• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BonusPlay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vagabondPin.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animesuperj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Picked up my first EM pin: a Williams Vagabond. Overall, not in horrible shape; but it needs a lot of cleaning. Trying to start moving towards pins, as I'm pretty happy with my arcade lineup currently. Plus, it's something different; and I'm enjoying pins more and more. Snagged it less than a mile from my work at a rummage sale for $100. Figured for the price, why not! The power cord was cut, so took a bit of risk on it. Connected a cord when I got home, plugged it in, added a credit and....it works! The hundred reel isn't counting; so that's another small thing to fix. The backglass was also flaking a bit, so I sealed it with some triple thick. Waiting to see how that turns out, just gotta peal the cling wrap off tonight. So besides cleaning (a lot of it), the hundred reel and the backglass flaking; everything seems to be functioning and in good shape.

vagabondPin.jpgvagabondPin.jpg

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Congrats. A lesser seen game at only 600 units. First game with the traditional style drop target. I'd be stoked if I found one for $100.
Ron Webb has repro glass for this game. http://www.pinballglass.com
Alex

I did see that while searching for parts/information. I'm debating it. I'll probably wait and see how the sealing turns out. Ideally I'd like to not drop too much money into the pin, just get it cleaned up and running. Although, if it turns out I can't save the backglass; I'll probably be ordering the repro.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yea, there was one around here last year....called on it, almost had a deal, then the seller backed out! (My husband wants to keep it) dooh! It does have some great artwork and the playfield pretty cool also, though I've never played one. I think your game's purple is also faded, but for that price, great find. Enjoy!

I didn't even notice the purple! I compared it to other pictures, and yeah, the purple on the backbox is a bit faded. lol, oh well. I think once it's cleaned up, it should look pretty nice. Just going to take a LOT of cleaning to get there.

I also just snapped the pic quick with my phone, in low light; so I'm sure it's not doing the colors any favors. The playfield color seems to be pretty good, but yeah, not so much on the cabinet itself.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

man, you never cease to amaze me with your knowledge of pinball trivia...
plus it has the much desired (by me, anyway ) metal bats...
@the op... nice find... i've never seen one of those before either... if'n it was me, i'd buy the repro bg, but i'm a sucker for pretty backglasses... even if the original is pretty darn good, the colors on a "newie" are so much more vibrant...
shop that thing out and make a gameplay vid... i'd like to see it "in action"...

Just put the last coat of sealer on the glass today, and it turned out fine. Was able to save the flaking paint, and stop any further loss. While I could get the repro glass, I'm going to hold off at this point. It's just more money to sink into it, which I'm trying to avoid at this point. Not that I don't want it to look awesome, but...it's just more cash I don't have. Plus, I'm trying to put money aside to pickup a TFTC. So, the original is at least saved; and repro is always an option later if I decide to get it. Believe me, I know how much better it'd look; and if I had the available cash I'd snag it and have both.

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

There's been a guy advertising on CL here for like a year, every few days, looking for a Vagabond (and a Ski Club_:
minneapolis.craigslist.org link
He posts this ad over, and over, and over...
(I don't know the person though.)

Ha, there's always someone looking for everything. I saw another post for someone looking for one. Nice to know if I ever decide to sell, it shouldn't be too difficult of a process.

#12 10 years ago

I'll be sure to grab a video once it's all up and running. Hopefully soon than later!

Also, I've been trying to find this info; and haven't been able to find it. What size balls should this use? Since I'll need to grab more, I just want to make sure I get the correct size. Thanks for any help!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Takes one standard 1 1/16" pinball. You may think it takes five but it doesn't. Add-A-Ball and multi-player manual ball lift games from this era take one. Single player manual lift replay games take five. There may be an exception to that but I haven't seen it yet. If it has a ball window (so you can see balls played) in the apron you usually know it's a 5 ball game if not 1 ball.
Alex

Awesome, thanks for the info. I couldn't really find anything specific, so this helps.

1 month later
#16 10 years ago
Quoted from BonusPlay:

When I was a kid we had one of these in our basement in Vermont, my brothers and I played this thing endlessly. If you ever think about selling let me know. I could swear this machine did multi-ball play.

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm usually not a huge fan of ems, but this one is pretty fun. So far I haven't noticed any way that multi-ball would start/work, but that'd be awesome if it did!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animesuperj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pickup-up-a-williams-vagabond?tu=animesuperj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.