(Topic ID: 107985)

Pictures not loading from a desktop pc

By hoov

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Ok,

I can go to an existing thread and upload pics fine (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/9). Then, 5 minutes later, I started my own thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-new-webb-and-shay-backglasses-came) and proceded to load and attach the same number (6) of pics, with basically the same resolution (804 kb - 971 kb) - all .jpg files - and the images don't appear. One thing it does ask me is if I want to link the games I'm talking about - I just clicked ok (no I don't want to) - don't know if that makes any difference.

I'm using Firefox and someone suggested I upgrade to Chrome but I wanted to see what others say......

#2 9 years ago

I had problems with IE. Chrome has always worked for me. Though I haven't uploaded a picture in a while.

#3 9 years ago

Hmm, that sounds like it could be a bug, although I use Pinside extensively with Firefox and haven't seen this myself nor heard others mention it.

I will test this with my version of Firefox (32.0.3)

Are you able to *edit* your opening post and then add the images with that edit?

And what version of Firefox are you using?

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the help Robin.

No, I'm not able to edit my opening post and add images.

I'm running Firefox version (32.0.03) also.

Dave

2 months later
    #5 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Hmm, that sounds like it could be a bug, although I use Pinside extensively with Firefox and haven't seen this myself nor heard others mention it.
    I will test this with my version of Firefox (32.0.3)
    Are you able to *edit* your opening post and then add the images with that edit?
    And what version of Firefox are you using?

Robin, was hoping you could help me...

When I try to post a picture... I get the little blue bar showing it is downloading on this site but when I go to preview it... it doesn't show a picture but just says: [attachment=0,]

Any help would be appreciated.

#6 9 years ago

Hmm, could you please describe the exact steps you are taking for me to try and replicate this issue?

And please also mention which browser, version and OS you are on. Thanks!

#7 9 years ago

Here goes nothing... trying to post picture of my Spot Bowler

[attachment=2164039,]
    #8 9 years ago

I am using Internet Explorer 11

and Windows 7 Home Premium

Ok, where it says: click here (underlined) to open the uploader (I click on that)

Then there is a green box and underneath the green box there is another smaller box that says: ...or click here for file upload dialog... (I click on that)

Then a small screen pops up that is from my computer. I go to my pictures and double click on the picture I have selected. When it is done uploading I click on Preview post... although this time I clicked on Send post and the above is what happened. This time I notice there is a number there but still no picture. Hopefully this is enough information for you to see what is going on. TIA

#9 9 years ago

That's all I got.

1 week later
    #11 9 years ago

Okay, got it! (Dirt figured it out)

Yaaaaay! DirtFlipper!!

#12 9 years ago

The culprit turns out to be the presence of an apostrophe in the picture file name. So if you have a picture with a name like "Gottlieb's best pin.jpg", it won't work. Need to remove the apostrophe from the file name. There may be other characters that trip it up as well, but in this (and Hoov's) case, it was the presence of an apostrophe in the name.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pictures-not-loading-from-a-desktop-pc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.