• Latest reply 10 years ago by pinstyle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spit_take.gif
#1 10 years ago

Just curious is anyone who lives far away from the factory going to pick up their game? I have actually thought about flying there and renting a van to come home with it. Stopping to see some friends along the way. Just curiuos. Could be a nice getaway and cool to see the new factory and meet some of the team.

#2 10 years ago

I have to say you have too much time on your hands...but then again you would be living life large. Wish I had time for such endeavors

#3 10 years ago

If I had time and money, I'd do it. What a memorable trip.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Just curious is anyone who lives far away from the factory going to pick up their game? I have actually thought about flying there and renting a van to come home with it. Stopping to see some friends along the way. Just curiuos. Could be a nice getaway and cool to see the new factory and meet some of the team.

Please do so. Ill swing by the factory to show you some stuff when you do

#5 10 years ago

I'm only about 5-6 hours from there, and that will be my first question when I get "The Call". If they say yes I'll hop in the truck. Make a little event out of it and stop in Asbury Park at the Silverball Museum. I'd be laughing the whole ride home that WOZ was in the truck and I would stop at every rest area to post another picture of the box in the back.

#6 10 years ago

Yup like Lloyd said. If time and money no object sounds fun. Makes for a good how I got this pin story also.

#7 10 years ago

i am in rhode island and i am withing the first 30 - so i am hoping to drive up there and grab it - it's a 5 hour ride each way - thanks ed

#8 10 years ago

Well I have some time off coming and no plans. Money does not grow on trees here either but, a one way plane ride and a hertz mini van wouldnt be that bad.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i am in rhode island and i am withing the first 30 - so i am hoping to drive up there and grab it - it's a 5 hour ride each way - thanks ed

I must be less than 10 miles away from you, so if you need some help let me know

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Well I have some time off coming and no plans. Money does not grow on trees here either but, a one way plane ride and a hertz mini van wouldnt be that bad.

I would think the one way fee from Hertz would kill this idea. But it would be a damn cool trip

#11 10 years ago

It would be one hell of a trek for me. Not sure. Could be fun though. I would have to make a hell of a playlist.

#12 10 years ago

I've driven from Detroit to San Diego and back to pick up two slot machines once. Via Reno & Sacramento. Back through Vegas & Salt Lake City. Awesome trip. This was BC (Before Children).

#13 10 years ago

Won't you have to pay NJ sales tax???

#14 10 years ago

Yeah, that's been said.

My question though: if you have an "agent" pick up your parcel, like a courier company, for delivery out-of-state, there's no tax. So, what law prevents you from acting as your own agent if a game is pre-paid and the final destination is out-of-state? What if a friend picks up the game? A friend who owns a small delivery company? Where's the line drawn, and why is there a line?

#15 10 years ago

That's funny coaster...I live 30 minutes from JJP and I m planning on having them deliver mine. That being said, I do plan on visiting the facility when mine is on the line and taking pictures of it at each station.

Also, I would be happy to meet up with you on the way...you could make a stop at my house with WOZ in the truck a play a few games. Send me a PM if you decide to do it!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

... Stopping to see some friends along the way.

Yeah, right!
More like:
"Peddle to floor, no bathroom breaks, making record time home, then setting this bad boy up for play no matter what time I get in the door."

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from DnDPins:

I live 30 minutes from JJP and I m planning on having them deliver mine.

Do you hate money?

#18 10 years ago

Do you hate money?

spit_take.gifspit_take.gif

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Do you hate money?

Since laughing is supposed to be good for you and you are very funny, you're definitely an asset to Pinside! Thanks for the laughs!

#20 10 years ago

Yup on a roll today jarjar that is at least the 3rd LOL from me tonight on one of your posts.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Please do so. Ill swing by the factory to show you some stuff when you do

I'll take you up on that Alex if that's OK. I'm about 6 1/2 hours away on the PA/OH border and will be doing an overnight stay. Any nice hotel recommendations? My daughter lives in NYC and will be driving down to meet me at JJP too so that's a bonus. I checked with my distr and Jack and got the green light. Rough estimate from Jack was the end of June. Rob

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I'll take you up on that Alex if that's OK. I'm about 6 1/2 hours away on the PA/OH border and will be doing an overnight stay. Any nice hotel recommendations? My daughter lives in NYC and will be driving down to meet me at JJP too so that's a bonus. I checked with my distr and Jack and got the green light. Rough estimate from Jack was the end of June. Rob

When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking, I am trying to gauge when my machine might be made.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

When did you place your order if you don't mind me asking, I am trying to gauge when my machine might be made.

I'm not sure when my distributor placed his order. Sorry. Jack knew who I was buying through and gave me that rough estimate.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

I have to say you have too much time on your hands...but then again you would be living life large. Wish I had time for such endeavors

I've actually flown to other states to pick up games and drove them back in a one way rental.

Always an awesome trip!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Yeah, that's been said.
My question though: if you have an "agent" pick up your parcel, like a courier company, for delivery out-of-state, there's no tax. So, what law prevents you from acting as your own agent if a game is pre-paid and the final destination is out-of-state? What if a friend picks up the game? A friend who owns a small delivery company? Where's the line drawn, and why is there a line?

This has been covered somewhere before (taxes). There ore only two ways a state handles taxes on these types of purchases. Your required to pay taxes either way, its just a matter of who or which state do you pay the taxes to. Look up "do i pay taxes on products that are delivered to me out of state?" Or something to that nature and you'll find your answer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picking-up-your-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.