(Topic ID: 137467)

Pin-cation - Madison-Wi Dells-Minnesota

By 67cutlass

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_4.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    coin_tubes.jpg
    coin.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

Pizza is good though

#102 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#103 8 years ago

Finally. Mustang....

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

#104 8 years ago

Only played a couple of games so far. Dirty and not playing well.

#105 8 years ago

Tons of great games though. Be crazy to have to maintain.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from 67cutlass:

Tons of great games though. Be crazy to have to maintain.

where/what is this place?

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

where/what is this place?

Blainbrook Bowl. http://www.blainbrookbowl.com/

LTG : )

#108 8 years ago

Well back home.... had a GREAT time. Made it to:

Schwoegler's (hope I spelled it right) - GREAT place. Great games. AMH is so much fun. Can't believe how much better since Expo.

SS Billards - Great games.... I LOVE this place. Love talking to Lloyd. Love his stories.

East Side pinball - Meeting Tony and Chris were AWESOME. Great conversation. Games are in AWESOME shape. I loved Payrange. Phone died as I used my last two credits. Even though they got rid of the Mustang (heard it on the podcast on the way up), I had so much fun!

Caffetto Cafe - Really neat place. Games are in a dark area, but the playfields are lit up so well. Had a blast... Plus bottled soda.... Awesome.

Mortimer's - Nice place. Games are in great condition. Bartender (owner?), was a great guy. Asked how the games were and any problems. You can tell they care.

Dulono's Pizza - VERY disappointing. Games not working very well. Dirty. World Tour Poker, I had to shut it off, keep scoring points without touching anything. Gilligan's Island was kind of neat. Never played it before. Didn't play worth a darn though.

The biggest disappointment was Bollingbrook. I've been there twice before. Was a great place. Still is a great place. Tons of machines. I was tired and the games are dirty and not as well maintained as the other places I went to. Still a good place though.

Had SO much fun.

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from 67cutlass:

Had SO much fun.

Glad you had a great time !

LTG : )

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from 67cutlass:

Had SO much fun.

awesome! and thanks so much for supporting route pinball! Without quarters there are no machines.

Reality is that we do this for little stories like this! Love the write up and makes me think someone could do a cool little blog where they travel around and play games at various locations and document the travels!

Thanks for sharing your trip!

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from 67cutlass:

Caffetto Cafe - Really neat place. Games are in a dark area, but the playfields are lit up so well. Had a blast... Plus bottled soda.... Awesome.
    Mortimer's - Nice place. Games are in great condition. Bartender (owner?), was a great guy. Asked how the games were and any problems. You can tell they care.

The game's owner is D&G games, he doesn't work at Mortimers but is their op. He owns the running games at Cafettos/Mortimer's/and Nomad, and he's good with the upkeep and lighting for sure.

2 weeks later
    #112 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pictures and your road trip!

I agree that Dulono's has great pizza, but the games can often be in need of attention. I've run into the guy that routes the machines and he's a nice guy, but he drives in from outside the city so he's not always there to fix things. I really enjoyed playing that Gilligan's Island machine because it's a game I've never played before.

I've always had good luck at Blainbrook, but I haven't been there in almost a year, so maybe they're not as up to keeping the games clean and operational.

The rest of the places you visited are all run by great operators who are really on top of their game (and their games).

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-cation-madison-wi-dells-minnesota/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.