(Topic ID: 84952)

pictures from steve tsubota/python fund raiser 3-22-14(now with video)

By cosmokramer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1805.jpg
IMG_1812.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1817.jpg
Slice_of_Life_with_Pizza_Steve_1.png
20140322_141445.jpg
20140322_141453.jpg
20140322_141549.jpg
20140322_143829.jpg
20140322_143834.jpg
20140322_143840.jpg
20140322_143849.jpg
20140322_143901.jpg
20140322_143912.jpg
20140322_150536.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I asked for permission to take the photos, I asked for permission to put them on the internet before I posted them.

CosmoKramer (and others) were very kind to ask for permission which was granted. Others who took pictures of ZB before the event were asked to hold off posting so that we could unveil this Python proto at the fundraiser which they honored--thanks for keeping the lid on this! The cat's out of the bag now, it's time for the world to see Zingy Bingy!

Quoted from rvdv:Would be nice if they would ask Steve ?

This is Robert watching out for a friend's back! He knows I'm an amateur photographer so he's just looking out for me. I had planned on doing some shots before the event but simply ran out of time. It's all cool guys!

steve SDTM

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Steve's party was plastered with signs with the hashtag for putting photos of the party on Facebook, Instagram etc. He's obviously cool with pictures.

Yeah, and I think like only one person posted to instagram… oh well! Perhaps I misjudged my audience! (The signs with the hashtag also made a reference to the Chainsmokers' song "#Selfie" which makes my youngest daughter's head explode every time she hears it")

steve SDTM

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I pretend to live in a world where "hashtags" don't exist and my old friend "the pound sign" is still around.

Then let me introduce you to my leetle friend, mr octothorpe!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

We could'nt post to instagram or facebook because my wife was ditching a business commitment to attend Steve's party...she was supposed to be "visiting her sick grandmother".

The old sick grandmother trick.... I'm glad you brought your wife! Did she enjoy the party?

#55 10 years ago

Always interested in how we can make these events more palatable for non pinball people!

Steve SDTM

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Don't forget the Live Band! ... Except for Ron that gave the lead singer a break for a while.

I'd love to get the video of that! It was great!

Funny thing about the lead singer, after all of the pinheads left he kept playing STLE. We ended up playing together until 2:30AM! He kept saying, "I'm sorry, I just can't stop playing this game. IT'S SO AMAZING." It was great to see a new pinhead being inducted!

steve SDTM

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

My Pherocious Phelines print is currently flattening out as I type this in preparation for it's frame.

That's a cool print! Snap a picture of it once it's framed!

Quoted from NimblePin:

The other two P2K games (Playboy and Wizard Blocks) were very interesting to flip; it's too bad they never went into production.

I think Playboy is only interesting to see the one shot where the scoop kickout gets stopped dead by the magnet in front of the flipper. It's really ball-hang city, and too early in it's development to see a game there. WB on the other hand is all that and and a bag of crisps. While it's incomplete, there's more there than meets the eye and it's a pleasure to flip that game. One of those "oh if only…" games.

Quoted from NimblePin:

I especially dug the zoetrope-esque flashers on WB in particular. A simple effect that makes a big impact during gameplay… It would be neat to see if ___ could re-visit that technology in future games.

Wow! "Zoetrope" is both one of the most accurate and esoteric descriptors ever! (My favorite zoetrope is the one at California Adventure's Animation Exhibit--pure magic) Pat's effect, which apparently was cost reduced out of TZ, is nothing short of mind blowing! The combination of the video of the boy-wizard appearing and the sounds and the mars flashers going off creates a real sense of excitement. I too hope that this appears in a game in the future.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Lock Ness Monster was my wife's favorite game of the night, while Krull and King Kong battled it out to claim my top spot.

You've both got good taste in my book. I give a slight edge to Krull because of the soundtrack.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Krull was especially tough to score on, due to the random droplet of cold water that tagged you in the head/neck while you played.

Heh! Yup, the air handlers were working overtime to keep up with a hundred 98.6° heat generators as well as a thousand little incadescent bulbs. Even though that condensate line is foam wrapped it does drip right on the head of the player. Perhaps another layer of foam, or maybe I should swap Krull with WhiteWater or Fathom!

Thanks for coming NimblePin and bringing your lovely wife. Hopefully see you at PinballLand this weekend!

steve SDTM

#64 10 years ago

All right, all right… I'm going to install a drip tray…. (there are already large drip trays under the air handlers themselves because they are right over the pinballs).

One of those things that has been on the list for a while and I never get to!

When we were doing the calcs for the air conditioning, I told my HVAC guy that I needed to be able to keep the room comfortable during the summer with 80 people playing. He looked at me and asked, "okay--so how many BTUs does a pinball generate"? I couldn't find that information anywhere. In the end I just specified a metric buttload of tonnage and we guessed on the high end.

steve SDTM

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I hope to see (and actually meet) some of you at Pinball Land on Saturday. (Where, by the way, you'll all have another chance to buy Python's artwork. It's beautiful, unique AND affordable)

I just got back from the post office where I picked up the artwork that will be for sale at Pinball Land on Saturday. There will be 4 BOP prints (my favorite) 2 Circus prints, 1 Pinbot poster (signed but not numbered), 2 Cats prints, 1 giraffe print, and 2 Saturday Evening Post (giclee on canvas, museum wrap). The last 2 are from Python's fine art works.

I discovered after last Saturday that the pinbot posters are actually vintage signed Williams posters!

Quoted from Aurich:

I probably won't make Pinball Land this Saturday, I'll hopefully be picking up my Tron instead. Sorry to miss seeing people, but I'll manage to enjoy getting my game still somehow.

Wow, best excuse for missing Pinball Land ever! Good luck with your Tron, I suspect we'll be seeing less posting from you as you get acquainted with your new game!

Quoted from cosmokramer:

When do we get to do this again?

I had a great time so relatively soon I hope! Give a brother a chance to recover!

best regards
steve SDTM

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm trying to post less...

I only think it would be a problem if your posts didn't add value, but fortunately you're one of the reasons I enjoy reading pinside!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Totally! ...and it was super romantic, too....I dropped the "L" word on my new girlfriend for the first time while we were eating pizza by the fountain!
Pinball + pizza @ Steve's = <3

WOWIE!!!! That's so cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pictures-from-steve-tsobotapython-fund-raiser?tu=pinsane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.