11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Thanks to all who came out! The tournament sold out before it even got underway and we raised about $500 for the kids.

Recap and pics: http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/pagg-2012-tournament-recap/

Full Results: http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/pin-a-go-go-2012-tournament-full-results/

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from bluevegas:

Hey Jonny, any results for the kids tournament?
    Thanks

I'll have them up tomorrow most likely. Small chance later today. Forgot my laptop at home and I have to run a tournament tonight, so won't be home till late.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Sweet! Thanks for posting!!!
    My 7th place finish sucked
    1st next time for sure though!

That's good for your first time out. Keep at it!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

any results for the kids tournament?

My girl made me proud!!!!
    PS. FatTrain - 7th Place is in the top 10% - I wish I got near that high

He got 18th overall, 7th in the Novice finals. The system can be a little confusing.

The top 16 players overall played in the Open final.

The next 12 Novice-only competitors played in the Novice final. Since there are Open players in the standings passed 16th place, of course, that keeps pushing the novice qualifying further and further down. It went down to 40th place this year, though it was a six-way tie for the last two spots.

For world pinball ranking purposes, novice finals do not impact the results, so novices who made the novice finals are still awarded ranking points based on their "Open" qualifying results.

Though confusing, it means that novices had 16 + 12 = 28 qualifying spot opportunities, and can earn ranking points. When novice is totally separate, like I did at PPE, novices do not get any points.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

7th was crazy good. It was tough as shit just to come even close to qualifying for the finals. If you didn't keep your score at 2 or below with the occasional 3 here or there, you weren't gonna make it. Fun and tough event!
    P.S. thanks for running the event and letting me in btw. I came just before noon to reg and it was already crazy.

You barely squeaked in. I did not expect us to get crushed like that. We didn't hit the cap last year.

I had to stop by Home Depot on the way so we didn't start putting people in until 10:50. Next time we have to be ready to go at 10!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-a-go-go-tournament-resultspics?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.