(Topic ID: 63041)

Picture of a real STERN STAR TREK & REVIEW!!!!

By eXidy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SteveP3
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_Shot_2013-09-16_at_10.53.16_PM..png
image.jpg
The-dude.jpg
th.jpeg
image.jpg
MM_jon.jpg
WashMyEyesWithSoap.jpg
review.jpg
PCV.jpg
StarTrek-Pro-Detail-04.JPG
pf4.jpg
pf3.jpg
pf2.jpg
pf1.jpg
stpro4.jpg
stpro3.jpg

There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 6 years ago

Not sure if any have been posted yet

stpro.jpg stpro2.jpg stpro3.jpg stpro4.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks good!

#3 6 years ago

Nice

Does it really have that weird speaker box?

Edit: Thanks for uploading more pics sir

#4 6 years ago

Nice pic of the pro!

Is that at Stern I assume?

#5 6 years ago

Nice lighting, and that's just the Pro! Thanks for posting.

#6 6 years ago

Did you play it? What was the code like?

#7 6 years ago

Pretty bright
Cant wait to own this one.

#8 6 years ago

Lookin good. Thank you for posting the pictures.

LTG : )

#9 6 years ago

I wish stern would post pictures of the real deal to begin with

The fancy videos and CG renderings don't sell the game to me

#10 6 years ago

Does look way better in person, I hope its a good game.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics!

#12 6 years ago

I don't care for the speaker panel on the pro... The LE looks waaay better!

#13 6 years ago

some more pix.

pf1.jpg pf2.jpg pf3.jpg pf4.jpg

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for posting , I want to play one soon .

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow I don't care for the speaker panel on the pro... The LE looks waaay better!

It's the same.

But shiny!

Wooooooooh!

rd.

#16 6 years ago

Playfield looks great lit up!

#17 6 years ago

EXidy did you play it?

#18 6 years ago

I'm interested.

#19 6 years ago

What's wrong with the speaker panel? Looks clean and 50's "modern". Cool.

#20 6 years ago

Looks nice! Thanks for sharing.

#21 6 years ago

so, who is this guy playing, someone find this guy, we need a review, what's the gameplay like!!!

colors from the leds look very good and bright.

#22 6 years ago

Pro's look really nice. But the Premium may be the way to go. Thanks for the Pics.

#23 6 years ago

How about.................some gameplay video from Stern, thx for posting pics!

#24 6 years ago

That speaker pane leaves room for improvement. can't help but to think it was meant to look different and have something else in there!

#25 6 years ago

Apart from the speaker panel it looks fantastic. Also, why is Gregg Norman playing pins at Stern?

#26 6 years ago

My friend Jeff was at Stern today and said he played the game and loved it. Sent me the photos

#27 6 years ago

Oh cool i didn't see the "spidy sense" shot...always a good one. Classic SR left hole shot.
Not a huge fan of the look for the red enterprise inserts/Devil Horns/Cross that Stern is into now. Don't know why and not a big deal though.
Bottom is giving me a somewhat connection to JM which I don't like either. Pics are just pics though...i'll check it out in a couple weeks in person.

#28 6 years ago

I am ready and willing to be converted back into a buyer, but I am going to have to get my hands on one first. I just hope someone within a reasonable driving distance will provide that opportunity.

#29 6 years ago

Not gonna lie, that PF looks actually really great in the first pic. My first reaction may have been very wrong.

#30 6 years ago

Not liking the red DMD
Stern really has disappointed me by not making Star Trek their first game with LCD display.
My only hope now will be if someone like Color DMD will make a color display like I have on my STTNG pin.
Red DMD, red sucks, blue would have been better, color even better, LCD it should have been. At this point the Star Field Projector is the only thing left that might save grace.

#31 6 years ago

I have to admit I was hoping for their new "wide" dmd, but it didnt happen. Either way, im still interested in this pin and hope its a good game. I didnt like the XMEN or the AVENGERS games, and I bought both.

#32 6 years ago

Nice Jon-Can't wait for mine(;

#33 6 years ago

Anybody else notice that the Vengence isn't painted on these like it was in the press release photos. This looks like a flat grey ship...... :-/

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Anybody else notice that the Vengence isn't painted on these like it was in the press release photos. This looks like a flat grey ship...... :-/

Yeah, that kind of sucks. It looks cheaper with no detailing.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

These are pics of the pro. Prem/LE might be a little different since it has a different feature.

#36 6 years ago

Yup....that's a modern Stern.

This is what a star trek pin should look like:

My god, what you people pay for (let them sell you) nowadays......

#37 6 years ago

sorry man but I was never a fan of STTNG it just has no shots up front; the stern one looks like a much better shooter

#38 6 years ago

lol...

I guess that would mean more if you didn't have a single pin in your collection that wasn't more than an art swap.

#39 6 years ago

Sorry guys but I think your crazy to pay $8000 for this rehashed fan layout piece of shit. At least with TRS you can bash Mic's ugly ass.

#40 6 years ago

probably the poor lighting does that.

this is the pro from stern's website, i doubt it's gonna be different.

StarTrek-Pro-Detail-04.JPG

#41 6 years ago

Game is shockingly uninspiring.

#42 6 years ago

The game looks pretty cool. I didn't like the playfield artwork at first but I've since warmed up to it. I think its awesome that the game is going to have missions and I can see the team doing some cool work with code. It would be cool if the rules allowed for variations in mission difficultly based on how many weapons and shields you earn before starting the mission as that could provide a risk reward element of going straight into a mission less equipped and therefore more difficult to complete it or fully equipped and have a little easier time.

However, I just don't see $8k in parts for the LE and close to $7k for the Premium. Toy and feature wise ST Premium and LE are lacking in my opinion compared to ACDC and Metallica Premium / LE which cost less upon release. It annoys me a bit to think that toys and features may have been left out to result in a higher profit margin for the game.

#43 6 years ago

Wow - I wonder if that ship shakes? Cool feature!! This thing is just chock full of all new innovations....

#44 6 years ago

I must admit, I think it looks way better in those pics of the PF than the teaser video made it look but I still feel it's just too much for too little....

#45 6 years ago

I'm working on a $1400 DW that has 3x the amount of stuff that this game does. Mind blowing how 3 cheap ramps and a couple of targets command this kind of money and crazier that people a BUYING IT without playing it!! WTF is wrong with people.

#46 6 years ago

You know, it's possible to express how you don't care for this machine without implying that anyone who likes it is f***ing stupid. People have different tastes and priorities. I happen to prefer Williams/Bally games over Sterns, but that doesn't mean people who like it the other way around are morons.

#47 6 years ago

LOL Metallica's design called. It wants its pinball back.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know, it's possible to express how you don't care for this machine without implying that anyone who likes it is f***ing stupid. People have different tastes and priorities. I happen to prefer Williams/Bally games over Sterns, but that doesn't mean people who like it the other way around are morons.

I beg to differ. I think anyone shelling out the money they are asking for this game WITHOUT PLAYING IT is f^&k*** insane. These people are the reason this hobby has gotten so goddam expensive.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

IT is fuck*** insane.

We appreciate the asterisks in your post. It's nice when someone doesn't have to completely spell out the bad words, but still allows us to understand the meaning.

#50 6 years ago

We have all played it, in 1 form or another

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside