9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheWindWalker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

01.jpg

#1 9 years ago

I don't know how many times I have read posts saying "Take plenty of pictures".

Well I took pictures, as many as I thought I would need. I should have taken some more. I did manage to get everything back together properly, but it took more time that it should have.

So remember "Take plenty of pictures".

#2 9 years ago

I take pictures every time I do a shop job. When I remove every thing I place it on a table
    In the same order as it is on the pin. So it looks like a pin on the table. If that make sense.

#3 9 years ago

tatman is right. I've done that in the past. Especially when doing a deep shop job. I even had someone come behind me and clean up my mess once (now they know not to touch Dad's stuff when he's working on a Pin ).

It always seems that when you're putting it back together, the one photo you need is the one you didn't get.

It also serves as a great documentation tool for your machine.

G

#4 9 years ago

Ditto @ Tatman, take pictures form EVERY angle - you won't be sorry.

A proper lay down area for disassembly is also a must. It really pays off when you begin to reassemble.

#5 9 years ago

I take photos of everything before, after removing plastics, and of everything I removed laying on the worktable in case it gets moved or if I can't remember where something came from after cleaning it.

#6 9 years ago

I usually take one thing off and label it in a bag and then keep a list of the numbers on a sheet so I know the order....something happened though on this last one and the numbers got all messed up! oh well, nothing too bad

#7 9 years ago

I also will reassemble items on the table as much as possible to reduce lost nuts and screws and generally keep me from forgetting what goes where. And I try to dissassemble the playfield in sectors if the game will permit, such as doing the bottom half, then the top left, then the top right.

#8 9 years ago

I have this plastic container that has 36, 1 x 1 inch, plus about 1.5 deep seperate squares in it. I picked it up in a dollar store, it is almost like an ice cube tray but bigger. I am actually not sure what it was originally designed for. I think it was for organizing beads or something. I have seen similar things at Michaels craft store.

But I use it for putting the screws and nuts etc. in as I tear down a playfield. I use each seperate section for eash ramp, plastic or anything else. Then I just work backwards as I put it back together, you know the first thing you removed screws/nuts are in the first square. Plus you can stick a piece of masking tape with a label if you need too.

But I also take lots of pics and use ziplocks with a sharpie as well, If I'm taking everything off.

01.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Actually erak, I think it was designed for you and your Pin projects. The creater just hadn't figured it out yet

G

#10 9 years ago

Those things are readily found in the fishing dept for organizing lures.

#11 9 years ago

Baggies are a great help in keeping parts relative to a particular section of a playfield. I'll just write something on there to tell me what it is with a Sharpie. Total cost of the plastic baggies and Sharpie pen is less than 5 bucks.

Having a digital camera is key, whenever you decide on taking something apart...not just specific to pinball maintanence. I have to make post-it notes on my calendar to transfer items from my camera to my computer, in order to make space on my digital camera's memory device whenever I want to take ramps apart. **looking at White Water***

#12 9 years ago

Ive Just Shopped My Twilight Zone, My First Time Ever Shopping a Pin... Ive Learned So Much and I Feel Like I Next Time Around Ill Do a Much Better Job... Next Time Im Going Keep Some Notes On Plugs.... I Did Number All My Connectors But Next Time Ill Make a Key... Something Like Connectors 1-4 Belong to the Clock... I Did Find All The "Mates" Again but For Future Reference I Think It Will Be a Huge Help

#13 9 years ago

And Also Speaking About This I May Need Some Assistance.... I Have 1 Extra Part For My Pin >.<.... I Dont Know How Important This Thing is But If Anyone Is Real Familiar with a Twilight Zone I May Need your Input... Area of Location is On/Under Mini Playfield... Least That Was What The Bag was Labeled. DONT BE LIKE ME TAKE MORE PICTURES!!!

#14 9 years ago

Parts left over are the sign of a good mechanic.

I know that doesn't help. Sorry.

#15 9 years ago

Those Are Extra Parts

#16 9 years ago

Do enough machine rebuilds and you can make a new machine from the parts left over

G

#17 9 years ago

Extra Parts!!! Thats funny. I'm gonna take a wild guess here but I don't think it's extra....
    I saw it on your other post.

The mini playfield slides into it in the back.

#18 9 years ago

Yea.... With Out That Bracket on My Playfield When The Ball Drop Mechanism on the Ramp Activates... (Dont Know The Technical Name For It) Causes the Lamp Above the Mini Playfield to Smack the Glass... Anywho I Gotta Get Around to That and Few Minor Things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 189.99
    € 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 41.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside