View topic image gallery

Coin_door_alignment.jpg
Inside_coin_door_after.jpg
Coin_door_partial_after.jpg
Nside_coin_door_b4_3.jpg
Nside_coin_door_b4_2.jpg
Nside_coin_door_b4_1.jpg

#1 8 years ago

in need of some pics to rebuild coin door. any help is appreciated.
thanks
blake

#2 8 years ago

Sheesh, can't you wait til I finish my project and put all these pics up in a long recondition thread for the ever-popular World Cup? You're trying to steal my thunder!

Ah, I guess spoiling a WC recondition thread isn't the worst thing in the world.

Nside coin door b4 1.JPGNside coin door b4 1.JPG

Nside_coin_door_b4_2.jpgNside_coin_door_b4_2.jpg

Nside coin door b4 3.JPGNside coin door b4 3.JPG

Coin door partial after.JPGCoin door partial after.JPG

Inside coin door after.JPGInside coin door after.JPG

Coin door alignment.JPGCoin door alignment.JPG

If you need more just ask.

#3 8 years ago

thanks im mostly interested in getting the damn thing running. dont think it has a freeplay setting so coin mechs are important.
blake

#4 8 years ago

You don't really need the coin mechs. Just put a pushbutton somewhere. I would avoid drilling any holes though to do so. Leave it inside the coin door or hide it somewhere. I have gotten creative and been able to use the coin jam/slug reject button to trigger a credit switch.

#5 8 years ago

makes sense. really needed the pics to look at wiring as my machine has been trashed with altercations.

#6 8 years ago

manual will have this information. you can probably get by with what is on firepowerpinball.com

#7 8 years ago

Cody, very nice work. Whats the new plating, zinc? Did you home plate it or did you get it done at a plating shop?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Cody, very nice work. Whats the new plating, zinc? Did you home plate it or did you get it done at a plating shop?

It's not plated...I refinished it by hand!

#9 8 years ago

Nice. How did you deal with the rust pitting? I've got some ptted legs I'm trying to deal with right now. And my coin mech looks like yours (the before picture...).

#10 8 years ago

Pitted chrome is a whole nuther animal than rusted zinc plated steel. The steel can be sanded down to the base metal and polished to a near mirror finish, like in the photos.

Sanding chrome takes the finish off and in my experience it cannot be restored without re-chroming. My best results have been ann EVAP-O-RUST bath followed by a green scotchbrite (blue if the green is scratching too much). You really can't get rid of pitting in chrome...just remove as much of the rust as possible and minimize the appearance of the hole in the chrome.

IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
775 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pictures-of-world-cup-coin-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.