You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN6448.JPG
DSCN6447.JPG
DSCN6449.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Can anyone post some good quality pictures of the J115, J120 and J121 GI connectors on the driver board? I'm trying to figure out what someone did wrong and it looks right to the book/schematics but I still have an issue or two. I know my J115 is not wired right for sure but I'd still like to see pictures of all three if anyone can please take the time to do so.

Thanks,
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#3 10 years ago

Yeah that helps a little but now I'd like to see a picture of whats correct, would Gilligan's Island be the same thing only maybe a different color wire was substituted from the factory maybe ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#4 10 years ago

The wire colors are standard on all WPC pins for J120/J121.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

The wire colors are standard on all WPC pins for J120/J121.

Kinda what I thought but looked into my Gilligan last night and something's different, including wire color and position of the wires. But basically the positions of the wires should be the same, correct? Regardless of color. I think I can figure this out based on that confirmation.

Another stupid question: The 115 connector with the yellow wires, Why is the wire from say pin 8 going back out and back out to pin 7 ? Was this to disipate the heat or something ? Why not just jumper it on the back of the board ? Or put the wire into just one pin and not the other ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#6 10 years ago

This thing is a mess. Someone hook me up with pictures of all three of those connectors from another Party Zone, PLEASE. I'm looking in Gilligan and its totally different, Funhouse is about the closest thing I've seen but I want to see what another actual PZ is supposed to look like.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi
269-979-3836

#7 10 years ago

In that photo, the wires on pins 10-11 on J121 are swapped. However, that won't matter to the connection.

From that thread:

"The other thing wrong in the pic is J120 - the white/yellow wire should be on pin 9, not pin 10 so it's piggybacking on the return."

I can try taking pix tomorrow for you if no one else has done so by then. Have a New Year's party to throw...

viperrwk

#8 10 years ago

Not familiar at all with this game. Should the RED lights be on all the time or only during a multiball ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#9 10 years ago

Should the red lights be on during the attract mode ??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#10 10 years ago

Still need pictures of all three connectors if anyone can help ?

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Still need pictures of all three connectors if anyone can help ?

Bump.

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 10 years ago

As requested.

J115
DSCN6449.JPGDSCN6449.JPG

J120
DSCN6447.JPGDSCN6447.JPG

J121
DSCN6448.JPGDSCN6448.JPG

These were typically hacked and bad when I got it - repinned, eyelet repair, new connectors, etc.

viperrwk

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not familiar at all with this game. Should the RED lights be on all the time or only during a multiball ?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

No, only during Big Bang, not in attract mode.

viperrwk

#14 10 years ago

Thanks Viper. Very interesting. Your 115 connector is not jumpered from pin to pin. Is this actually from a PZ ? You also have different tracers on those yellow wires then mine.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

No, only during Big Bang, not in attract mode.
viperrwk

See now I've had someone else tell me that the red lights are on all the time and never go off, but the regular GI lights go off during Multiball. Mine I have yet to see anything of them turn off during multiball, but everything works 100% during the different GI test and they all turn on and off with each test so I dont think there is a board/triac issue. Very strange.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thanks Viper. Very interesting. Your 115 connector is not jumpered from pin to pin. Is this actually from a PZ ? You also have different tracers on those yellow wires then mine.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Yes - this is from a PZ - just took these photos for you...

Running diagnostics I don't have any issues - all lights work as they should.

viperrwk

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Yes - this is from a PZ - just took these photos for you...
Running diagnostics I don't have any issues - all lights work as they should.
viperrwk

Yeah my PZ runs perfect in the test as well. I've seen the regular GI lights flash on and off during a multiball but not stay off while just the reds are lit. Is it possible to get a three ball multiball going on this game ?
Thanks for the pics and all your help so far, you've been a huge help !!

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#18 10 years ago

You can take a secondary harness from a TZ, and put it in a PZ, or pretty much any game with a WPC-89 board. An original PZ would have all yellow / yellow with white tracers at J115.

Those colors don't look original to any WPC games, it's possible someone built a new harness, or replaced the wiring in the harness, too.

J115 and J120 both clearly are not original. But, they are pinned correctly.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Should the red lights be on during the attract mode ??
John P. Dayhuff

The entire playfield lights-up in red ONLY after the player has achieved the BIG-BANG jackpot. This is obtained only when you are in multi-ball and only after you have filled up with ROCK-IT FUEL, and then fired a ball up the ROCK-IT RAMP. Once you score the BIG-BANG the illumination of the playfield is purely by red lights and the Jimi Hendrix Experience song 'Purple Haze' is played for the duration. There is NO other way to have purely red lighting.

If you need any more images of the connectors on the WPC board, let me know, but i think the images here already are higher definition than i can offer.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Is it possible to get a three ball multiball going on this game ?John P. Dayhuff

The Party Zone is only a 2-Ball multi-ball. Im pretty sure that it is not possible to induce a 3-Ball multi-ball. If you did manage it, you'd be playing a different game.
Originally i thought that a 2-Ball multi-ball was short of the mark ... but it isn't. The game would be a bit crowded with all 3-Balls on the playfield at once. Even with the 2-Ball multi-ball things can get a bit crowded, and it isn't that easy to keep the pair of balls alive.

Multi-ball can be achieved in a couple of ways, and to earn a 2nd or 3rd multi-ball in one game is fairly easily achieved, (unless the Captain B.Zarr saucer shot throws the ball down the guts).
If anyone has worked out a 3-Ball multi-ball, i'd be interested to try it, but i think it would be overkill on The Party Zone machine. To make the existing multi-ball experience more interesting i add 2 or 3 different balls to the machine, (like 1 silver, 1 black and 1 golden ball).

#21 10 years ago

When the Big Bang is first lit and you make the shot up the ramp with the first ball, is it supposed to wait for the second ball to go up the ramp too before it gives you the jackpot? So in other words are BOTH balls supposed to sitting at that back VUK to score the jackpot ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#22 10 years ago

Laser Beam has it right. No three ball multiball only two (though the game requires three balls to be installed.) And the red GI only comes on in Big Bang. Mine is non-fliptronic and I'm running M-3 ROM code (patched for LEDs non trivial task.)

viperrwk

#23 10 years ago

Anyone have an idea of what's the point of installing 3 balls?

I have a very clean example here at home, if anymore pictures are needed I can help you guys out.

Phil

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

When the Big Bang is first lit and you make the shot up the ramp with the first ball, is it supposed to wait for the second ball to go up the ramp too before it gives you the jackpot? So in other words are BOTH balls supposed to sitting at that back VUK to score the jackpot ?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, there are two switches at the end of the ramp - sw 41 for the back ball popper and sw31 which is the back ramp switch. After you shoot the first ball up there it sits in the popper and waits until sw31 is tripped to award the Big Bang. Now I know on my game both switches work in test but I've never gotten the Big Bang (I'm not that good a player!) - closest I came was locking one ball before draining.

I should also clarify something that I had forgotten - the regular playfield GI lights turn off and the red playfield GI lights come on for every visit you make to the Cosmic Cottage (Party Animals, Party Monsters, Party Dudes) besides the Big Bang.

viperrwk

#25 10 years ago

Finally got the RED light issue figured out. Probably half of the red condoms were missing so it appeared that the regular GI bulbs never went off, when in fact the lights that were still on were actually more RED lights that just didn't have the condoms on them. Simple fix and I'm back in business. Thanks.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

4 weeks later
#26 10 years ago

Does anyone have a map of which lights are supposed to have the condoms and which do not?

Nevermind, I found the red light menu in the lamp test.

Edit: Wow, what a difference in the light show the red lights make. Holy cow this game is a seizure waiting to happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-needed-of-party-zone-connectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.