• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0288_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
pagg2016_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Howdy Partners!

You guys and gals ready for the rootinest, tootinest pinball show this side of the Pecos? You ready to share the joy of the silver ball and help raise money for local youngsters? Here at Pin-a-Go-Go HQ things are really starting to heat up and we are ready for y'all to start signing machines up! The sign up form is up and raring to go, just mosey on over to the URL below and help us wrangle up more pins:

http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

Just like in prior years, you can earn a free weekend pass, sweet lanyard from Nifty, food voucher, Saturday breakfast and so much more by simply bringing two fully working games. Keep in mind these three simple rules when bringing games in exchange for a free weekend pass:
- Games must be in working condition!
- Games must remain on the premises for play until Sunday after 5pm.
- You will be asked to pay the regular weekend admission charge of $45 at the beginning of the show and you will be reimbursed $45 in cash at 5:00pm Sunday.

Games can be setup in Dixon on Thursday 5/12 9am - 5pm and Friday 5/13 8am - noon. Show opens 1pm Friday. We encourage you to leave your games until show closing at 5pm on Sunday. Games can be removed after this time and also on Monday morning from the main hall. If you have to take a game out early we understand but please let us know during check in.

Pin-a-Go-Go is a non-profit entity and all proceeds go to local youth charities. If there are any questions please email Greg at [email protected] or Seth at [email protected]. Also see the website for more details about the show and bringing games. You should see your pins listed on our website shortly after signing up (may take a few minutes for the list to refresh).

Thanks very much from the Pin-a-Go-Go Posse!

Greg, Steve, Brad, Eric and Seth
www.pinagogo.org

pagg2016_(resized).pngpagg2016_(resized).png

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What to bring, what to bring...

For purely selfish reasons I say Frontier or Magic Castle! I have always wanted to play both of these.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Do the games have to be pre-approved now before you bring them? I usually pick something out of my lineup and bring it, sometimes the decision is last minute.
Steve

No, no need to be pre-approved. The signup list is for those that know what they want to bring already. It helps us plan and prepare earlier, but is not required.

3 weeks later
#24 8 years ago

Looks like most of you have signed up on the game list, that's awesome! Keep them games coming!

http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

what is the rule on just bringing 1 game?

At one game you get still invited to our exclusive Saturday morning breakfast, Coffee, danish, fruit and all the pinball you can eat-- open ONLY to folks who brought games!

You also get a limited edition lanyard that proclaims to all that you brought games!

When you bring two games or more, you get the free admission and a food voucher from the Dixon Teen center.

#32 8 years ago

Yeah, we do the weekend after Mother's day every year, so it's all based on Mother's day. Glad you are making it out and bringing a pin on your first visit, very awesome!

#35 8 years ago

I agree there is a flurry at the last moment, but the last two years there were over 200 machines signed up before the show. And in the last two years, all machines have been set up. No machines are turned away and there is always room for all. So would disagree there are more games then can be supported (at least for the last two years).

This is a thread (IMHO) to help get the word out and to have fun discussion on what we all should bring. Pin count is just a fun talking point and gives us an idea of how the show is shaping up.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

want to bring some pins this year, will be there Friday morn, but absolutely 100%, have to leave Sunday morning. What's the protocol on that?

Sent ya a PM

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'm bringing all two of my pins.
Couple of quick questions since this is my first time bringing them to a show:
Is there a way to keep them close to each other or even next to each other? (Is it based on how quickly I can bring them in?)
Do I keep my tools and parts bags with/near the machines or do folks just leave them in their vehicles?
Will there be "Not For Sale" labels available? (Or should I make some for myself?)
Any other hints/tips for a first-time game bringer?

Good questions!

1) Yes, they can stay together...that is typical setup unless there is a guest theme or your pin is requested (and you approve) for the tournament.

2) I always have a fairly robust kit in my car of tools so I can work on my pins if needed. The show does provide general repairs for issues that occur during the show (the pin should be in full working condition prior to show, we don't fix machines that come in broken). In general, once the show starts, all repairs should run first through the techs as there can be hazards to working on machines during a busy show. We even setup a pinball hospital where we can pull machines off the floor to work on them.

3) The tag that is taped to the machine with the key number and your name has a spot where you mark the machine as not for sale. It will be clearly visible to everyone.

Cheers!

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Oh, don't worry, both of my games are 100% working and have been for a long time. My TZ kinda scares me since it's been working so well for so long….I mean, it's a TZ, there's always SOMETHING that acts up right?
I don't think I'd mind if either of my games were chosen for the tourney. They both play pretty strong and fast. Don't think it'd be fair if I entered the tourney at that point, though.
I'll be replacing most, if not all the rubbers, giving them a thorough cleaning, and putting new balls in a couple weeks beforehand as well as giving them a good shakedown in that time. I read vid's post about how to ready your machines for a show.

Awesome, looking forward to playing them!

#67 8 years ago

Yeah I played it last year and enjoyed it.

#71 8 years ago

Nice, we are at 104 games as of this morning!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-a-go-go-2016-call-for-games?tu=pinballholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.