entries must also pick a unique 3 digit number? Or do I assign them? Or?

#47 12 years ago

A: As long as each entry costs the same, do we care if peeps try multiple entries?

B: If each entry must send an accompanying email with contact information is it likely that I (or whoever ends up running this) would be able to tell if a person has more than one entry from the contact information? Assuming that we get an accurate mailing address for the "delivery" of the pin?

Ball is rolling...

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I agree. Only people with 65,000+ karma should be allowed to participate.

Go ahead...Gonna be awhile before the rest of us can purchase an entry though....

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Thanks for 'listening'!

No, sir. The thanks go to you. It would be nice to have this go worldwide. It would also be nice to 100% ensure that the $$ go toward a pin purchase. Even though it shouldn't make a difference (if you lose you lose) but I think it would suck to cough up my $$, have someone else win and decide to just take the money vs doing what the whole purpose of this is...

#55 12 years ago

"Around 6k" seems to be a little more optimistic than I thought. Should we raffle a Pro model and let the winner upgrade to LE etc?

That would keep the $ amount closer to $5k. Other wise we are in the $6.5 - 7k range

Maybe a fantastic used pin IS a better idea...??????

#75 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

If you decide to use the Dow Jones Industrial Average

The Dow is rounded to 100ths correct? Limiting me to 100 entries?

#76 12 years ago

http://www.psychicscience.org/random.aspx

Parameters...1 random integer between 0 and 120 unique values.

if you hit enter consistently you can increase the answer in a one second value.

ex:

Random numbers generated Jan 21 2012 at 16:38:10 by www.psychicscience.org

When we reach the total # of entries, a date is picked and a time is selected...

This "answer" above was generated on a computer that is in Central Standard Time, I assume that the exact same time this button was hit would the time would say "17:38:10" in New York...?

Regardless, it is completely random, there is only one chance to get the answer, it can be saved/sent via a screen shot, it can be done by a party that has no entry.

Does anyone have a better idea?

#79 12 years ago

Talking to Iowa AG on Monday......
    Will run independent to this site as much as possible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_gorilla.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-for-robin-got-me-thinking?tu=the_gorilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.