(Topic ID: 27216)

PIG on TRON LE: what sources do you use?

By bjorg

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SzewczykM
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have the PIG on my TRON LE, but I haven't taken advantage of its key functionality: to activate the lights based on PF action. I'm looking for advice on which triggers to tap.

I have the following MODs:
* Kimball's Recognizer MOD
* DK's Flynn Arcade sign
* Halmark Light Cycles (soon to be installed)

Also, since the PF lights on the TRON LE are LEDs without sockets, how did you tap them (if at all)? Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Tie in the light cycles to the ramp switches.

Tie in recognized to the flasher insert in front of 3 bank disc targets

Tie in Flynn sign to the arcade lit insert

#3 6 years ago

Thanks fattrain! Do you have pics of where the tie ins are?

#4 6 years ago

I had a lot of difficulty finding where to clip in. I did find a GI light though with exposed metal and clipped into that. My cycles, sign and Recognizer all go dark after each ball which is a nice effect.

I had no luck in doing anything more than that though. If I clipped into the arcade lit flasher, the flynn's sign would just stay on permanently, whether or not the the light was lit. So it was not reversed, it would just stay on.

I ended up giving up and stuck with the GI.

#5 6 years ago

Weird - I had complete success triggering the Flynn sign off the Flynn's Arcade insert with the PIG. No problems.

#6 6 years ago

When I clip into the arcade lit, during the attract mode while it pulses, the Flynns sign will stay on. Only later during the attract mode when the arcade blinks on and off, will the sign actually blink.

I contacted DK about it, but got no response. Wasn't sure if there was something I was doing wrong. I wonder if my Pig is just not calibrated correctly or something. I'm just living with it, but I'd be curious to hear from anyone else of their experience.

#7 6 years ago

Oh, I get it - yes, mine acts the same as yours. I assume the pulse is happening too fast for the PIG to recognize the change in state.

#8 6 years ago

So when you are playing, does the flynns light turn off? My issue wasn't with the pulses, it was that it just stays on whether the arcade is lit or not.

Attaching to GI doesn't have this problem. Having the Pig is worth it just to turn off all the lights when the game goes dark. But I did want to try some other ways.

#9 6 years ago

I have "Out 1" of the PIG connected to Flynn Arcade sign mod. I have "In 1" connected to the green Flynn's Arcade insert. Start a game and sign and insert blink. I make the skill shot into the arcade scoop and the sign and insert stop blinking. Is this not working for you?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Tie in the light cycles to the ramp switches.
Tie in recognized to the flasher insert in front of 3 bank disc targets
Tie in Flynn sign to the arcade lit insert

Hey, having trouble tying my light cycles in through my PIG. Recognizer, lit flipper buttons are good to go.

I have soldered and put the correct 5v pined molex connectors on light cycles. I think my problem is getting a good signal. You say the ramp switch? isn't that on top of the playfield? I have the pro version so I know there is a AC vs DC issue possibly?

Any ideas for a pro owner best place to put the input alligator clips for best signal? I would prefer flashing or cycles activated when the ramp is hit, thanks!

#11 6 years ago

I would recommend you connect your light cycles to the light cycle insert lights just in front of the ramps.

Frolic's experience is the second report I've gotten on some odd behavior on Tron Pro's. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, so it's been tough to trouble shoot. The problem does not exist on the Tron LE, and the problem doesn't exist on other pinball machines with similar light matrix systems.

I will be looking at a Tron Pro this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to reproduce and fix the problem. I will let you all know as soon as I can pin down what the problem is.

#12 6 years ago

OK, what I thought was going to be a Tron Pro is actually another game. Is there anyone here within a couple hours of North Central Illinois that has a Tron Pro who will allow me to come by and figure this problem out?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside