IMG_1173.JPG
DSC00331.JPG
target_decals_colored_spots_and_webs.JPG
Venom_web.JPG
Goblin_web.JPG
Spider_sense_and_extra_GI.JPG
blue_etched_sling_protectors.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I just got a spiderman and am looking for pics of all modded spidermans out there. I would like to order the pinbits protective set however I see they have a blue set and clear does anybody have pics of these? Also I see these really cool looking colored webbies. How do I remove the old ones they are riveted. Any other suggestions are welcomed. I cant believe how fun and fast this pin plays. Thanks guys Shovelhed.

#2 11 years ago

The webbed side rails I believe were only for the Black version correct? Or are they aftermarket as well? Back Alley Creations as some cool stuff.

#3 11 years ago

Mine came NIB with black webbed siderails.

For more info about mods, go to the pinside search function and type "sm mods". That will get you a few old threads with pictures.

#4 11 years ago

I've modded my doc ock with LEDs in his tenticles, how does one load pictures up and post here on pinside? Newbie question I know but would rather get it right than post a picture that expands to 20 times it size

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've modded my doc ock with LEDs in his tenticles,

Geez, I had to read that like 4 times. Tenticles….

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've modded my doc ock with LEDs in his tenticles, how does one load pictures up and post here on pinside? Newbie question I know but would rather get it right than post a picture that expands to 20 times it size

Jon, look at the bottom left side where it says Attach Images or Files. You just click the Browse button and select the picture from your computer.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

JonM said:I've modded my doc ock with LEDs in his tenticles,
Geez, I had to read that like 4 times. Tenticles….

You must have had something else on your mind the first 3 times you read it

#8 11 years ago

Some of the later SM Blacks came with webbed side rails. You can however buy aftermarket ones from Steve Ritchie.

You have to drill out the rivets on the colored plastic webbies then bolt the new ones in.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

JonM said:I've modded my doc ock with LEDs in his tenticles, how does one load pictures up and post here on pinside? Newbie question I know but would rather get it right than post a picture that expands to 20 times it size
Jon, look at the bottom left side where it says Attach Images or Files. You just click the Browse button and select the picture from your computer.

My bad should have been more specific I'm using my iPhone is it possible to upload from it? I cannot seem to click the choose file button.

#10 11 years ago

Yeah I have never drilled out a rivet. I was hoping there was a safer way. I just dont want to break anything.

#11 11 years ago

Drilling the rivets is how I did it as well. Not too difficult put rag down to cover area over playfield and just take your time drilling them out. I would add the Laseriffic Topper it is pretty amazing IMO. Link to some pics.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/laseriffics-sm-topper

#12 11 years ago

Wow! i just asked Joe to send me some pics that is badd ass looking. Dude do you have the pinbits protectors on yours? If so cand you send me some pics of what they look like. Thanks for your response.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Wow! i just asked Joe to send me some pics that is badd ass looking. Dude do you have the pinbits protectors on yours? If so cand you send me some pics of what they look like. Thanks for your response.

Are you talking about Jon and his lit tenticles? If so, could you do him and us a favor and post the pictures here since he only has an IPhone.

#14 11 years ago

Just the thread I needed to show off my Black Spidey.

I have the blue etched plastic protectors from Pinbits. I love the way they look. You don't even notice the blue...the actual etching is the only blue in it and I think that is just so you can see the design. I have only seen pics of their other webbed protectors on their site, but I really can't imagine them looking as good as the etched ones when installed. You can also see I added a GI light under the Spider-Man and American flag plastic in the pic of the Spider Sense lane protector.

I also have a red DMD cover and speaker Spiders from Pinbits.

I have colored webbies installed. The red and yellow were from Steve Ritchie's website. They were a bit of a pain to install. Doc Ock wasn't to bad, but Sandman was a pain in the butt. Everyone talked about how easy it is....it's only easy if you have a privot drill or something like that. A tool I had honestly never heard of. I eneded up and finally got the rivets drilled out with a lot of cussing and greif. Looking back it would be easy if you had the above mentioned tool, and if not, it would probably be easier than I did it if you remove the back board from the playfield.

The green and blue webbies come from Fabrication Unlimited:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FabricationUnlimited

These were also a bit harder to put on than first expected. A lot of ramps and plastics had to be stripped, but it was still easier than drilling out the rivets. I really like each villian getting it's own color matched web.

You can also see I have the Back Alley Creations Sandman "legs" installed. I like this...others don't. I can understand why. I think it adds to the baren area that is the big clear Sandman plastic...others think it blocks the view. To each his own, but I like it.

I have NoFlix+ LEDs under the inserts from pinballcenter.eu and color matching LED in each villians spot lights (cointaker narrow beams in Venom and Green Goblin, Ultras in the Doc Ock and Sandman). I also have target decals and think a game without them looks naked and unfinished.

The last pic to mention is my back box. A lot of work has went into this. It was originally a Cointaker color changing LED board. Then a got a bare (just wires, harness and sockets) kit from Arcade Upkeep. Then I wired my own relay control so I could switch the backboard to always on, always off, or on/off controlled with the machines GI lights. Having the backboard turn off when the games GI lights went off really addded some extra punch to the flashers. I have super bright color matching flasher behind each villian. I know some folks don't like the color matching with the villians on Spidey, but I have fully embraced it. Matching webs, spots and flashers behind the backglass.

I have many other mods and additions on my Black Spidey. I feel like it's pretty modded, but still not too over the top.

blue_etched_sling_protectors.JPGblue_etched_sling_protectors.JPG Spider_sense_and_extra_GI.JPGSpider_sense_and_extra_GI.JPG Goblin_web.JPGGoblin_web.JPG Venom_web.JPGVenom_web.JPG target_decals_colored_spots_and_webs.JPGtarget_decals_colored_spots_and_webs.JPG

#15 11 years ago

Cut the old web off with small sharp side cutters. Then cut the rivet with cutters and reshape the end you cut with pliers and pull the rivet out. No drill needed.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Pinbit webbed protectors are a must add they look great IMO. Here are some old pics of mine that show the webs in near the slings. Blue LED's around them make them glow a blue color pretty cool effect. If you need some more detailed pics let me know I am sure I could snap a few.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-of-my-spider-man

#17 11 years ago

A photo of Steve's black rails.

DSC00331.JPGDSC00331.JPG

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Cut the old web off with small sharp side cutters. Then cut the rivet with cutters and reshape the end you cut with pliers and pull the rivet out. No drill needed.

Seems pretty easy....if you don't mind trashing your original webs.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

A photo of Steve's black rails.

Attachments DSC00331.JPG (141.7 KB, 0 downloads) 8 minutes old

I have to say I like the design of Steve's aftermarket webbed rails better than the ones officially included on Black Spiderman.

#20 11 years ago

Bad ass boys you guys have given me all kinds of Ideas. cant wait to start modding this bad boy.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have colored webbies installed. The red and yellow were from Steve Ritchie's website. They were a bit of a pain to install. Doc Ock wasn't to bad, but Sandman was a pain in the butt. Everyone talked about how easy it is....it's only easy if you have a privot drill or something like that. A tool I had honestly never heard of. I eneded up and finally got the rivets drilled out with a lot of cussing and greif. Looking back it would be easy if you had the above mentioned tool, and if not, it would probably be easier than I did it if you remove the back board from the playfield.
The green and blue webbies come from Fabrication Unlimited:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FabricationUnlimited
These were also a bit harder to put on than first expected. A lot of ramps and plastics had to be stripped, but it was still easier than drilling out the rivets. I really like each villian getting it's own color matched web.

We make all 5 webs if desired, We do the 3 standard webs typically in Red, Yellow and Light Blue, but can do them in just about any color you want.... We've done a set in black for someone with a BSM....

They are not listed on the website Dug linked above, but that's one way to get a hold of us (plus if you want some bonus points with the wife we can include some jewelry in your order.... ) Or you can message me here, or if you search for spiderman pinball on ebay they will come up. I keep forgetting to add the GG and Venom webs to the Ebay listing. Total set is $45 +$5 shipping. Can do just one if you want or up to all 5 in your choice of colors....

#22 11 years ago

To start off, I powder coated all mine in bright red. (Room is dark so the pictures are darker than it really is).
IMG_1177.JPGIMG_1177.JPG IMG_1173.JPGIMG_1173.JPG
Then I added the back alley mods, LEDs, shaker, sub, web slings, topper, PDI glass.

IMG_1170.JPGIMG_1170.JPG IMG_1171.JPGIMG_1171.JPG IMG_1172.JPGIMG_1172.JPG

#23 11 years ago

Great game. Wish I had one in my collection.

SpiderManThread.jpgSpiderManThread.jpg

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

To start off, I powder coated all mine in bright red. (Room is dark so the pictures are darker than it really is).

Then I added the back alley mods, LEDs, shaker, sub, web slings, topper, PDI glass.

Attachments IMG_1177.JPG (113.1 KB, 0 downloads) 39 minutes old IMG_1172.JPG (149.9 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old IMG_1171.JPG (154.1 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old IMG_1170.JPG (167.2 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old IMG_1173.JPG (139.9 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old

Is that the original side rails? They look just like the ones on BSM. I've never seen them this style except on BSM.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

markmon said:To start off, I powder coated all mine in bright red. (Room is dark so the pictures are darker than it really is).
Attachments IMG_1177.JPG (113.1 KB, 0 downloads) 39 minutes old IMG_1172.JPG (149.9 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old IMG_1171.JPG (154.1 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old IMG_1170.JPG (167.2 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old IMG_1173.JPG (139.9 KB, 0 downloads) 44 minutes old
Is that the original side rails? They look just like the ones on BSM. I've never seen them this style except on BSM.

I can't remember but I think I bought them from pinballlife or such a long time ago.

#26 11 years ago

red dmd cover!

spid[1].jpgspid[1].jpg

#27 11 years ago

Here is the Blue spiderman

BlueSM_001.JPGBlueSM_001.JPG BlueSM_002.JPGBlueSM_002.JPG BlueSM_008.JPGBlueSM_008.JPG

#28 11 years ago

That blue one needs light blue t-molding instead of the silver

#29 11 years ago

Damn did that blue turn out nice! who did the work?

#30 11 years ago

GAP did, of course. Pretty, very pretty

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 25.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-of-spiderman-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.