Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deadzone10.jpg
    2013-01-18_18-00-39_967.jpg
    deadzone9.jpg
    deadzone8.jpg
    deadzone7.jpg
    deadzone6.jpg
    deadzone5.jpg
    deadzone4.jpg
    deadzone3.jpg
    deadzone2.jpg
    deadzone1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I thought I might put up some pics of my games. I am a long time fan of horror and B-movies, so I have been trying to put together a like themed game room. Local pinheads call my basement 'The Dead Zone'.

deadzone1.jpgdeadzone1.jpg deadzone2.jpgdeadzone2.jpg deadzone3.jpgdeadzone3.jpg

#2 11 years ago

more.

deadzone4.jpgdeadzone4.jpg deadzone5.jpgdeadzone5.jpg deadzone6.jpgdeadzone6.jpg

#3 11 years ago

more.

deadzone7.jpgdeadzone7.jpg deadzone8.jpgdeadzone8.jpg deadzone9.jpgdeadzone9.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Nice game I like the theme. Looks like you'll be on the list for Spookys Zombie pin.

#5 11 years ago

That's bad ass

#7 11 years ago

Very cool.

#8 11 years ago

Nice line-up you have there

#9 11 years ago

Love it. We are working on our gameroom right now, just taking a break from painting. I am having to work around 2 pins, and cant imagine having that many and those titles to play.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks! There's plenty more the the spooky atmosphere that isn't in the pics. I have my '60 Cadillac Hearse parked where the vids are. You can see the tip of the tail fin in front of TFTC. There is also a well stocked bar.

Yea, I am pretty much at capacity. I really squeezed the space I had to the max though!

#11 11 years ago

Is this a basement/garage/addition? Just curious since you said you have a hearse parked in it.

I always wonder how people find the space for huge collections. Being that my house is around 200 years old, they weren't thinking of making enough room in the basement for pinball collections.

#12 11 years ago

Your game room is EXACTLY what I want in mine... I have a Carnevil! Love that machine. Not too mention your kick a$$ Ghostbusters Pin. Beautiful setup.

#13 11 years ago

Like PinJer, your theme is exactly what I want to go for. I was seriously considering the BSD in the coffin, would be the perfect addition! Are you on the list for BHZA? Sounds like it would be a perfect fit for your theme.

GWalton, your collection is really unique, and you have a lot of games I would love to play. I am not that far away, do you ever invite people over/have any parties?

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

GWalton, your collection is really unique, and you have a lot of games I would love to play. I am not that far away, do you ever invite people over/have any parties?

Probably by late spring/early summer I will be inviting people to come play. Been out of the hobby for quite some time and my machines need a bit of work to be up to snuff.

#15 11 years ago

In honor of your ghost busters pin

2013-01-18_18-00-39_967.jpg2013-01-18_18-00-39_967.jpg

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Is this a basement/garage/addition? Just curious since you said you have a hearse parked in it.

The vids are in the integral garage which is 32'x18', which gives me enough room for an expanded game area at the end as well as workshop space. It gets a little too cold in there in the winter for pins, but the vids are fine.

#17 11 years ago

I'm digging your gameroom! I am also into horror and B and C movies. My wife and I mentioned how cool it would be to have a collection of horror themed pins. You have a huge jump start on us.

Since you are pretty local, will you be going to Pinburgh in April?

#18 11 years ago

Awesome thanks for sharing!

#19 11 years ago

I love to see that MK2, I have them all and restore them on a regular basis.

#20 11 years ago

I've been to Brian's game room. Really cool. And the hearse is a great touch.

#21 11 years ago

Looks good, Brian! I wish I lived closer so I could check everything out in person....

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

I always wonder how people find the space for huge collections. Being that my house is around 200 years old, they weren't thinking of making enough room in the basement for pinball collections

I hear ya, Greg. My house is 110 years old and there's nothing pin-friendly about it.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from MattElder:

I hear ya, Greg. My house is 110 years old and there's nothing pin-friendly about it.

Yeah, all my stairways have 90 degree turns in them, I don't think any of my entry doors are bigger than 32" and bilco doors aren't a possibility for my basement. My garage is detached and not climate controlled.
    It's like they built the house just to torment me. Haha!

Wish I had a nice open area like Brian has. Although I believe he may have the same "no game topper" problem I have. No matter how cool a game topper is, it just ain't gonna happen in my basement. That's what kept me from buying a Whitewater at one point . . I felt like the game just wouldn't be the same without it.

#24 11 years ago

Sir, YOU are filthy, FILTHY pin rich! Great A-list collection.

#25 11 years ago

Killer looking gameroom. Thanks for the pic's

#26 11 years ago

Awesome game room!!! Think it is the first I've seen that sticks with a theme and runs with it! Halloween Parties at your place!? Some strobes and a fog machine will set that place off!

#27 11 years ago

Ive been to The Dead Zone a few times. Great host. A variety of great games as well. Brian always has a great selection of beers too!

#28 11 years ago

Love it!! Nice collection, I love the Mystery Castle tucked away in the corner.

#29 11 years ago

Cool setup. Oh and not mine but are you looking for a Freddy? nashville.craigslist.org link

#30 11 years ago

Looks like you'll be on the list for Spookys Zombie pin.

Could be. It's definitely something I am interested in, but I'll have to see all the details first. I have Predator on pre-order now, so it could depend on how the timing goes.

Your game room is EXACTLY what I want in mine... I have a Carnevil! Love that machine. Not too mention your kick a$$ Ghostbusters Pin. Beautiful setup.

CarnEvil is just so up my alley with the theme and the pump shotguns. That game really tires you out playing! It's always a hit at parties.

Like PinJer, your theme is exactly what I want to go for. I was seriously considering the BSD in the coffin, would be the perfect addition! Are you on the list for BHZA? Sounds like it would be a perfect fit for your theme.

I wish I had that kind of scratch to throw down on any game, let alone one I won't have for several years. Would have been cool, though.

In honor of your ghost busters pin

That's a pretty sweet Ecto replica!

I'm digging your gameroom! I am also into horror and B and C movies. My wife and I mentioned how cool it would be to have a collection of horror themed pins. You have a huge jump start on us.
    Since you are pretty local, will you be going to Pinburgh in April?

Yes, I am registered for the tournament. Maybe we can meet up at some point. It's always great to meet a like minded local collector. There are plenty of pin parties in town and the local league is a great outlet if you are interested.

I love to see that MK2, I have them all and restore them on a regular basis.

That's my all time favorite arcade game. I have the boards for MK1 & UMK3 for that machine too. I restored it from a Namco conversion to Soul Edge 2. The decals were perfectly preserved under latex paint!

I've been to Brian's game room. Really cool. And the hearse is a great touch.

Thanks Jeremy! It looks like your game room is hitting rock star status pretty quickly.

Looks good, Brian! I wish I lived closer so I could check everything out in person....

I wish you lived closer too, Matt. It would be awesome to check out your collection!!

Wish I had a nice open area like Brian has. Although I believe he may have the same "no game topper" problem I have. No matter how cool a game topper is, it just ain't gonna happen in my basement.

My house is 107 years old and I had to knock out a few walls to open up the basement. I also installed a wider door to the garage to make it a breeze to load games. I really wish there was a way to swing one big room for all the games. And yes, there is no way for me to fit a topper on a game anywhere. Maybe my next house.

Sir, YOU are filthy, FILTHY pin rich! Great A-list collection.

heheh, thanks! Believe me though, I am far from rich. I have just been doing this for about 7 years now and I have caught some major scores and bulk-buy opportunities.

Awesome game room!!! Think it is the first I've seen that sticks with a theme and runs with it! Halloween Parties at your place!? Some strobes and a fog machine will set that place off!

Oh yea, I'm all but obligated to throw a Halloween party every year. I always look forward to it.
    Here's a pic of the other end of the garage...

deadzone10.jpgdeadzone10.jpg

#31 11 years ago

And that's a very, ahem, beautiful wife you have there posing in front of the Mystery Castle. She's looks to need a bath and a toothbrush...juuuust throwin' it out there man.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#32 11 years ago

"It's always great to meet a like minded local collector."

I meant that Pinburgh is local to you. I will be coming up from Richmond, VA, but yeah, we can meet there at some point.

#33 11 years ago

I want all your pins. I too love the old school horror theme. Your missing a nightmare on elm street and a frankenstein though.

#34 11 years ago

Nice set up....you need that custom EVIL DEAD pin in there

And that BIG SHOT is skeeeeery!!!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

And that's a very, ahem, beautiful wife you have there posing in front of the Mystery Castle. She's looks to need a bath and a toothbrush...juuuust throwin' it out there man.

I am afraid she would fall apart.

Quoted from Jeremecium:

I meant that Pinburgh is local to you. I will be coming up from Richmond, VA, but yeah, we can meet there at some point.

Sorry, I thought you were suggesting you were also local.

Quoted from pinmanguy:

I want all your pins. I too love the old school horror theme. Your missing a nightmare on elm street and a Frankenstein though.

Those 2 never did much for me, I have passed on both. Same with CFTBL.

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

And that BIG SHOT is skeeeeery!!!

Yea, it can be a nightmare at times.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Those 2 never did much for me, I have passed on both. Same with CFTBL.

agree with frankenstein but I just love the theme of elm street!

#37 11 years ago

I am a pretty big Elm Street fan too, but more importantly my wife is an even bigger fan. If the day comes where I can fit more games, I would want it even if just for the novelty. I just couldn't see parting with one of my current games for it.

#38 11 years ago

I have a few you could use in that collection of yours

#39 11 years ago

No way. Creature rocks! I wouldn't complain if I had one sitting here now.

#40 11 years ago

I was wondering where the TFTC was hiding. Oh and Go Pens Go as I am a big fan of them and hockey in general.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

I have a few you could use in that collection of yours

You sure do!!

GO PENS!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-of-my-game-room-the-dead-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.