(Topic ID: 134115)

Piecing together an attack from Mars. Need parts.

By GoodToBeDad

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I acquired an AFM playfield and thought it would be fun to try and piece together a complete game. If anyone has any parts for sale, please let me know. I have a long shopping list.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

I acquired an AFM playfield and thought it would be fun to try and piece together a complete game. If anyone has any parts for sale, please let me know. I have a long shopping list.

It's incredibly impractical to populate a bare playfield, both from a parts availability perspective and a cost perspective

#3 8 years ago

Yes impractical, but a great challenge and amazingly rewarding. Speaking from experience of building a Medieval Madness from and nba fb.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

Not sure it's viable these days, if you really want to embark on this journey you should think about acquiring a donor machine. In looking for a suitable machine you must consider what parts it can offer towards the finished product, like board sets, trough, wiring harness, targets etc.

It will be a massive time sink and also a bit of a money pit, I would recommend perhaps waiting to see if AFM is the next remake off the assembly line. Far cheaper option, trust me as I have turned an NBA-FB into an AFM and a WCS-94 into an MM. I will never do another one.

Cheers

#5 8 years ago

So you don't have parts?

If I was dissuaded by impractical things, I would be in a different hobby. I know it's a big job, but I'm not on a deadline and I like the challenge.

#6 8 years ago

Cliffy has the CAD files to cut all the stainless ball guides, but you will need to bend the curved parts yourself (unless he has since acquired a slip roll at work...).

Have him cut them in #8 mirror stainless for the ultimate AFM experience.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Cliffy has the CAD files to cut all the stainless ball guides

Thanks for the lead. I contacted Cliff and he sent me to Ed Vanderveen. I'm waiting to hear back from Ed.

#8 8 years ago

Ed is a good guy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/piecing-together-an-attack-from-mars-need-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.