(Topic ID: 63041)

Picture of a real STERN STAR TREK & REVIEW!!!!

By eXidy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SteveP3
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-09-16_at_10.53.16_PM..png
image.jpg
The-dude.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
MM_jon.jpg
WashMyEyesWithSoap.jpg
review.jpg
PCV.jpg
StarTrek-Pro-Detail-04.JPG
pf4.jpg
pf3.jpg
pf2.jpg
pf1.jpg
stpro4.jpg
stpro3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 10 years ago

Better yet ... how many of the 6 major and 18 mini modes were actually programmed? Any idea?

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I hope this is another hit for Sir Ritchie. I heard he has said "We NOT be let down at all".

Did he warn everyone that they would be let down by WPT?

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Ruin the hobby? Seriously? How exactly do you feel they are ruining the hobby? If y'all want to save us from evil Stern, tell us what will happen if we keep paying too much. What doom and gloom will befall our wondrous hobby?
And while you're explaining, tell us what will happen if we listen to you and stop buying the overpriced junk. Will prices plummet and quality soar? Is that what we're shooting for? Please elaborate.

Well, for one, you're encouraging them to build cheaper and cheaper crap while simultaneously raising prices. That alone sucks. But as people start to realize they can no longer resell their pins for what they paid for them (i.e. 8K!!) ... it can turn into a panic, people start trying to sell many games before losing their equity, and when people realize their current 8 pin collection may drop in value from 40K to 20K (i.e the "bubble" bursts) you create a panic and a selloff. Don't think that the pinball market isn't susceptible to the same issues as other markets. IMO Stern is very shortsighted by not fostering a healthy resell market.

#124 10 years ago

Chambahz, I don't mean to always come across as trying to rain on your parade. You're an LE buyer and the bottom line is, I do hope you enjoy your game. I'm sure it will be fun. But I am very concerned with the direction Stern is going and the impact it might (might) have on the hobby. I obviously feel at first glance that this pin is underwhelming with nothing new (my expectations for the "laser" show are low) and I do not see how in any way that the rules or "flow" can overcome what I'm looking at. You obviously love what you see and have bought. The biggest concern is whether we as consumers are encouraging to build cheaper and let Stern simultaneously fatten their own pockets at the hobby's expense. Only time will tell.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dgoett ......EXACTLY....I just opened this thread to see if anything cool about ST yet...kind of figured it would just be bickering, however.....really don't get it......something is only ( and always)worth what someone is willing to pay for it...this is my HOBBY, not an investment strategy

Unfortunately for many in this hobby .. they need their games to retain value in order to sell a game and buy a new title they really want more (upgrade or just exchange). The bubble bursting will end this. We'll be back to hoping at least one pinball company stays in business so we can salvage the remains of a game once it comes off of route. Glad it's your hobby and you could care less if you pay 8k for something and it drops to 5k or 6k in value a year later. But for others ... retaining value/equity matters a lot. I can't think of anything that will end people's interest in supporting this hobby faster than this. Don't tell me people do not buy certain titles because they feel good it will at least maintain its value (if not go up). Stern has essentially just asked you to take on a significant more risk to your purchase. This is the catalyst for a bubble bursting .. if this game doesn't turn out amazing (highly collectible and worth every bit of 8k) ... what happens then? 799 pinball collectors just say "oh well, don't care, I like it" and get ready to purchase the next title? I don't think so.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

You do realize you don't ever have to own a pinball machine to enjoy this hobby? Many actually do it this way, believe it or not. Collectors losing their ass on pinball machines won't affect the players at all. Collectors who never sell never lose their ass. You could go many directions with this, etc.

You do realize it is the home collectors/buyers that have really revitalized this hobby don't you? I'm pretty sure it's not because ops are suddenly making money again on pins in their arcades. Why would you risk (yes, obviously my opinion that this is what they're doing) hurting the home collector/buyer market?

I would also be very curious to know how ops feel about paying $6500 for a 'premium' version of a game to have on their route. How much risk do they feel is involved in recouping their cost at this price point. Can they only afford to take a chance on a 'Pro' version? This 'Pro' in particular seems to have so much less than the premium addition compared to past pins.

#190 10 years ago

Comments regarding code on past titles is fair. However, I don't recall Stern ever advertising in advance the exact number of modes that would be in a game like they are doing with ST? 6 main modes and 18 mini-modes. If you put that in your advertising you better damn well deliver before you get hit with a "false advertising" claim. Now, how long it takes them to complete that code is a different story ..

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Indeed. Lights up and looks like it does in the movie. Talks ("KHAAANNNNN!"). A winner.

But that's the really old looking Enterprise, right? The pin is based on the new movies and the Enterprise looks more modern, no?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craz4pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-of-a-real-stern-star-trek?tu=craz4pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.