3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    dsc00790.jpg
    dsc00804.jpg
    dsc00789.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I went to the York Pinball Show Friday (10-9-2015). It was a good show considering many vendors and pinball people are gearing up for Expo next week.

More pics and the rest of the story here :

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/10/09/york-pinball-show-2015/

dsc00789.jpg

dsc00804.jpg

dsc00790.jpg

#2 3 years ago

Thank you !
    LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Great line up of Freeplay Machines and a good crowd today when I was their around lunch time. Sadly I could only stay a couple hours but Rich & his crew have done it again!

Thanks to all who brought Freeplay Machines - without people bringing their machines the pinball comunity couldn't have shows. (Except for maybe at Clay's VFW). And talk about a line up of great titles this year at York! Lots of "A" list machines as well as plenty of EM's and other stuff.

Looks like Flea Market area might have been rained out around 4:30 or 5 PM today and it was a little wet early but things seemed to be doing pretty good outside also when I was shopping.

Tomorrow should be a great day weather wise and if even 75% of the machines that were their today are still their tomorrow it should be another great day. So if you are within driving distance and are on the fence I say don't miss it!

Thanks again to everyone who made this another York Show to remember!

#4 3 years ago

Anyone know how bad the rain was at York this afternoon and what time it hit? I live about an hour west and most of the storm missed us but some places locally got pounded. I was just wondering how lucky or unlucky the guys at the flea market were?

Weather was still clean when I hit the road towards home around 2 PM but I no sooner got home and the rain hit here. I know storm was moving west to east so I figure it had to be after about 4 PM when it hit York but still was curious how everyone made out.

#5 3 years ago

It poured at york for around a hr definitely ruined the flea market but otherwise great show . Got to play cactus canyon, 4 mm, 3 tom, cp, bunch woz and amh pins . Great show and pins and lots great deals

#6 3 years ago

From what I saw prices on machines in Freeplay area looked good and there were some great deals out at the flea market. I came home with a van load and am still thinking about trying to run back later today if I can find the time. I'll bet there will be some great deals this afternoon!

#7 3 years ago

Hmm, I must have been at a different show or I went too early on friday.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from tiltmonster:

Hmm, I must have been at a different show or I went too early on friday.

I guess prices really just depend on what you were looking at. There were a couple EM's in the back corner that seemed to be fully working and look decent for $300 each (one was a Gottlieb Domino Wedgehead and I don't remember the other one) - I don't ever remember seeing a decent working machine at a show for $300.

I saw a Firepower for $750 that looked as nice as one I sold a couple years ago for $900 and I thought I was cheap at $900 when I sold mine. There was a pretty nice Silverball Mania for $700 (to me that is an $850 to $900 game all day long). And several others that I don't remember.

Lots of great newer titles but I really didn't pay much attention to prices on those but I know some seemed pretty reasonable for 1st day of show prices.

Out at the Flea Market there were a couple vendors selling at prices I found hard to pass up. I guess that is why I came home with a full van!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Anyone know how bad the rain was at York this afternoon and what time it hit? I live about an hour west and most of the storm missed us but some places locally got pounded. I was just wondering how lucky or unlucky the guys at the flea market were?
    Weather was still clean when I hit the road towards home around 2 PM but I no sooner got home and the rain hit here. I know storm was moving west to east so I figure it had to be after about 4 PM when it hit York but still was curious how everyone made out.

Everyone saw it coming, so the flea market guys got everything stowed in plenty of time. It rained hard for a while, but cleared up nicely.
    Most of the flea market guys kept it shut until the next morning and Saturday was beautiful.

#10 3 years ago

I went Friday, early afternoon. Great cross-section of games. Friendly people and mostly good prices. I was hoping for an Evel K, but the two that were there, were too ragged out and too expensive, imo. Thanks to all who made this show possible.

IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg

#11 3 years ago

Anyone bring home that Centaur II?? Looked like a really good price on it............

#12 3 years ago

Bill from the Pinball Gallery bought it. it had a bunch of issues during the show. once he gets it up and running it will be in their lineup.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Anyone bring home that Centaur II?? Looked like a really good price on it............

I played it alot fun pin

#14 3 years ago

Nice, looked like a decent price - was going to play it but ultimately did not - always get sidetracked!!! I've never played a Centaur, want to see what all the "fuss" is about - personally I think the backglass is horrible!!!

Hey bigd1979 were you the guy I was talking to about the Maverick, your friend was going to buy it???

#15 3 years ago

Centaurs a great game - but that one needed a playfield and backglass-it did work- but the guy selling it was working on it at the show-Bills a good guy he will get it put back together

#16 3 years ago

Nice, looked like a decent price - was going to play it but ultimately did not - always get sidetracked!!! I've never played a Centaur, want to see what all the "fuss" is about - personally I think the backglass is horrible!!!
    Hey bigd1979 were you the guy I was talking to about the Maverick, your friend was going to buy it???

Shaved head with a pretty blond with me ? May of been I talked to so many people lol

#17 3 years ago

Hey you caught me in action playing the Sky Line, it was my first time playing one and I was trying to get the elevator doors to open. It was a very nice restored machine, I think the asking price was $1195.

I also played the Jet Spin next to it, called the seller but it was sold. Enjoyed the show, lots to play and check out.

blockquote cite="#2736045">I went Friday, early afternoon. Great cross-section of games. Friendly people and mostly good prices. I was hoping for an Evel K, but the two that were there, were too ragged out and too expensive, imo. Thanks to all who made this show possible.
    IMG_1416.jpg

#18 3 years ago

jrpinball;

I enjoyed playing your Royal Flush on Friday, very nice machine, I was surprised to see a roto-target in a machine made in 1957 as I didn't know Gottlieb used them in that era.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Shaved head with a pretty blond with me ? May of been I talked to so many people lol

Unfortunately, no, no pretty blonde, just two dudes! Must've been somebody else.........

1 month later
    #20 3 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

jrpinball;
    I enjoyed playing your Royal Flush on Friday, very nice machine, I was surprised to see a roto-target in a machine made in 1957 as I didn't know Gottlieb used them in that era.

Gottlieb's 1957 "Majestic" was the first to use a roto target. I believe "Royal Flush" may have been the second game to have one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 12.75
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside