Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BenLogan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

N Center Aisle (resized).jpg
    S Center Aisle (resized).jpg
    Rock Pins (resized).jpg
    E Side Aisle (resized).jpg
    DP AC.DC  GOTG (resized).jpg
    AP Houdini (resized).jpg
    fantastic show weather (resized).png
    good show (resized).jpg
    860E03CA-0451-4A84-924E-AD96C38A0A55 (resized).jpeg
    23A1FABB-7AD0-4F49-AFEE-113EF5234ADA (resized).jpeg
    E0BE101E-0667-42FA-885F-82800ED495A8 (resized).jpeg
    25F027A2-353D-43C4-8CCB-C780D34C25F7 (resized).jpeg
    B87C397B-F1C0-4A58-8852-2B08A106B3AA (resized).jpeg
    2F13880C-0D53-41CB-96FF-2123007FF2D2 (resized).jpeg
    43D38089-DE1B-4E6C-B4C1-A6A59778453E (resized).jpeg
    image2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Pin-A-Gogo 2018 is in progress. Post your pictures and impressions of the show.

Updated again 10/12/18. 105 Games, including these 92 Confirmed:

Solid State/DMD
    1 24
    2 AC/DC Premium
    3 AC/DC Luci
    4 Addams Family
    5 Aerosmith Premium
    6 Amazing Spiderman
    7 Attack From Mars Special
    8 Black Hole
    9 Blackout
    10 Black Rose
    11 Batman '66
    12 (Pabst) Can Crusher
    13 Cirqus Voltaire
    14 Creature from the Black Lagoon
    15 Demolition Man
    16 Deadpool Pro
    17 Deadpool Premium
    18 JJP Dialed In
    19 Eight Ball Deluxe
    20 Elvis
    21 Fathom
    22 F-14 Tomcat
    23 Fish Tales
    24 Flintstones
    25 Frankenstein
    26 Fun House
    27 The Getaway:High Speed 2
    28 Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
    29 JJP The Hobbit
    30 Houdini
    31 Independence Day
    32 Iron Maiden Pro
    33 Iron Maiden Premium
    34 Joust
    35 Judge Dredd
    36 Kiss LE
    37 Lasercue
    38 Lord of the Rings
    39 Medieval Madness
    40 Metalica Premium
    41 Monster Bash
    42 Night Rider (SS)
    43 No Fear
    44 Party Zone
    45 Pinball Pool
    46 JJP Pirates of the Caribbean
    47 Road Show
    48 Shrek
    49 The Shadow
    50 Data East Simpsons
    51 Simpsons Party
    52 South Park
    53 Space Station
    54 Star Trek LE
    55 Star Trek TNG
    56 Star Wars (Stern)
    57 Stern Nugent
    58 Strikes N Spares
    59 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    60 Theater of Magic
    61 Tommy
    62 Transporter The Rescue
    63 TRON LE (Stern)
    64 Vector
    65 Viking
    66 White Water
    67 Whoa Nelly
    68 Wizard
    69 World Challenge Soccer

Electro-Mechanical
    1 2001
    2 Abra Ca Dabra
    3 Barnacle Bill
    4 Buckaroo
    5 Capt. Fantastic
    6 Cover Girl
    7 Dimension
    8 Flipper Cowboy
    9 Flipper Pool
    10 Jacks Open
    11 Just 21
    12 King of Diamonds
    13 Little Pro
    14 Magic City
    15 Magic Town
    16 Mayfair
    17 MIBS
    18 Par Golf
    19 Rainbow
    20 Royal Flush
    21 Southern Belle
    22 Universe
    23 World Fair

They just added a "possible Planetary Pinball surprise game" for the show. Monster Bash remake to appear?

#2 5 years ago

I know that a “call for pins” went out to some folks. I did not receive that email.
    A rumor was that the show was going to be a bit smaller. I will be there to find out regardless!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I know that a “call for pins” went out to some folks. I did not receive that email.
    A rumor was that the show was going to be a bit smaller. I will be there to find out regardless!

I know that the organizers have a "core set" of pins they seed the show with, even putting that list up (and whatever they got from email so far) would be better than no list of expected pins at all, which is what's up now.

#4 5 years ago

For the first time in many years, it's gonna be a Pin-a-no-go for me and my friends.

Most of the people responsible for putting on PAGG now do the Golden State Pinball Festival. Their inaugural event in May was an overwhelming success and was so much better than past PAGGs. Most people that I know have substituted GSPF for PAGG.

As an example, last year, two weeks prior to PAGG, there were over 1000 posts on Pinside discussing the show.

This year, this is post #4.

Gonna save my hotel/pinball money for GSPF in May.

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org

#5 5 years ago

I heard from one of the organizers they were expecting 100 games. I would go, but out of for 10 days during the show. Probably going to be a fair amount of NorCal people going. The only way this can grow is if people come and bring machines. PAGG started out as a small show. The more pin shows the better!

#6 5 years ago

There is no buzz for this show. Unless they post more info and a list of games I'm likely going to skip it.

#7 5 years ago

the entire three day weekend admission was recently reduced to match the single day price of $20. that is practically free; 28 hours of showtime, a terrific value for the locals. they would be remiss not to attend.

for myself, hard to justify going when facing a 14 hr roundtrip drive and the additional expenses for gas and lodging. passed on CAX this year for the same reason. made it to GSPF and one trip north is enough for me. i expect to return to lodi next year. while disappointing, missing PAGG this year isnt too big an issue for those in southern california as the halloween banning show is the following week, oct 19-21.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

There is no buzz for this show. Unless they post more info and a list of games I'm likely going to slip it.

Not posting at least SOME of the pins they expect to be there is a real head scratcher.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

the entire three day weekend admission was recently reduced to match the single day price of $20. that is practically free; 28 hours of showtime, a terrific value for the locals. they would be remiss not to attend.
    for myself, hard to justify going when facing a 14 hr roundtrip drive and the additional expenses for gas and lodging. passed on CAX this year for the same reason. made it to GSPF and one trip north is enough for me. i expect to return to lodi next year. while disappointing, missing PAGG this year isnt too big an issue for those in southern california as the halloween banning show is the following week, oct 19-21.

Sure, they made it cheap, but is it worth our time? Which pins will be there? Which vendors will be there?

i-dunno (resized).jpgi-dunno (resized).jpg

#10 5 years ago

Tell you what. I will put a Gottlieb King Kool in the back of my truck. I am going to sell it anyway soon. Maybe the extra Sing Along backbox as well.

At least you know about 1 and a half games that will be there!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sure, they made it cheap, but is it worth our time? Which pins will be there? Which vendors will be there?

i understand the significance of the unanswered questions and how they would be of more import to pinsider types. i was referring to the value for the local community that attends simply to play the games regardless of specific titles and extracurriculars.

#12 5 years ago

There’s a list of planned games to appear that was updated as of yesterday:

https://pin-a-go-go.org/bring-games.php

And vendors:

https://pin-a-go-go.org/vendors.php

#13 5 years ago

Looks like 40 or so games. How many is it usually?

#14 5 years ago

44 games and six vendors with two weeks to go?

Yeah...like GreenHornet said, it's hard for me to justify a 10 hour round trip plus hotel and gas for that. I did when they had 200+ pins but I can't now.

Looks like they'll probably be using only one building this year.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looks like 40 or so games. How many is it usually?

Couple hundred.

Updated the OP.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

For the first time in many years, it's gonna be a Pin-a-no-go for me and my friends.
    Most of the people responsible for putting on PAGG now do the Golden State Pinball Festival. Their inaugural event in May was an overwhelming success and was so much better than past PAGGs. Most people that I know have substituted GSPF for PAGG.

Yup. We drove up for Golden State, the desire to drive up again for PAGG is gone, far as I'm concerned it's just the old name, the real show is GS now.

#17 5 years ago

Since I found out that there will be a Swap Meet there, I am going to bring some EMs, backglasses and parts.

EMs: GTB King Kool and Spin Out
    EM extra head with good backglass: Sing Along

Backglasses:

Amazing Spiderman
    Monaco
    Barracora
    Stampede
    Wizard
    Jumping Jack

Translites:

LOTR
    Williams IJ
    TSPP

And various parts still left over from GSPF.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Since I found out that there will be a Swap Meet there, I am going to bring some EMs, backglasses and parts.
    EMs: GTB King Kool and Spin Out
    EM extra head with good backglass: Sing Along
    Backglasses:
    Amazing Spiderman
    Monaco
    Barracora
    Stampede
    Wizard
    Jumping Jack
    Translites:
    LOTR
    Williams IJ
    TSPP
    And various parts still left over from GSPF.

Do you happen to have a chime unit?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Do you happen to have a chime unit?

I think those got sold at GSPF. I will check.

Which manufacturer? Bally/Williams/GTB/other?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I think those got sold at GSPF. I will check.
    Which manufacturer? Bally/Williams/GTB/other?

Doesn't matter. 2 chime if possible.

#21 5 years ago

They added a few more EM and SS/DMD pins. Over 50 listed now. Updated the OP.

#22 5 years ago

Here is the PAGG poster. Hope to see you there...

2018 pin-a-go-go poster[2].pdf2018 pin-a-go-go poster[2].pdf
    #23 5 years ago

If anyone can grab me a poster, I’d much appreciate it. PM me.

#24 5 years ago

Will there be anyone providing board repair at the show?

I didn't notice if Rob (borygard) was gonna be there this year.

#25 5 years ago

List was updated again, and now there's a possible "Planetary Pinball surprise game" there? Will Monster Bash Remake make an appearance?

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Will Monster Bash Remake make an appearance?

reno (resized).jpgreno (resized).jpg
    #27 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

List was updated again, and now there's a possible "Planetary Pinball surprise game" there? Will Monster Bash Remake make an appearance?

Can't say anymore at this time - sorry. If that changes, I'll post here right away.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

Can't say anymore at this time - sorry. If that changes, I'll post here right away.

So no vendors doing board repair at the show this year?

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

So no vendors doing board repair at the show this year?

Oh sorry, missed that one - No folks I know of who will be there specifically to do board repair as of now.

#30 5 years ago

I plan on being there early Saturday if anyone wants to hang

#31 5 years ago

Very disappointing to see the negative comments from a few about the show. My gosh guys we used to scream for shows and now you have two out there plus CA EX. I have a lot of friends that are organizing both shows and these are true pinheads. I admire them all for their hard work. Now that I live in Tennessee I am jealous. I wish we had two shows when I lived there.

I will be in CA that week but am moving the last of my things I have there east so I cannot attend. Same thing happened for GWPS. My loss.

If the budget to attend both is stretched that's OK, but don't knock the show you are not going to attend. A lot of work goes into these things.

Enjoy! Life is short.

Mario
    Pinthetic

#32 5 years ago

I am going to the show and anticipate having a good time. Attending the show, taking advantage of the swap meet, and connecting with good friends.

As an expert said to me over a year ago, “One more pinball show? Heck, I will support as many as they have in our area!”

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I plan on being there early Saturday if anyone wants to hang

And especially looking forward to hanging with my good friend Steve!

#34 5 years ago

I love the Dixon show. I know Aurich and the guy from Pismo aren’t gonna be there, but it should still be a great time for us locals.

#35 5 years ago

Some more EMs were added. They're up to 67 games (49 modern / 21 EM) committed as of today. I can see them getting close to 100, which is a pretty great first show after the split.

#36 5 years ago

Per facebook, Jack/JJP & Pirates will be at PAGG again this year

#37 5 years ago

I will be bringing a Monster Bash, and a Black Rose to share and sell. I am looking forward to this event! It will be cooler temperature wise playing games! Steve I will look for you on Saturday.

Rob

9B64F5FC-76FB-445F-B963-638D77F108D0 (resized).jpeg9B64F5FC-76FB-445F-B963-638D77F108D0 (resized).jpeg9F6CCA54-6AE6-4DA4-A115-CD66F31FAAB9 (resized).jpeg9F6CCA54-6AE6-4DA4-A115-CD66F31FAAB9 (resized).jpeg
    #38 5 years ago

Anyone bringing anything interesting to the swap meet?

#39 5 years ago

Awesome! Will be great to see you Jim and Rob!

#40 5 years ago

Thank you in advanced everybody planning to bring machines to this!!

I live about 2 1/2 hours away from Banning, CA and in my town, I only have 2 pinball machines I can pay to play locally ... so, even though this event has been split... I am one who comes to these grinning ear to ear given the large amount of variety!!!

Counting down the days...

#41 5 years ago

Any reports so far? I’m guessing some set up has been started

#42 5 years ago

I’m excited to be there on Saturday. I’ve always had a great time in Dixon. I was honestly a little disappointed in GS, and thought that Pinagogo was way better. I understand it may not be the same, but I know I’ll have a great time. I plan on arriving before the doors open and leaving when they turn off the lights.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’m excited to be there on Saturday. I’ve always had a great time in Dixon. I was honestly a little disappointed in GS, and thought that Pinagogo was way better. I understand it may not be the same, but I know I’ll have a great time. I plan on arriving before the doors open and leaving when they turn off the lights.

What was the disappointment? I couldn't justify almost twice the drive to get there, so I didn't go to Lodi. My only gripe with PAGG has always been the TERRIBLE cooling, but having it this time of the year will definitely fix that.

#44 5 years ago

It had less pins, atmosphere, longer lines and a little louder because of smaller rooms. Don’t get me wrong I still had a great time and would do it again. I actually like the fact that we have an extra show to go to now. I just liked Pinagogo better.

#45 5 years ago

I'm headed up tomorrow and will be there most of the day. Sadly I can't stay for the weekend because of kids' sports, but Friday should be fun!

#46 5 years ago

Anybody have the latest list of games?Last year it jumped up quickly just before the start date.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anybody have the latest list of games?Last year it jumped up quickly just before the start date.

The one at the top is the latest. A bit over 70. I could see it getting to 100.

#48 5 years ago

That list is a couple weeks old. I bet it breaks 100.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

That list is a couple weeks old. I bet it breaks 100.

The website list says 10/4/18, but it was updated on the 7th or 8th with more pins and they didn't change the date. It's only been 3-4 days since the last pins were added to it.

#50 5 years ago

I’m excited to attend. Smaller show this year is fine by me. Looking forward to hanging with you guys. Always a warm and friendly vibe.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-a-go-go-oct-12-14-any-idea-of-the-size?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.