(Topic ID: 63041)

Picture of a real STERN STAR TREK & REVIEW!!!!

By eXidy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveP3
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-09-16_at_10.53.16_PM..png
image.jpg
The-dude.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
MM_jon.jpg
WashMyEyesWithSoap.jpg
review.jpg
PCV.jpg
StarTrek-Pro-Detail-04.JPG
pf4.jpg
pf3.jpg
pf2.jpg
pf1.jpg
stpro4.jpg
stpro3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago

Game is shockingly uninspiring.

#45 10 years ago

I'm working on a $1400 DW that has 3x the amount of stuff that this game does. Mind blowing how 3 cheap ramps and a couple of targets command this kind of money and crazier that people a BUYING IT without playing it!! WTF is wrong with people.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know, it's possible to express how you don't care for this machine without implying that anyone who likes it is f***ing stupid. People have different tastes and priorities. I happen to prefer Williams/Bally games over Sterns, but that doesn't mean people who like it the other way around are morons.

I beg to differ. I think anyone shelling out the money they are asking for this game WITHOUT PLAYING IT is f^&k*** insane. These people are the reason this hobby has gotten so goddam expensive.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

We appreciate the asterisks in your post. It's nice when someone doesn't have to completely spell out the bad words, but still allows us to understand the meaning.

It's all about understanding.

It's just so fu*king crazy that this game cost as much as it would cost you to buy the two games it was based on. I'd much rather have SM and STTNG than this. The hobbyist are killing the hobby by buying these stripped down tables. It's just gotten insane.

Look at the DMD cover on these pins. Are you f'ing serious? This table makes "the pjn" look reasonably priced.

I don't blame Stern, they are a business trying to make money. At this point it is just a farce. Cheap games with incomplete code and nothing but rehashed stripped down tables. Stern always said it wasn't about the hobbyist, it was about ops. And they finally wised up and realized the home buyers were idiots and would keep buying unfinished and cheaply made games because they have(had) a monopoly on a market that is fickle and easily bored.

If you buy this game please let us all know so we can thank you for driving up the prices again.

Rant off.

Going to bed.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

WTF are you talking about?
This is a thread showing pictures of a Star Trek pro. There is no big price increase on the pro!
All this hysteria by people like you is just cracking me up. Stern and the hobbyists who are buying this are ruining the hobby! Give me a f'in break.
You can buy the Premium model of Star Trek, NIB, for $100.00 more than MET Premium.
OMFG the sky is falling! "These people". WTF Taylor? I'm pretty sure the only NIB pin you've ever bought was WOZ. How did the price of your WOZ standard compare to what you can get Star Trek Premium for? I think you are part of the problem!

I would have never shelled out the money for WOZ. I got my game in a trade and feel that I got a very good value for a B/W title that has gone up significantly in recent years.

I have no idea what you can get a Stern Premium for. 4k? 5? Still seems like a lot of money to dump for not much of anything.

Quoted from chessiv:1) Profanity edited fail. Need to finish the job.
2) Taylor, did you read this before you posted it? Really? The WOZ you bought? Hello????

"Profanity edited fail". I love the overuse of the term "fail". well played.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

May be true but they are earning like crazy at my location so I will continue to buy them

Fair enough but wouldn't you rather see the prices of the tables reflect the BOS?

Quoted from phishrace:You may be right, but judging a new game based solely on pictures is even more insane. You have no grounds to bash the game. In pinball, pictures don't mean jack. They never have and they never will. By condemning the game based only on pictures, you lower yourself even lower than the blind LE buyers IMO. You are a superficial hater. The worst kind of hater.
I look forward to your review of the game in the future. Really.
Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity in quote edited

I'm not bashing the game, I'm bashing the hobbyist buying it. If I didn't make that clear I do apologize. There is no way to judge a game until the code is finished which is exactly what is said in what you have quoted. I didn't bash any visual aspect of this game. Didn't mention trim color, DMD, playfield, plastics, cab, etc.

Where is the superficiality in stating the obvious that it just seems to be three plastic ramps and a magnet(might not be in pro)? Worst kind of hater? Laughable.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. Seriously? What difference does it make if you traded something that was WORTH $6500.00 (or whatever the cost of your WOZ was) to get your WOZ instead of paying cash? Assuming you got market value for your pin, it is exactly the same as you "shelling out the money for WOZ". Do you seriously not understand this?
Or are you saying that you screwed somebody over and got way more value on your B/W than it was worth? Because really, that's the only way that your statement above makes any sense at all.

There is no difference. I am part of the problem.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Am I wrong for saying that you should be on your knees, thanking Stern for being the only company out there making pins in this dollar range? For the price, you can get an AMAZING game for your home. One that very likely won't even depreciate very much over a number of months.
If it weren't for Stern, I'd be surprised if JJP would have been able to do what he's doing right now.
Like them or not, Stern creates pins, excites the hobbyists, and keeps pinball alive for many of us who aren't interested in learning what it takes to fix 20+yr old machines.
What I see right now is that there are B/M fans who for whatever reason, don't like Stern. Fair enough. That's your right. The thing is, if you don't like Stern or their pins, then why rain of other people's parade? We're not hurting your pinball collection. Keep on doing what you prefer.
What's absolutely ridiculous is that there are so many people who can't fathom the idea of owning just a few machines. They have to have a full room of them. That's your right too, but consider the total dollar amount that you have invested. Once again, I have 2 machines at most times. 7k for ACDC, 9k for StarTrek LE. 16k total.
If the total value of your pins is greater than that, you should quit complaining about the cost of a NIB machine. Cause you can afford them too. Essentially what you're doing, is complaining that you can't own more pins. Waaaah!

Okay, so you took me ranting about prices being stupidly high to me being a Stern hater, unable to buy more games, and incapable of understanding that not everyone wants a lot games? really?

"Essentially what you're doing, is complaining that you can't own more pins". Really? you got that out of what I typed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-of-a-real-stern-star-trek?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.