(Topic ID: 63041)

Picture of a real STERN STAR TREK & REVIEW!!!!

By eXidy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SteveP3
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_Shot_2013-09-16_at_10.53.16_PM..png
image.jpg
The-dude.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
MM_jon.jpg
WashMyEyesWithSoap.jpg
review.jpg
PCV.jpg
StarTrek-Pro-Detail-04.JPG
pf4.jpg
pf3.jpg
pf2.jpg
pf1.jpg
stpro4.jpg
stpro3.jpg

There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 6 years ago

For me, the similarity to SM is a huge plus. I've always loved the gameplay on SM - I went looking for one 2 years ago and ended up with an IM instead. Now for what I would have to pay for a bone-stock used SM, I can buy a brand new ST Pro, with a shaker and FF speakers. Plus the upgraded DMD and hi-res cabinet art...

So yeah, I can see why SM owners would be unhappy. If I owned a SM, I'd have zero interest in ST.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Oh, and I did miss:
TRON is just a stripped down version of Congo!

Fixed that for ya!

#103 6 years ago

I ordered an Le, and looking more and more forward to it! Like Goatdan said, with a combo of SM and STTNG i'm sure it will rock in the flow/game department. So code and sound is key here!

I have played Shrek and TFY mutiple times, and these two are EXACT copies of each other. And never has it bothered me one minute, the sound and rules give the game it's needed change.
And i know many others who think the same. Some people really underestimate the importance of these two things. If a pin can get me in the "zone" where i forget everything, then it will stay for a very long time in my collection.

#104 6 years ago

review.jpg

Here is a review from my friend who took those pix:

Star Trek pinball i thought was excellent, played fast great lighting, one of the most solid feeling as far as manufacturing machines I've Played. it's
They made the back of the back box metal, change the tilt of it to get rid of reflection. Ramp sections set up very well, no issues with balls getting stuck as opposed to the hulk LE that I was playing. They must have changed something in the manufacturing cause there was such a noticeable difference in how the machine felt so much more well built than any of the pins they had in the arcade area
Not a big Star Trek fan, was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

#105 6 years ago

How was the sound... Animations... Video....

Any video??

#106 6 years ago

Better yet ... how many of the 6 major and 18 mini modes were actually programmed? Any idea?

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

I have played Shrek and TFY mutiple times,

WTF is TFY?

#108 6 years ago

Lol! Sorry i meant FGY.

#109 6 years ago

I hope this is another hit for Sir Ritchie. I heard he has said "We NOT be let down at all".

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I hope this is another hit for Sir Ritchie. I heard he has said "We NOT be let down at all".

Did he warn everyone that they would be let down by WPT?

#111 6 years ago

more clearcoat them previous LE"s?

#112 6 years ago

I actually hear mostly good things on WPT.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

I think that is a great question - however IMO it is better asked after we see game play video... the old saying "a picture says a thousand words" was said before video cameras were invented!
Video will help many answer your question... of course nothing beats actually playing!

No, it is about where the money is going into the machines. Many EMS and early SS games have great gameplay and cool layouts--doesn't make them worth thousands of dollars. New themes photoshopped on a tired platform with rehashed layouts and ever-cheapening components, yet the prices are being jacked up. I'll pass. And like many others, I think people who blindly buy into this product sight unseen are being foolish with their $$$ and ruining the hobby by supporting unwarranted price inflation. YMMV

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

And like many others, I think people who blindly buy into this product sight unseen are being foolish with their $$$ and ruining the hobby by supporting unwarranted price inflation. YMMV

As long as Stern sells out to dealers none of that matters.

#115 6 years ago

eXidy,

Any word on whether the sound is clips from movie, soundalikes, etc.? Inquiring minds want to know

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I think people who blindly buy into this product sight unseen are being foolish with their $$$ and ruining the hobby by supporting unwarranted price inflation. YMMV

How about this: you can continue to enjoy all the pins already out there. You may even get one of these after awhile at a price you're comfortable with.
Those of us seeking NIB pins with new toys, lights, etc, are going to buy a few.
That ok with you?

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think anyone shelling out the money they are asking for this game WITHOUT PLAYING IT is f^&k*** insane. These people are the reason this hobby has gotten so goddam expensive.
Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

1) Profanity edited fail. Need to finish the job.
2) Taylor, did you read this before you posted it? Really? The WOZ you bought? Hello????

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How about this: you can continue to enjoy all the pins already out there. You may even get one of these after awhile at a price you're comfortable with.
Those of us seeking NIB pins with new toys, lights, etc, are going to buy a few.
That ok with you?

Sure, you can spend your money on sterns rehashed shit product and they will be glad to continue to produce them for you. The problem is that they will run out of people to buy said shit product after a while.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Sure, you can spend your money on sterns rehashed shit product and they will be glad to continue to produce them for you. The problem is that they will run out of people to buy said shit product after a while.

Sure - you can call it shit, when you won't even publish what games you have in your collection - my bet is there is some stinky pinball machines in there...

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I think people who blindly buy into this product sight unseen are being foolish with their $$$ and ruining the hobby by supporting unwarranted price inflation.

Ruin the hobby? Seriously? How exactly do you feel they are ruining the hobby? If y'all want to save us from evil Stern, tell us what will happen if we keep paying too much. What doom and gloom will befall our wondrous hobby?

And while you're explaining, tell us what will happen if we listen to you and stop buying the overpriced junk. Will prices plummet and quality soar? Is that what we're shooting for? Please elaborate.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So... Stern makes "shit product", which clearly you would never buy.
Some of us disagree and enjoy it.
That ruins things for you?
Tell you what: go play the older titles that you enjoy, and stay out of the threads on here that are related to Stern games.
Oh; I have some terrible news for you: type in "JJP" and check out what he's charging for a pinball all about munchkins.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Ruin the hobby? Seriously? How exactly do you feel they are ruining the hobby? If y'all want to save us from evil Stern, tell us what will happen if we keep paying too much. What doom and gloom will befall our wondrous hobby?
And while you're explaining, tell us what will happen if we listen to you and stop buying the overpriced junk. Will prices plummet and quality soar? Is that what we're shooting for? Please elaborate.

Well, for one, you're encouraging them to build cheaper and cheaper crap while simultaneously raising prices. That alone sucks. But as people start to realize they can no longer resell their pins for what they paid for them (i.e. 8K!!) ... it can turn into a panic, people start trying to sell many games before losing their equity, and when people realize their current 8 pin collection may drop in value from 40K to 20K (i.e the "bubble" bursts) you create a panic and a selloff. Don't think that the pinball market isn't susceptible to the same issues as other markets. IMO Stern is very shortsighted by not fostering a healthy resell market.

#123 6 years ago

Game looks really nice! I don't care about the DMD, its not going to have an LCD or anything like that. I'm over that possibility and moving on to how I can purchase one

#124 6 years ago

Chambahz, I don't mean to always come across as trying to rain on your parade. You're an LE buyer and the bottom line is, I do hope you enjoy your game. I'm sure it will be fun. But I am very concerned with the direction Stern is going and the impact it might (might) have on the hobby. I obviously feel at first glance that this pin is underwhelming with nothing new (my expectations for the "laser" show are low) and I do not see how in any way that the rules or "flow" can overcome what I'm looking at. You obviously love what you see and have bought. The biggest concern is whether we as consumers are encouraging to build cheaper and let Stern simultaneously fatten their own pockets at the hobby's expense. Only time will tell.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Well, for one, you're encouraging them to build cheaper and cheaper crap while simultaneously raising prices. That alone sucks. But as people start to realize they can no longer resell their pins for what they paid for them (i.e. 8K!!) ... it can turn into a panic, people start trying to sell many games before losing their equity, and when people realize their current 8 pin collection may drop in value from 40K to 20K (i.e the "bubble" bursts) you create a panic and a selloff. Don't think the pinball market isn't susceptible to the same issues as other markets. IMO Stern is very shortsighted by not fostering a healthy resell market.

Can you explain this a little for me, cause I don't get it.
You don't like Stern quality -ok.
So... we should stop buying them, and the company will be forced to use better quality parts?
Cause what I figure is that pins today don't even need the same quality as they used to, since most aren't routed anymore. Don't get me wrong, I want my machine to continue working, but it doesn't need to last for another 20 years in my opinion. If Stern is forced to build pins like WOZ, you can bet THEN that there will be higher prices, fewer pin buyers, and a smaller market.
What do you think about the Pros? I find that too many people write them off because they don't have all the bells and whistles that the Premiums and LEs have -but a Pro ACDC or Tron around $5000 (Canadian $), is a pretty good option in today's market. For a NIB? Hell, you could spend a lot more than that on an older title that's maybe going to cause you nothing but grief, requiring all sorts of repairs.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I beg to differ. I think anyone shelling out the money they are asking for this game WITHOUT PLAYING IT is f^&k*** insane. These people are the reason this hobby has gotten so goddam expensive.
Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

WTF are you talking about?

This is a thread showing pictures of a Star Trek pro. There is no big price increase on the pro!

All this hysteria by people like you is just cracking me up. Stern and the hobbyists who are buying this are ruining the hobby! Give me a f'in break.

You can buy the Premium model of Star Trek, NIB, for $100.00 more than MET Premium.

OMFG the sky is falling! "These people". WTF Taylor? I'm pretty sure the only NIB pin you've ever bought was WOZ. How did the price of your WOZ standard compare to what you can get Star Trek Premium for? I think you are part of the problem!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But as people start to realize they can no longer resell their pins for what they paid for them (i.e. 8K!!) ... it can turn into a panic, people start trying to sell many games before losing their equity, and when people realize their current 8 pin collection may drop in value from 40K to 20K (i.e the "bubble" bursts) you create a panic and a selloff. Don't think that the pinball market isn't susceptible to the same issues as other markets. IMO Stern is very shortsighted by not fostering a healthy resell market.

So it's all about the money for you. I see. That's not how it is for me. If the home market collapsed and we all had to go back to playing on location, 'the hobby' would be a lot better off IMO. Can't wait.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They said the same for the insane prices for all pins, used and new since 2010 when they starting jacking up. Guess what? nothing has stopped it yet. Still waiting for the pin market to crash....

#129 6 years ago

Well just made my decision, I'm getting an LE. I was going to get a premium but here in Canada the price difference is only $800. Prices here are as follows

Premium = $8,200 all in
LE = $9,000 all in

So just put my order in for an LE, yah! But I'm having to sacrifice three of my pins to do it .

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well just made my decision, I'm getting an LE. I was going to get a premium but here in Canada the price difference is only $800. Prices here are as follows
Premium = $8,200 all in
LE = $9,000 all in
So just put my order in for an LE, yah! But I'm having to sacrifice three of my pins to do it .

Yeah, I was in the same boat. The Premium model is usually fine by me but this time around, there's such little difference in price. Might as well buy the nicer looking one with the shaker!

#131 6 years ago

I think it's going to look great next to TRON. playfield looks fast. Still waiting for more info.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Well, for one, you're encouraging them to build cheaper and cheaper crap while simultaneously raising prices. That alone sucks. But as people start to realize they can no longer resell their pins for what they paid for them (i.e. 8K!!) ... it can turn into a panic, people start trying to sell many games before losing their equity, and when people realize their current 8 pin collection may drop in value from 40K to 20K (i.e the "bubble" bursts) you create a panic and a selloff. Don't think that the pinball market isn't susceptible to the same issues as other markets. IMO Stern is very shortsighted by not fostering a healthy resell market.

Even if that whole load of shit was true who cares? What other product can you use for a year and put it back up for sale between 80 percent and 150 percent of what you paid for it and have multiple people waiting to buy it. With a normal product it you used it and got half your money back you did well.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

If the home market collapsed and we all had to go back to playing on location, 'the hobby' would be a lot better off IMO. Can't wait.

Yeah, can't wait to go back to searching out pinball machines that end up looking & playing like crap 90% of the time. I salute the collectors in my area that love the hobby and open their homes to other enthusiasts. If the home market collapsed, we'd be in deep shit. Be careful what you wish for!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

Put my deposit down for an LE, but have to say, little underwhelmed. If there was ever a time for Stern to wow us with an LCD or something groundbreaking, this was it. I won't be putting any more deposits down. Sorry, but i gotta say to Gary Stern..."COME ON MAN!".

Wow, throwing close to 9K at them... way to stick it to the man. I am sure they are hurting

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

TRON is just a stripped down version of Fun House! Why would anyone want to get that!? It SUCKS!

Well, we got THAT one right...

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

WTF are you talking about?
This is a thread showing pictures of a Star Trek pro. There is no big price increase on the pro!
All this hysteria by people like you is just cracking me up. Stern and the hobbyists who are buying this are ruining the hobby! Give me a f'in break.
You can buy the Premium model of Star Trek, NIB, for $100.00 more than MET Premium.
OMFG the sky is falling! "These people". WTF Taylor? I'm pretty sure the only NIB pin you've ever bought was WOZ. How did the price of your WOZ standard compare to what you can get Star Trek Premium for? I think you are part of the problem!

I would have never shelled out the money for WOZ. I got my game in a trade and feel that I got a very good value for a B/W title that has gone up significantly in recent years.

I have no idea what you can get a Stern Premium for. 4k? 5? Still seems like a lot of money to dump for not much of anything.

Quoted from chessiv:1) Profanity edited fail. Need to finish the job.
2) Taylor, did you read this before you posted it? Really? The WOZ you bought? Hello????

"Profanity edited fail". I love the overuse of the term "fail". well played.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

May be true but they are earning like crazy at my location so I will continue to buy them

Fair enough but wouldn't you rather see the prices of the tables reflect the BOS?

Quoted from phishrace:You may be right, but judging a new game based solely on pictures is even more insane. You have no grounds to bash the game. In pinball, pictures don't mean jack. They never have and they never will. By condemning the game based only on pictures, you lower yourself even lower than the blind LE buyers IMO. You are a superficial hater. The worst kind of hater.
I look forward to your review of the game in the future. Really.
Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity in quote edited

I'm not bashing the game, I'm bashing the hobbyist buying it. If I didn't make that clear I do apologize. There is no way to judge a game until the code is finished which is exactly what is said in what you have quoted. I didn't bash any visual aspect of this game. Didn't mention trim color, DMD, playfield, plastics, cab, etc.

Where is the superficiality in stating the obvious that it just seems to be three plastic ramps and a magnet(might not be in pro)? Worst kind of hater? Laughable.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

You nailed it, coming from someone that has over 22 plus years of successful business experience. I would not only agree with you (I was just having a conversation about this a few days ago). I would also add that if people lose money on selling a Stern NIB that is now a HUO game... lets say a few hundred to about $900, it has not hurt or affected the hobby. unfortunately, I believe, if people start losing 1 to 2 grand when they have to sell, people will probably change their buying behaviors dramatically. Its not about making money but people tend to change their line up often. Hobbyists tend to also sell a Stern game to make way for the next New Stern game. The possibility of actually losing a couple grand on one transaction will have a not so nice ripple effect on the hobby.

I will not say STNG is better than the new STLE, but how many STNG's can you get for one STLE, now..... 3?? and I had one with all the Bob Frystak mods.... STNG LE

Just my opinion, and if you take that and add a dollar you can get a cup of coffee....
Scott
Detroit Pinball

#139 6 years ago

Dark Roast!

MM_jon.jpg

#140 6 years ago

Nothing like lounging on a pinball enjoying a dark roast.

#141 6 years ago

That's a classic! Dark roast... funny!

Its not even mine and I'm thinking "Get your shoe off the @#*!ing MM"!!!

And nice Joust in the back ground!

#142 6 years ago

The lighting makes the game look a lot nicer. Hope we see more reviews in the next few days. Is the pro going to be released this week ?

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I would have never shelled out the money for WOZ. I got my game in a trade and feel that I got a very good value for a B/W title that has gone up significantly in recent years.

I have no idea what you can get a Stern Premium for. 4k? 5? Still seems like a lot of money to dump for not much of anything.

Wow. Seriously? What difference does it make if you traded something that was WORTH $6500.00 (or whatever the cost of your WOZ was) to get your WOZ instead of paying cash? Assuming you got market value for your pin, it is exactly the same as you "shelling out the money for WOZ". Do you seriously not understand this?

Or are you saying that you screwed somebody over and got way more value on your B/W than it was worth? Because really, that's the only way that your statement above makes any sense at all.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Am I wrong for saying that you should be on your knees, thanking Stern for being the only company out there making pins in this dollar range? For the price, you can get an AMAZING game for your home. One that very likely won't even depreciate very much over a number of months.
If it weren't for Stern, I'd be surprised if JJP would have been able to do what he's doing right now.
Like them or not, Stern creates pins, excites the hobbyists, and keeps pinball alive for many of us who aren't interested in learning what it takes to fix 20+yr old machines.

What I see right now is that there are B/M fans who for whatever reason, don't like Stern. Fair enough. That's your right. The thing is, if you don't like Stern or their pins, then why rain of other people's parade? We're not hurting your pinball collection. Keep on doing what you prefer.
What's absolutely ridiculous is that there are so many people who can't fathom the idea of owning just a few machines. They have to have a full room of them. That's your right too, but consider the total dollar amount that you have invested. Once again, I have 2 machines at most times. 7k for ACDC, 9k for StarTrek LE. 16k total.
If the total value of your pins is greater than that, you should quit complaining about the cost of a NIB machine. Cause you can afford them too. Essentially what you're doing, is complaining that you can't own more pins. Waaaah!

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Sure - you can call it shit, when you won't even publish what games you have in your collection - my bet is there is some stinky pinball machines in there...

Let me see, why there is a CC a MM a TZ a SM a Creech a FH a WW a ES a WH20 a TAF a STTNG and a Roadshow. How many of those can you call stinky.

#146 6 years ago

Where is the damn review for the game. If you are going to put it in the thread title, you better include it! A picture is not a review!

#147 6 years ago

You guys are arguing too much

Here, enjoy my new cooking shoes.

It took 2 pairs to make this happen

image.jpg

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Let me see, why there is a CC a MM a TZ a SM a Creech a FH a WW a ES a WH20 a TAF a STTNG and a roadshow.

Cookie cutters. Explains everything now

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

No. Whether you like what JJP is doing or not, at least you can see where the money is going on a JJP game. I love Stern games, but I don't wee where my money is going here. Do you?

It's going into proper playfield general illumination.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So... Stern makes "shit product", which clearly you would never buy.
Some of us disagree and enjoy it.
That ruins things for you?
Tell you what: go play the older titles that you enjoy, and stay out of the threads on here that are related to Stern games.
Oh; I have some terrible news for you: type in "JJP" and check out what he's charging for a pinball all about munchkins.

It doesn't ruin it for me, not really , as I have a full room and don't need any more. But I would like to see a Stern game hit the market that I would like to buy in case I want a change. They havnt put out anything I would want in a long long time. The quality goes down, the put out the same design over and over and the price goes up and as long as you guys continue to climb all over each other to buy it he will continue along the same path. Oh, and Jacks game may be about munchkins but the quality is there and it isn't another fan layout. I skipped the 2nd because I don't care for the Hobbit and he doesn't have the first game out but I bet you I buy the 3rd and there wont be a Stern game out that I want before it comes out either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside