(Topic ID: 10163)

Pin for Robin got me thinking. NEW IDEA FOR NUMBER PICKING...INPUT?

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 12 years ago

Interesting idea, definitely would need to come up with a way to ensure the drawing is on the up in up. I think it would be pretty cool maybe come up with some NIB options and take a vote for what should be the prize. Maybe even an LE depending on how many people want to get in on it. I agree with Pintucky about shipping being the responsibility of the winner. Perhaps higher amount for each ticket and less overall tickets may be the easiest route but either way this would be sweet one lucky Pinsider would get a pin.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Maybe a minimum karma rating too? Nothing big but we want to keep people from creating accounts to buy multiples if we are only allowing one ticket per person?

Yea very good point there. It may be a good idea to exclude newer accounts then the date of this post for this very reason. I think we are much more likely to get 120 valid entries then we would with entering 240. I guess what I am saying is people would be a bit more likely to figure out a way to double enter at $25 than they would at $50. Either way it would be fun hope we figure out a way to make it fair and get a Pinsider a pin.

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I agree in set number of tickets. Seems like fewer tickets would be easier to maintain and would keep interests up as odds are higher. Tickets will cost more, and that's fine with me. I like better odds. Not sure the number of people who are registered here but 240 might take a long time to reach.

I agree. Keeping it at such a low entry price and limiting tickets bought per person would require too many to get in on it and would be much more of a headache to run. The more tickets you need to sell the more complicated things get. Set the number of tickets available and maybe let people buy as many tickets as they want that really helps the overall number get to a higher range. $50 to $60 or higher seems a bit more viable if we are trying to get to the 5K to 7K range. $25 here and there would just take too long IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-for-robin-got-me-thinking?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.