image-253.jpg
image-593.jpg
image-55.jpg
image-752.jpg
IMG_20140711_152139.jpg
DSC_5505.JPG
DSC_5499.JPG
DSC_5503.JPG

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

I love the new Backbox Style
Looking forward to a spiderman VE-LE in the new Cab ( with web siderails)

Quoted from Rarehero:

Will never happen.

Quoted from FullBlown:

Why would they not?? Iron Man VE was a successful pilot

He means a Spiderman VE LE will never happen. Stern isn't that stupid. A SM VE could happen though.

#102 9 years ago

Im sure that will be another VE down the road

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Why would they not?? Iron Man VE was a successful pilot

I think the main issue is the license and how it has been replaced with new characters, actors, etc...I just don't see Marvel/Sony renewing that license when they have a newer product to promote. Plus, there should be plenty of SM's out there and the prices aren't out of control for them like IM was getting to be(in my opinion of course!). Congrats to all new IMVE owner's, it looks great!

#104 9 years ago

Just got confirmation from JJ that an IMVE will be arriving at my home on Tuesday or Wednesday... gonna be a looooong weekend

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I think the main issue is the license and how it has been replaced with new characters, actors, etc...I just don't see Marvel/Sony renewing that license when they have a newer product to promote. Plus, there should be plenty of SM's out there and the prices aren't out of control for them like IM was getting to be(in my opinion of course!). Congrats to all new IMVE owner's, it looks great!

Disney owns Marvel now, and Stern has a great relationship with Disney

#106 9 years ago

More IM is a very good thing indeed!
Congrats to all who have scored one.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Disney owns Marvel now, and Stern has a great relationship with Disney

Has nothing to do with that....Marvel does not own the movie rights/likenesses to those Spider Man movies(or the new ones for that matter). Otherwise, Spider Man would have been in the rest of the "Marvel-verse" movies. I'm not ruling it out, but it isn't as simple as Disney owns Marvel". Back to Iron Man!

#108 9 years ago

How about taking a pic of the backbox board set? Any changes?

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

How about taking a pic of the backbox board set? Any changes?

The same. But I can do

I checked that

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

The same. But I can do
I checked that

Don't bother, answer my email. Warning, I'm coming up in two weeks.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Don't bother, answer my email. Warning, I'm coming up in two weeks.

ok, I will check for your email. Feel free to use any of our floor pins for designing and testing if you wish. I can send you a list of current if you want them. They are at your disposal

JJ

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Just got confirmation from JJ that an IMVE will be arriving at my home on Tuesday or Wednesday... gonna be a looooong weekend

Got an email this morning telling me the same thing...

that you're getting your game

Actually, my IMVE is also arriving next Tues/Weds.

Thanks JJ!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Got an email this morning telling me the same thing...
that you're getting your game
Actually, my IMVE is also arriving next Tues/Weds.
Thanks JJ!

I'm going to urinate myself when I get that email. Congrats!

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I'm going to urinate myself when I get that email. Congrats!

Pics or it didnt happen

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Has nothing to do with that....Marvel does not own the movie rights/likenesses to those Spider Man movies(or the new ones for that matter). Otherwise, Spider Man would have been in the rest of the "Marvel-verse" movies. I'm not ruling it out, but it isn't as simple as Disney owns Marvel". Back to Iron Man!

Bingo. Original trilogy is Sony, not Disney...and no longer relevant to re-licensing for product.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, and my example looks like an LE Can't say I'm surprised.
Considering the street price for this edition, what did people expect? Monger looks "meh", whiplash is pathetic, back box looks cheap, yada yada. If anyone feels like upgrading to a more custom version, let me know...
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/snaroff/library/IM%20Custom%20Edition?sort=3&page=1

Who's a little bit jealous? Guesses anyone?

This vault ed looks pristine and any changes/mods that were made on the original can be made on this and then some.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Stern did not make any of these changes because they cost more. That red plastic trim on the backbox really looks cheap. That would have to be covered by some gold trim and the plain black speakers need a mod for sure. And the cabinet with decals instead of screen printing had to save a bunch of money. That's all cosmetic stuff they both still play great and are fun as heck. Enjoy the ride everyone.

You in the minority on this one. The machine looks great. Top notch effort Stern !!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#118 9 years ago

That's the great thing about these machines....customizable. Don't like the red trim, for a couple bucks you can have any color you want to match your particular taste.

Can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try. Haters are gonna hate. I personally think the minor tweaks made are in great taste and add to the aesthetics of an already popular game. Great job Stern and congrats to all the new owners.

#119 9 years ago

We were chatting about this at a party Yesterday....So I took the plunge and picked one up.
Has anyone heard any production numbers?
Our conversation was that they sold out of the production run, and as soon as this is finished,
assembly moves to MM, then to a new game to be announced for November IAPPA release.
It seemed to be unknown if they will go back and find time to make more.....any thoughts.

.Happy to give this game a try out!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We were chatting about this at a party Yesterday....So I took the plunge and picked one up.
Has anyone heard any production numbers?
Our conversation was that they sold out of the production run, and as soon as this is finished,
assembly moves to MM, then to a new game to be announced for November IAPPA release.
It seemed to be unknown if they will go back and find time to make more.....any thoughts.
.Happy to give this game a try out!

Iron Man is extremely fun. I have been a fan of the game from its first release.

You will love it.

Enjoy and report back.

#121 9 years ago

Thanks Jeff,

We missed you at Curlys Party yesterday....smaller and nicer.....
Catch you at the next POPS.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

He means a spiderman VE LE will never happen. Stern isn't that stupid. A SM VE could happen though.

#123 9 years ago

P.S. Not previously an iron man fan, but this new VE has me rethinking about buying one.
Congrats to all

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Stern stated on Facebook "LE pinballs will never be reproduced"
Spider Man Black was not an LE, Just "Spider Man, Special Black Edition"

Really cause I have a certificate of authenticity with my Black Spiderman that says "This pinball game, Black Spider-Man, is one of 500 Limited Edition production originals"
20140713_095326.jpg20140713_095326.jpg

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Wow the original looks like a premium now.

Quoted from wolfy:

Stern did not make any of these changes because they cost more. That red plastic trim on the backbox really looks cheap. That would have to be covered by some gold trim and the plain black speakers need a mod for sure. And the cabinet with decals instead of screen printing had to save a bunch of money.

crying-baby.jpgcrying-baby.jpg

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Really cause I have a certificate of authenticity with my Black spiderman that says "This pinball game, Black Spider-Man, is one of 500 Limited Edition production originals"

20140713_095326.jpg 71 KB

I stand corrected.
Just checked out the front of the Flyer

44002002.jpeg44002002.jpeg 44002001.jpeg44002001.jpeg
#127 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

I stand corrected.
Just checked out the front of the Flyer

Not saying I don't think a run of "premiums" would be bad just shouldn't be "mirrored with black spidey", it is such an awesome game, hard not to like Spiderman and everyone should own one sometime or another if they like newer DMDs and Sterns

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, and my example looks like an LE Can't say I'm surprised.
Considering the street price for this edition, what did people expect? Monger looks "meh", whiplash is pathetic, back box looks cheap, yada yada. If anyone feels like upgrading to a more custom version, let me know...
http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/snaroff/library/IM%20Custom%20Edition?sort=3&page=1

You probably paid a Premium for your original ironman and the this came out so your a bit jaded. Oh well that's your problem but in no way is this pin anything short of a real quality turn out of a great title.

#129 9 years ago

This Iron Man VE is going to be great! Cant wait until mine ships!....

1 week later
#130 9 years ago

I just saw the baby pic . Nice job Rai. All I am saying is I think the original IM looks a little better. They both play great and I would be happy with a new one if I had not gotten an original for 1k less than a new one. See I traded a pin straight up that I bought for 3,600. Oh I bet in a year the original will bring a little more.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Oh I bet in a year the original will bring a little more.

I'll take that bet !

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

All I am saying is I think the original IM looks a little better.

You've got to see it in person man. This thing looks sweet! I was disappointed with the fact that they were changing the backbox. I don't like the new backbox design, but it looks awesome on this game. The metallic decals look nuts in person too. My wife and I couldn't stop staring at them. I now find myself when I go down to my game room to grab something, I'll turn the light on and just stare at the decals with a shit eating grin for about 10 seconds. My wife isn't a fan of my pinball habit, but even she said "If all your pins look like as cool as this one, feel free to fill the room". LOL! I've had some nice pins through the collection too. So now I just need to hope that Stern continues using the metallic decals...

#133 9 years ago

Now that I am used to the new back box design, I actually think all my old wooden ones look clunky. Crappy moulding that doesn't line up properly at the corners, they ding easily when you take the translite in and out. I'm now liking how clean and efficient the new one looks with much cleaner lines and more defined surfaces. Lets move forward.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

See I traded a pin straight up that I bought for 3,600.

What did you trade away ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pictures-of-the-new-ironman-ve/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.