(Topic ID: 63041)

Picture of a real STERN STAR TREK & REVIEW!!!!

By eXidy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveP3
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-09-16_at_10.53.16_PM..png
image.jpg
The-dude.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
MM_jon.jpg
WashMyEyesWithSoap.jpg
review.jpg
PCV.jpg
StarTrek-Pro-Detail-04.JPG
pf4.jpg
pf3.jpg
pf2.jpg
pf1.jpg
stpro4.jpg
stpro3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfanoz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 10 years ago

Realistically, anything you buy depreciates with time. The popularity of what you own can make the price increase due to the rareness (in this case) of a pin in question. I'm with many here that for me, its a hobby. I have no plan to sell unless I may be living out of a cardboard box (a Stern one, *rimshot*) but I am with many others in saying, if you're in it just for an investment, there's better things to invest in. I'm gonna have fun and fix it up when it needs it and have more fun. That's the life of someone who enjoys a hobby.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I love hearing this. Some people can't get over certain things and they will always spill negativity. It's people with your attitude that keep pinball alive.

That comment made me smile. Thanks. I'm a born tinkerer anyway. I used to break things to see how they worked. I've infected all my co-workers into wanting their own machines as well as playing them on a regular basis at the nearest tavern. So much that one of my co-workers joined a PAPA tournament there.

Half the fun is figuring out what's wrong and fixing it. There's gratification in that. Not just giving up and selling it.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So where was the info that there may be lasers and projection? That sounds pretty cool I do agree if they tilt the DMD up for the glare, that is a neat thought on their part.

Yeah, Im guessing from the USS Vengeance.

#196 10 years ago
#198 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

that would definitly make a nice topper!

Indeed. Lights up and looks like it does in the movie. Talks ("KHAAANNNNN!"). A winner.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But that's the really old looking Enterprise, right? The pin is based on the new movies and the Enterprise looks more modern, no?

It is but I went old school. Thought the contrast would be cool considering the new movie storyline wise is comparable to that one. And as much as I like Chris Pine as Kirk, Shatner's the man.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But that's the really old looking Enterprise, right? The pin is based on the new movies and the Enterprise looks more modern, no?

Looked for one like the new movies, don't look too appeasing.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

6 Main modes & 18 mini-modes, What is a mini-mode????? Complete a loop, shoot a ramp? Video mode? or is it 3 extra bonus parts to the main 6 modes?
Damn it Stern! I'm a pin player not a speculator, Show us a video!

It's being put inside a dead planet..... buried allivveeeee.... buried alliiiveeeeeeee.

#212 10 years ago

Still like the Wrath of Khan one more. To each their own. The new ship itself is in the premium and up, anyway.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not quite as bad as the guy that glued pictures of Spock to the upkicker chutes on his ST:TNG...LOL!
A ship that cool needs to be displayed well...might as well be on a sweet pinball machine, even if it's not a perfect match!

Same universe. Just a parallel one. (i.e. Vulcan destroyed instead of Romulus) It all fits.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Good points. The entertainment industry relies heavily on familiarity and retreading old themes. It's smart business. The new movies are Star Trek; not Space Trip or Galactic Journey. It's a retread of something that has existed since the 60's. Personally I like this concept, especially when well done like the new ST movies. I grew up with James T Kirk and I love having new movies revealing his character on a deeper level.
While I love a totally one of a kind playfield like on WPT, I also love a new take of some old design concepts. SM borrowed a lot from AFM and I loved that. ST borrows from AFM, SM, TS and of course STTNG. I don't have a problem with that at all and cannot wait to play this game. It may be similar to some other games, but it will have its own rules and intricacies that will hopefully make it better than the games that came before it. Being "safe" is also a good business move for Stern. In the current climate there is very little room for error especially with so many pretenders to the throne out there.

The side lock to the left reminds me a lot of T2. Think he took a bit from all the past greats keeping it mainly STTNG looking, minus the cannons of course. Should make for a really fast, fun game. Cannot wait.

1 month later
#273 10 years ago

If the game plays like AFM (middle target, ship action), T2 (minus the cannons, lock position mainly and lane positions), with a bit of the old STTNG ramp wise, then I'm willing to give it a whirl. I've played worse, and with it being a Ritchie machine, you can guarantee it'll be fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfanoz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-of-a-real-stern-star-trek?tu=wolfanoz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.