Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinstor12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

internet_tough_guy.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
42051703.jpg
563632_587857347899532_1542987678_n.jpg

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from B9:

To me this would be an excellent feature that would make my other pins jealous

BP9 have you got a key stroke recognizer on my laptop? Same exact words 31 seconds apart.

#52 6 years ago

Here's my concern. In photos, it shows a single headphone cord running from the audio output on the motherboard to the preamp/amplifier board. Then, there's like an RJ45 connector that connects the front door controls to the preamp/amplifier board (and other cables running to the back audio jacks and speakers).

Basically, the front control panel could be engineered to control the main game's volume, but there are two caveats: with that kind of wiring you couldn't make it an in-setup configurable option (it would either be wired to do it or not), and no matter what it would always be a secondary volume control after the game's main volume control.

Personally, here's how I would have handled it:

1) By default the front volume controls (volume and mute) would only control the headphone jack. And when you plug headphones in, it mutes the game's main audio.

2) By installing a jumper or flipping a dip switch on the preamp/amp board, you would enable the volume/mute buttons to also control the game's main volume. As mentioned, this would be a secondary volume control after the main (like your PC's speaker system's volume after the computer's volume), but that would be fine for this purpose.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Here's my concern. In photos, it shows a single headphone jack running from the audio output on the motherboard to the preamp/amplifier board. Then, there's like an RJ45 connector that connects the front door controls to the preamp/amplifier board (and other cables running to the back audio jacks and speakers).
Basically, the front control panel could be engineered to control the main game's volume, but there are two caveats: with that kind of wiring you couldn't make it an in-setup configurable option (it would either be wired to do it or not), and no matter what it would always be a secondary volume control after the game's main volume control.
Personally, here's how I would have handled it:
1) By default the front volume controls (volume and mute) would only control the headphone jack. And when you plug headphones in, it mutes the game's main audio.
2) By installing a jumper or flipping a dip switch on the preamp/amp board, you would enable the volume/mute buttons to also control the game's main volume. As mentioned, this would be a secondary volume control after the main (like your PC's speaker system's volume after the computer's volume), but that would be fine for this purpose.

I'm finding out the specifics. And yes the door link is RJ45 on my game to the amp which subsequently connects to the mobo.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

BP9 have you got a key stroke recognizer on my laptop?

Apparently you know what I do for a living

#55 6 years ago

This is a PC based platform, right? Modern pcs have a separate FP header and separate software vol control for these FP audio jacks.

#56 6 years ago

Yeah, but they don't seem to be handling audio that way. Single output fed into a board that splits/amplifies to headphone/rear jack/speakers and offers the front controls.

#57 6 years ago

Maybe JJP should just ship the game in parts as they are completed to their lenders....I mean, buyers.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Yeah, but they don't seem to be handling audio that way. Single output fed into a board that splits/amplifies to headphone/rear jack/speakers and offers the front controls.

Is is just me or has this coindoor discussion have you thinking about the possibilities more that a plane pic of a coindoor should ?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

Maybe JJP should just ship the game in parts as they are completed to their lenders....I mean, buyers.

Really? We're trying to have a serious discussion about the coindoor here

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Is is just me or has this coindoor discussion have you thinking about the possibilities more that a plane pic of a coindoor should ?

The devil's in the details, man!

#61 6 years ago

My sources tell me the controls on the coin door are only for the head phone jack. But the mute button kill the sound on the cabinet speakers. On the amp there is an over ride switch to turn that button on and off.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from B9:

To me this would be an excellent feature that would make my other pins jealous

Quoted from pindome:

That is why it would be a menu driven option as B9 and I asked.

for home use, i agree with you guys.

#63 6 years ago

Please post pics of the electrical cord next - I heard it took 15 months to develop.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

for home use, i agree with you guys.

true that having volume control be controllable by the player when the pin is on location is a bad idea.

#65 6 years ago

Please post pics of the electrical cord next - I heard it took 15 months to develop.

As your sarcasm isn't lost on me ill play along.

And it was 9 months probably about as long as it took for you to develop so obviously good things take time right?

image.jpg

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

As your sarcasm isn't lost on me ill play along.
And it was 9 months probably about as long as it took for you to develop so obviously good things take time right?

Are the LED's broken on it or something?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

LMAO

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Are the LED's broken on it or something?

? LED's? For the power plug?

#69 6 years ago

image.jpg

#70 6 years ago

LOL

#71 6 years ago

Glad to see the remote volume control and headset plug. As mentioned, it would be nice if we could control volume externally via menu to eliminate the problem for ops. And it would save me later since I just spent $50 on a remote volume control for my AC/DC via Pinballife.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You guys are right
I need to step away from my ipad during WOZ talks.
My perception of this product is skewed by a botched preorder.

Atta boy, now you're talking.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

you can't powder plastic.

Actually you can powder coat plastic. Had some hub caps done about ten years ago for some off-road wheels.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Actually you can powder coat plastic. Had some hub caps done about ten years ago for some off-road wheels.

It's probably not powder then because aren't hubcaps plastic? They would melt when the powder bakes however I'll let Alex (Pinchroma) field this once since he's the expert....

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Would you expect anything less?!!?! I was going to ask where the tiny LCD screen on the power plug was, but figured LED's would be enough.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

It's probably not powder then because aren't hubcaps plastic? They would melt when the powder bakes however I'll let Alex (Pinchroma) field this once since he's the expert....

Apparently you can powder coat w/ low temps on plastic. I had it done, thought it was weird so I googled it, looks like it's a thing.
The wheels were aluminum and the hubcaps matched perfectly.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Apparently you can powder coat w/ low temps on plastic. I had it done, thought it was weird so I googled it, looks like it's a thing.
The wheels were aluminum and the hubcaps matched perfectly.

You can't. There are ton's of wheel centers that are aluminum which people mistake for plastic.

Powder melts at a MINIMUM of 360 degrees and at that temp you have to bake for 15 mins (or 400 for 10-12). Your centercap would be a molten mess of plastic crap at the end. That being said many single stage powders have an equivalent spray paint that can be applied (RAL colors). But 2 stage dormants and candies without a doubt don't have a spray equivalent.

#78 6 years ago

Wait till the first time some kid shoves a paper clip, bobby pin, nail, or squirts water into that jack and blows the amplifier.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Wait till the first time some kid shoves a paper clip, bobby pin, nail, or squirts water into that jack and blows the amplifier.

Be no different than them doing it to your home receiver or xbox or playstation or blue ray player or... ahh you get the picture

Kids do that stuff. Have to expect it.

#80 6 years ago

He's talking about on location. Surely the Pinnovators board is isolated from the man amp.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You can't. There are ton's of wheel centers that are aluminum which people mistake for plastic.
Powder melts at a MINIMUM of 360 degrees and at that temp you have to bake for 15 mins (or 400 for 10-12). Your centercap would be a molten mess of plastic crap at the end. That being said many single stage powders have an equivalent spray paint that can be applied (RAL colors). But 2 stage dormants and candies without a doubt don't have a spray equivalent.

http://www.innovocsolutions.com/
http://www.wrightcoating.com/specialty-coatings/plastics/powder-coating

The wheels were for an H2, with plastic hubcaps. I'm no expert, but I had it done and there are company's that say they do it. It looked good and coincidentally were done the same color as a coin door.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He's talking about on location. Surely the Pinnovators board is isolated from the man amp.

ebay.com link » 100pcs Rubber Anti Dust Earphone Jack Plug Stopper Cap For Iphone U Pick Colour

#83 6 years ago

Link is broken. What is it?

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

http://www.innovocsolutions.com/
http://www.wrightcoating.com/specialty-coatings/plastics/powder-coating
The wheels were for an H2, with plastic hubcaps. I'm no expert, but I had it done and there are company's that say they do it. It looked good and coincidentally were done the same color as a coin door.

Negative:

"Our powder coatings application expertise has enabled us to efficiently and successfully coat high temperature plastic parts with decorative and protective color and clear powder coatings."

High temperature plastics. Those are injection molded plastics with a melting temperature > 600 degrees. Polypropylene with polymide for example. Your center caps I can tell you were done with a RAL spray. What color were they done? My guess is not a 2 stage.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Link is broken. What is it?

Not sure why it's doing that.. looks like a site bug.. get rid of the </p> it's adding to the end of the URL. they are headphone jack plugs 100 for 3 bucks.

#86 6 years ago

Yeah sounds like a good idea at first but kids will rip these out on location. The brats will even go as far as picking out silicon filler if you used that to prevent people from using a bad coin slot, I've seen it happen. Probably best to just disconnect/remove the headphone jack for locations. Jack should allow operators to get these without headphone jacks I would think. Plus I would think a Bluetooth transmitter would work better. Just pair your headset with the game using no passcode or the default 0000 passcode.

#87 6 years ago

Volume should be controlled by clicking your heels 3 times for up and clicking your toes 3 times for down.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Negative:
"Our powder coatings application expertise has enabled us to efficiently and successfully coat high temperature plastic parts with decorative and protective color and clear powder coatings."
High temperature plastics. Those are injection molded plastics with a melting temperature > 600 degrees. Polypropylene with polymide for example. Your center caps I can tell you were done with a RAL spray. What color were they done? My guess is not a 2 stage.

They were the same black as a coin door. The hub caps looked exactly the same as the wheels and it looked good. I didn't use them so I don't know how durable it was.
I don't have time to research exactly what RAL spray is, but seems deceptive to call it powder coating.
If you wanted a coin door powder coated black no matter what and wanted the plastic to match, would you do the plastic parts w/ RAL spray? or something else.

Thanks!

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Volume should be controlled by clicking your heels 3 times for up and clicking your toes 3 times for down.

I swear to god I can make this happen. For those of you with that Xbox 360 motion recognition thing there is an open source driver for it. I can tie system volume to that lol.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

They were the same black as a coin door. The hub caps looked exactly the same as the wheels and it looked good. I didn't use them so I don't know how durable it was.
I don't have time to research exactly what RAL spray is, but seems deceptive to call it powder coating.
If you wanted a coin door powder coated black no matter what and wanted the plastic to match, would you do the plastic parts w/ RAL spray? or something else.
Thanks!

It may be deceptive but its not powder I assure you.

RAL colors are standard colors that are single stage with no metallic. So given the fact you had them done black I can guarantee that the hubcaps are sprayed not powdered. That doesn't make it any less good its just not powder. Ral colors are available in spray paints as they are Pantone colors which are available in every paint medium.

#91 6 years ago

I was just thinking. Why the hell are people so concerned about a coin door. It's a fing coin door!

#92 6 years ago

That's one good looking coin door.

#93 6 years ago

Any update on being able to control the game volume (not just the headphone jack) from the external controls ? If so, can it be enabled or disabled from the settings menu ?

#94 6 years ago

Right now it controls the headset volume only but the master mute is there.

We are looking to the possibility of adding that at a later time if it can be done in software.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's a fing coin door!

I for one love a good "fing coin door"

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yeah, sounds like a good idea at first, but kids will rip these out on location. The brats will even go as far as picking out silicon filler if you used that to prevent people from using a bad coin slot, I've seen it happen. Probably best to just disconnect/remove the headphone jack for locations. Jack should allow operators to get these without headphone jacks I would think.

Yup, I was talking about "on location". Kids would f^(k with it just to f^(k with it and cause a service call. Why on earth would they release this with a proprietary coin door instead of an ordinary off-the-shelf one? Just means having to stock more parts with a proprietary one.

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Jack should allow operators to get these without headphone jacks I would think.

I had a Guns n Roses that had a factory headphone jack.

It was well routed and the jack still worked just fine.

I doubt it will be a problem, its not like a paperclip is going to short out a headphone jack.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I had a Guns n Roses that had a factory headphone jack.
It was well routed and the jack still worked just fine.

I've never heard of Data East shipping games with headphone jacks, did they do this with other games as well?

#99 6 years ago

I think there was a law for a while in Japan that headphone jacks were required.

I've seen a German re-import with it too.

Quoted from Crash:

I've never heard of Data East shipping games with headphone jacks, did they do this with other games as well?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I for one love a good "fing coin door"

You mean one with multiple coin sluts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside