20130427_123545_zps99e42f5b.JPG
IMG_9396_zps7f929bf8.JPG
20130427_113127_zps6428a843.JPG
20130427_125050_zps50d83d98.JPG
LED4PIN-Borg-Mod-2.jpg
2-borg.JPG
20110904_091627.jpg
photo_(18).jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 9 years ago

Well I am no artist. I bought a whole bunch of really cheap acrylic paints at the local craft store and a pack of cheap brushes. I played around mixing colors until I came up with what I wanted. Basically painted it with the Silver/Grey base and then dry brushed it with straight black over it. Used a rag to wipe the black after to make sure it was in the seams good. Was all just trial and error.

#53 9 years ago

Yeah Zitt, I have been watching your thread there. That is probably the way I will go. It looks really nice. I am down for a set once they are ready.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I had forgotten about this thread and I never updated it. Here are a few pics.

Is is me or does your translite look extremely well done? The colors really pop. Could a replacement make mine look as good or is it strictly the leds behind it? I have some decent ones there but nowhere near as nice as what you have done.

#55 9 years ago

The sample plays video highlights from back-to-back episodes involving The Borg, Data's brother Lore, and Data's emotion chip. http://sparkypinball.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-mdm

STTNG MDM Installed.jpgSTTNG MDM Installed.jpg

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Yeah Zitt, I have been watching your thread there. That is probably the way I will go. It looks really nice. I am down for a set once they are ready.

LOL.
Too funny - because NO ONE seems to report they are interested.
I honestly have quotes from a PCB Assembler in my in box; but I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger because I don't have any interest. :S

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Sorry for digging up such an old thread but the pictures of the painted ships looks incredible! If you remember, can you give me some specifics (pain colors and techniques) on how you painted the hallmark ornaments to look so nice?

Hey thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately I can't give you paint colours as I mix the majority of my colours on my own. That said, I just looked at screen captures of the ships on the internet and went from there. With the Klingon Warbird you have a bit of freedom as those ships never look the same from episode to episode. I just made up my own pattern on that one. Also out of the three, the Warbird has the most pre-painted detail on it. As for the Romulan Bird of Prey, I simply gave it a wash with a darker colour and then rub the excess paint off with a rag to bring out the detail. The Enterprise took the longest by far.

Best of luck

#58 9 years ago

Custom airbrushed toys

IMG_1922.JPGIMG_1922.JPG IMG_1931.JPGIMG_1931.JPG
#59 9 years ago

more

IMG_1932.JPGIMG_1932.JPG IMG_1933.JPGIMG_1933.JPG
1 week later
#60 9 years ago

Does anyone do this painting for the Borg ship and canons that I could pay for. If you do please let me know, I could do it my self but don't want to take a chance screwing it up. Even if I could just buy them already modded.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Here is what my wife said she did\used.
Spray ship with Blazing black for base, wait four hours for dry time.
Then spray a dry brush with the Light gray metallic, use the dry brush and brush all over the ship. start on the sides in case you have too much paint on your brush, it is better to find that out on the back sides of the ship. if you have too much paint on your brush you will fill in the lines a loose the effect.
Did not use the platinum paint.
Once finished with the light gray, sprayed with the blazing black ( sparingly) to shade
And she had painted the insignia.

It's really easy and you can't screw it up, all you have to do is repaint if you're not happy with the results.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Does anyone do this painting for the Borg ship and canons that I could pay for. If you do please let me know, I could do it my self but don't want to take a chance screwing it up. Even if I could just buy them already modded.

I can help ya out, brother.

2 months later
#63 9 years ago

Thanks for the painting tutorial! So easy and then I just found a Borg symbol png file and printed to a waterslide decal. So much better.

IMG_0225.JPGIMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0226.JPGIMG_0226.JPG

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The sample plays video highlights from back-to-back episodes involving The Borg, Data's brother Lore, and Data's emotion chip. http://sparkypinball.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-mdm

STTNG MDM Installed.jpg 18 KB

Decent is not the most memorable episode of the series, but it's actually a great choice for this machine! the Borg ship that appears in this game is from that 2-part episode.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Decent is not the most memorable episode of the series, but it's actually a great choice for this machine! the Borg ship that appears in this game is from that 2-part episode.

One of my favorites is "The Inner Light," but like you said, the 2-part episode "Descent" works better. I love the scenes in "Descent" where Data lifts the Borg by the throat and throws it against the wall. I wish there were more episodes where Data displays his strength.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pimp-my-sttng/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.