Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jmw57497
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I am having trouble getting my pin deck lights to work on my Bally ABC Deluxe puck bowler. All other illumination works, bulbs are new and plugs have been cleaned. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 2 years ago

Have you checked for voltage at the sockets?

#3 2 years ago

So I was able to play a few frames and the back two deck lights and the shoot light comes on during certain frames. Is there a switch that controls these lights? Thinking it’s not the sockets since I am getting two of the 6 lights on. Any ideas?

#4 2 years ago

Did you clean the sockets the bulbs are in? Did you verify the bulbs are good with a meter or switching them into sockets that already has a bulb illuminated?

As dsupetbee asked, have you verified voltages are at the sockets?

Are these general illumination lights, or controlled lights? The shoot light sounds like it is a controlled light, I’m not sure about the deck lights.

#5 2 years ago

Plan to clean all sockets again tomorrow. I will let you know if it works.

#6 2 years ago

On my United shuffle alley, the back two pin lights are always on, but the front 4 are controlled by the score motor relay (when energized, those 4 lights are off).

#7 2 years ago

Thanks for the information. I think mine is maybe something like that too since I can only get the back two on. Any idea how to check this?

#8 2 years ago

Do you have a schematic for your game? That will go a long way to finding the problem. From your description, that it works for some frames (at least the shoot light), you may have some poor/dirty contacts, poor connection at a Jones plug, or a cold solder. I watched a video of this game being played and it appears the shoot light and the 4 front pin lights always go on/off together so they are likely on the same relay (my alley doesn't have a shoot light).

#9 2 years ago

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-arcade/Bally%20ABC%20Bowler%20Schematic.pdf

I don't see "deck lights" on the schematic, but just a cursory look makes me think you have some cleaning to do on the indexing discs.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from jmw57497:

So I was able to play a few frames and the back two deck lights and the shoot light comes on during certain frames. Is there a switch that controls these lights?

The back two and "SHOOT" lights circuit is tied in a set of score motor switches.
    That set of switches are open when the Score Motor is in motion, and closed when
    it's at rest..
    You'll want to check those switches so the two rear and "SHOOT" lights work
    consistently..
    I believe the front 4 pin deck lights are tied directly to the illumination lights.
    You'll want to clean and inspect the Pin Deck's plugin, plugin solder tabs, wiring,
    and could be the sockets, but my guess would be those 4 sockets aren't getting
    any juice..

#11 2 years ago

Thank you all so much! Cleaned the switches and am getting light on the back two and shoot consistently now. Thinking I may replace the sockets on the front lights since I have cleaned the Jones plugs really well. Making progress!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-deck-lights-bally-abc-deluxe-bowler?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.