• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by falco
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Reset cables no change ?

#2 3 years ago

change the volume lower and see if it changes.

#3 3 years ago

I had some popping sounds and volume drop outs on mine. Re-pinned connectors and tried all sorts of things. The thing that worked was a new power supply.

#4 3 years ago

check cables and conection computer motherboard

#5 3 years ago

Ill recheck connections but that popping sound is annoying and if a power supply can help with that also it's worth a try. I also have RFM with a lcd screen and it doesn't pop so I just assumed it was the crt .
Thanks

#6 3 years ago

Could be nearly anything - Prism card, cabling, speakers, amp, power supply... maybe an audio clip or video of the problem could clarify things? The easiest thing to replace is the PSU, you could always give that a try if detailed troubleshooting would be difficult.

#7 3 years ago

Yes I ordered a power supply and hope it works . Otherwise it's P2k hell.

#8 3 years ago

If you have a RFM, why not just swap the power supply first into your SW and see if it fixes it.

#9 3 years ago

True Baraka but for the 60.00 why not have a spare. RFM is happy so I'm going to leave it alone

#10 3 years ago

Since the problem is intermittent does anyone know if the sound is tied into the prism card or is the sound board on it's own?

#11 3 years ago

IFRC the black cable runs from the prism card to the audio amp across the case. some have suggested cutting the zip ties off that cable and flex and separate/wiggle the wires and leave them apart.
Worth a shot while you are swapping the PSU and might as well put a new fan/heatsink on the CPU while you're in there.

#12 3 years ago

Yes, sound is generated by the prism card, goes to the amp via an interconnect cable. One of the lines on that cable is a 'mute' line, if that's not making good contact it could cause the sound to go on and off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 279.95
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hillsboro, OR
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pollock Pines, CA
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside