Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E2954B91-C1DC-4893-B42E-CB484AFB4420 (resized).jpeg
    129FE9EC-B383-40E5-AEEA-8092596814E5 (resized).jpeg
    F50A7B80-269F-4A39-9CED-D6ADD29D9DF4 (resized).jpeg
    soft drink (resized).jpg
    pasted_image56 (resized).png
    89146B4E-00A2-4397-A57D-1788690AC95C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stvns78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hey, y'all. I became a first time pinball owner a few weeks ago. We owned Roller Disco when I was a kid for many years but I just recently picked up my favorite pin... Haunted House. I quickly found Pinside. I am always reluctant to ask questions in forums because it has been my experience over the years that many forums are full of rude people who think their stuff does not stink and you are just a moron wasting their time. Pinside has not been this way. While I have not made a ton of posts those that I have made all the replies have been kind, courteous, respectful, and most of all helpful.

The pinball community has thus far been a pleasant experience and I am grateful to now be a part of it.

Thanks!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Good to hear!
    Love that Haunted House. It can be a bit daunting under the playfield but they can be made solid.

EJS
    LOL the one I picked up was "not working" but I quickly fixed all issues save L19 would not work and there was no battery/capacitor to save scores. Well... it would not reliable boot after I soldered on a supercap. Even after I removed the supercap it would not reliably boot. I thought I might have perhaps loosened the EPROM so I removed it and without thinking put it back in.... upside down .... Yup bricked it! I have a Pascal board on the way and will get the OG boards rehabed as backups. I am also going to attempt to reburn the EPROM or buy used ones and burn them.

Daditude
    This was my absolute favorite machine growing up. I would play it all the time at the skating rink in my home town. I would like to find Roller Disco again for nostalgia reasons. I have found I enjoy working on them almost as much as playing them. I would like to buy another that is in need of some repair, fix it up and then start trading pins but I will never give up my haunted house!

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

Are you yawning? - "y'all" isn't a word in any English dictionary I can find so you must be tired and yawning.

Its not English.. its Texan! The greatest country on Earth!

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

The real question is, Soda, Pop, or Coke?
    [quoted image]

I'm kinda a hybrid. Soda, Pop, Soda Pop are all acceptable to me. Now if someone says you want a Coke. I will say naw I want a Dr. Pepper.

One thing I can't stand is "Southern Sweet Tea". I grew up on sweet tea but this stuff is tea flavored sugar water. First time I had it I thought it was rancid and told the guy at the counter something was wrong with their tea. He took a sip and said it tasted fine LOL. I'll take the unsweet then I don't need diabeetuz.

Quoted from Randy_G:

Yes it is!
    100 times better that the most corrupt one...Illinois

Funny enough I spent my first 35 years in "downstate" Illinois. I escaped years ago when the getting was good. Moving to Texas was one of the best decisions I ever made. Even better decision than the wife and kids LOL

Already on the hunt for my next one. I want to find the ones in need of love and fix them up. Pinball machines that is...

Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stvns78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-community?tu=stvns78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.