pinbot-surfaces-inside1 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield8 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield4 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield5 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield6 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield1 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield3 (resized).JPG
pinbot-playfield2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I don't have much for pictures at this point other than what you can see here which likely isn't too helpful. Maybe it's just stewing annoyance but I've had this table for 2 years now, loved it as a kid, but I have to face facts it's a hard table and fairly vindictive in design as far as I'm concerned the amount of abuse it dishes out. Aside from that random game where I can get a few million or more (never topped 8.?) I can barely crack 1-1.5M on a 5 ball game, rarely 1M off 3 balls. I'm just more angry using it than enjoying it at this rate after not improving with it over that period of time.

When I received it, it was owned by 2 others, both as a home use only table. Has some general age wear where you have a little mylar bubbling on the table, but nothing like wear marks or worn off paint in there. Outside is overall fairly nice, nothing horribly notable, faded, or gouged badly on it other than some surface backbox(right side) outer layer damage but not in the art area and was painted over matching black before I had it) and in the black areas has been hit with minor touch ups. Inside the OEM battery was replaced with a 3AA battery holder instead. Backglass is like a 9/10, nothing cracking or poking through as far as light goes except like very small spot or two. Mechanically sound, nothing gets stuck or has problems, but it has only ever had amateur level cleaning/service, nothing hardcore and no upgrades. The worst damage is that the topper on the back side is cracked up some, but it's otherwise attached and more or less in one piece (not visibly damaged from player side.)

What would I expect to roughly get for something like this either if someone bought it, or what kind of table could I be looking at as a trade option from the 80s or newer? I know I can't expect something awesome like Theater of Magic which I enjoy or anything even far more popular than that (dream would be Williams-Indy which is very expensive.)d\

PinBot1-Willliams1986 (resized).JPGPinBot1-Willliams1986 (resized).JPG

PinBot3-Willliams1986 (resized).JPGPinBot3-Willliams1986 (resized).JPG

PinBot5-Willliams1986 (resized).JPGPinBot5-Willliams1986 (resized).JPG

PinBot4-Willliams1986 (resized).JPGPinBot4-Willliams1986 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Have you got the outlane posts closed right down? Makes the game a little more forgiving.

Sorry to sound stupid about this, but I don't follow you on closed down. If there's some way I can tweak it without drilling something out to move things about I'm open to suggestion. I really don't mind the ball dropping down the center really, it's the sides that infuriate the crap out of me. At least once or twice every game, it'll pop off one of the slings next to the flipper (either side) and throw it down those outlanes again and again (or fly out of the pop bumper area straight into the left outlane)... infuriating. And it's not my bad luck but my wife, my kid, friends. Not a personal issue.

I'm not bored of it, just fed up getting hosed over and it feeling out of my personal control. When it plays right I really do enjoy it on those random few games.

Back in the 80s pre-DMD this, Black Knight, and especially Space Shuttle were my 3 favorites. So when I had a shot at this I jumped at it. I've taken care of it the best I can, better off than I got it so it's like can I fix it, deal with the fury, or pass it along to someone else and get something as nice in return as I don't want money.

Primarily if it can be fixed, I'd rather not move it along.

Everything here is original to the best of my knowledge, no after market parts. Last owner had a worn out flipper, had the mechanism inside replaced, believe he did both to play it safe. He never cleaned it so I had to hit this with hours of tweaking, getting the vortex to not bang but work, novus'd the hell out of it, replaced a few dead bulbs, replaced the plunger tip and have a spare, and have the original small manilla folding bag with a whole pile of unused spare parts (fuses, bulbs, bolts.) Outside of no manual, it did come with that blue/yellow Pinbot keyfob which I have hanging up elsewhere to keep it safe.

I was going to post some lame big wordy description, but well pictures are well worth a bit more words, around a thousand I think. The coin door area closed, that's not paint loss all around but reflection. The shooter lane isn't worn out or jacked up in any way either. I can by hitting one of the black arrows on the meter there for the plunger pretty consistently hit the vortex as that appears to be the 100k sweet spot on this one.

I added 2 extra of each outlane about that possible tweak/fix I could apply?

Can I tweak this to make it less vindictive? Rather keep this than ditch it. If not, I'd try and maximize what I can get towards something else like Terminator 2 which is within reason maybe, even if I had to save a little (I had to scrape up a lot and sell some high tier video games 2 years ago for this thing.).

pinbot-outlane1 (resized).JPGpinbot-outlane1 (resized).JPG

pinbot-outlane2 (resized).JPGpinbot-outlane2 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield2 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield2 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield3 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield3 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield1 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield1 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield6 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield6 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield5 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield5 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield4 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield4 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield8 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield8 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside1 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside1 (resized).JPG

pinbot-playfield7 (resized).JPGpinbot-playfield7 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside3 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside3 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside4 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside4 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside6 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside6 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside5 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside5 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside7 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside7 (resized).JPG

pinbot-surfaces-inside2 (resized).JPGpinbot-surfaces-inside2 (resized).JPG

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Adjust the position of the post marked below (same post on both sides). You'll need to take off the plastic covering it and the rubber which goes around it. When you unscrew the post you will notice that the metal plate on the bottom of the playfield which it screws into has three different holes in it. Replace the post in the hole closest to the front of the game to close off the outlane gap.

I appreciate the description, total amateur here as it's just my second pinball table and only one I currently have. I've pulled stuff like that away from this and even more so from the Gold Ball I used to have so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm curious to see what kind of a change this will make. If it makes it more like a normal game where the ball really needs to find its way there versus just being happy to always fly on in that would make a world of difference.

EDIT: I went ahead and took a lot, unfortunately it was already on that pinhole so that was more or less a dead end. I did disassemble and pull snuggly down and fastened it again, may have cinched a mm off. But I did get to thinking to test something I'm not sure why never occurred to me. The kickers just over the flippers were overly sensitive, barely brushing on them, even a good hard pissed off hit to the table on rare occasion could make one of them go off. I adjusted them ever barely so backwards just a hair to lessen the sensitivity. Now while this did nothing to the gap, it did change the play quite a bit. If a slow ball now grazes to rubber it won't fire it clear across the table into the hole. Yet when it does more than a graze it goes off as normal but it seemed from 2 games I played a little less abusive of the sides too.

Not sure what you all may think of that if it's a fix or a cheat as I'm not trying to dumb it down, but as horrible as it sounds my memory of it in the day seems to line up more, of a table I've seen at the Louisville Pinball Expo too wasn't as hair sensitive as mine, and (take it or leave it) Pinball Arcade in comparison seems to roll by or snap more similarly too and yes I know it's a simulation. Just racked up a 5.X and a high 2.XM score back to back on it though the 5 was before the 2nd fix and after messing with the screws around the 3 holes part. Of those two games only once did it decide to go flying into that speedy death and that was before the 2nd tweak.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-bot-tradesell-value?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.